Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I’ll agree that he goes a little too far to absolve Emma of her past actions sometimes. But I didn’t have a problem with this issue, it’s just building off of her established soft spot for children to show that she always had some goodness in her core. It makes her eventual transition to hero seem smoother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Oh grand I thought these were linked to dumb Silver Age things that super heroes once did
    the nick fury one might be that. i think its the only one that references something specific from the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I like the issue a lot, disappointed that Emma was defeated so easily though. Perhaps she let herself get captured as part of some big plan, that would be fine. But still, seems like someone at the X-office has decided that Emma isn’t allowed to fight anymore, which is a shame.
    Pretty much. The same Emma that trained to switch to Diamond in a flash so the likes of Black Bolt couldn't blitz her but somehow she lay there on the floor without immediately switching after getting punched.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Who was the guy who got Emma? Don't think I've ever seen him.
    union jack, usually pops up in british marvel things

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Pretty much. The same Emma that trained to switch to Diamond in a flash so the likes of Black Bolt couldn't blitz her but somehow she lay there on the floor without immediately switching after getting punched.
    She knew she was being surveilled and going by the end quote to next issue, I think it was a set up for the King Pin.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    union jack, usually pops up in british marvel things
    Oh man, he’s gonna be pissed if he finds out that Emma stole her British accent

Extraordinary Member

The Peter Emma moment was nice

Rest was good too

she stole butterum and gave it to this little girl omg i can already see it
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The Peter Emma moment was nice

Rest was good too
    It was cool, I wasn’t expecting that spider-man moment to be the big bombshell reveal of the issue. They linger on it long enough that it makes you wonder if it’ll become relevant later. Spidey is overdue for another x-men crossover

Extraordinary Member

It was cool, I wasn’t expecting that spider-man moment to be the big bombshell reveal of the issue. They linger on it long enough that it makes you wonder if it’ll become relevant later. Spidey is overdue for another x-men crossover
    Absolutely

Spidey and X-men crossovers are great.Peter's got great chemistry w/ them

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    She knew she was being surveilled and going by the end quote to next issue, I think it was a set up for the King Pin.
    I'm starting to think the reason she wore Kitty's pirate cosplay (because what's inconspicuous about that?) is because she didn't want to get arrested and booked in her actual clothes, so she made do with Kitty's.
    Oh man, he’s gonna be pissed if he finds out that Emma stole her British accent
    It is kind of ironic seeing Emma get arrested by a British Superhero in the UK (not the Avengers, not a Thunderbolt, but Union Jack ) when she walks and talks like she's British nobility even though she isn't.

Spectacular Member

emma just violating the minds of good people like peter again....x-men wonder why general public has been so distrusting for years lol

This was a fun read. I love that emma's idea of going incognito is wearing kate's bright red pirate jacket. but who would expect the white queen to be in *gasp* color. lol

I don't get why everytime a new aspect of a character is explored it's considered a retcon though. Emma has 30 years or more of life we have never seen in comics and no one has the exact same personality with every last person they deal with. this was fun and it felt like Emma to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This was a fun read. I love that emma's idea of going incognito is wearing kate's bright red pirate jacket. but who would expect the white queen to be in *gasp* color. lol

I don't get why everytime a new aspect of a character is explored it's considered a retcon though. Emma has 30 years or more of life we have never seen in comics and no one has the exact same personality with every last person they deal with. this was fun and it felt like Emma to me.
    "Protecting children" and "child abuser" isn't a new aspect, it's a contradicting one if it's both during her Hellfire Days.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The only way Emma Frost doesn't standout is when she has to telepathically make people think she's not there .