Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Was hoping it might happen and was nicely surprised! Awesome casting choice too

This just shows that there are no coincidences. People wondered by Clea took the place of Stephen right when MoM was around the corner and now the answer is obvious.

spoilers:
    Also casting Charlize Theron is just fire. I honestly don't know many other actresses who are that good at portraying badass characters. She might actually give Cate Blanchetts Hela some competition.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Ya know, getting back to the mini for a moment, who wants to bet that the mystery bad guy is actually Seth?

We have an encounter with a Moon Knight coming up, and Thunderstrike's corpse was reanimated, and he is the Egyption God of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    This just shows that there are no coincidences. People wondered by Clea took the place of Stephen right when MoM was around the corner and now the answer is obvious.

spoilers:
    Also casting Charlize Theron is just fire. I honestly don't know many other actresses who are that good at portraying badass characters. She might actually give Cate Blanchetts Hela some competition.
    end of spoilers
    Except Jed pitched this book without knowing anything about the movie.

Clea vs Wanda, who wins?
    The J-man

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    So, what Clea fans think of Doctor Strange MoM?
    I am officially jealous. spoilers:
    I've been hoping Charliez Theron would be cast Sue Storm.
    end of spoilers

But I am glad for the MCU.

I think it's quite obvious the Gaga rumors were true based on the character design. Those shoulder pads and graphic eyeliner were straight up Gaga. I would have loved to see that casting, but Charlize is a much better actress and a major win for the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I am officially jealous. spoilers:
    I've been hoping Charliez Theron would be cast Sue Storm.
    end of spoilers

But I am glad for the MCU.
    Hmm an interesting choice but I don't quite see it.

After seeing movies like Atomic Blonde or The Fate of The Furious I think Charlize really excels at portraying certain type of characters and feel Clea is a good fit. Especially when she has a similar characterization to her current book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Clea vs Wanda, who wins?
    Which Wanda are we talking about?
    Last edited by Galerion; 05-08-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Which Wanda are we talking about?
    Wanda Maximoff
    The J-man

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yep, people guessed that this was going to happen way back in the Dr. Strange appreciation thread. He is replaced by the end of the third movie with a Disney+ show to make the switch official.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

There's a new Unlimited one-shot today starring Clea and America Chavez.

Hmm an interesting choice but I don't quite see it.

After seeing movies like Atomic Blonde or The Fate of The Furious I think Charlize really excels at portraying certain type of characters and feel Clea is a good fit. Especially when she has a similar characterization to her current book.
    I don't see why you can't see it. Charlize Theron has done some very physcial roles. Sue is more physically active with her powers than Clea, which is just spell casting. Sue even once trained with Danny Rand aka Iron Fist.

Astonishing Member

I wanted Charlize to be Captain Marvel -- she has the gravitas that would have benefited the role and the film. Brie Larson is okay, but before she starred in Captain Marvel, I had never even heard of her.

She would have been good in that too! Then I have to remember she won an Best Actress Oscar way back in 2003 for "Monster" playing serial killer Eileen Wuornos. She was almost unrecognizable in that.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES