Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I love Rogue, Mystique and Destiny as a family unit but HOT DAMN are they abusive parents. Maybe Rogue's therapist told her not to run straight to Irene.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Does Arrako not care that Orchis has a base literally on their doorstep? Why do they even care about Amenth seems like they would be concerned with threats and fights that could be had in THIS dimension not some little section of Otherworld
    The comfort of the wars they knew vs the wars unknown? Stockholm?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What was hinted about Redroot the Forest?

I surely hope they don't make Rogue go bad and side with her evil mothers.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And will someone PLEASE read the Data Pages and listen to bishop. I swear to goodness the man is trying to tell you all how to handle the situation and no body is listening. I want to see how he works on team "no war" because i just don't see eradicating orichis as a war at this point it's just down right necessary. This isnt even the worse of humanity because even at it's worse humanity has some level of preservation, they want to destroy everything just to be the only consciousness left in a sense/
    Exacfockintatiously. Their "let's wait and see" stance is mind-boggling and makes no sense given everything they know of Orchis and Co. up to this point.

If previous attempts didn't work think of another strategy...but sitting around doing nothing will just get innocent people killed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't know why Destiny's hands were "shaking" like that...seems problematic health-wise like Parkinson's but Krakoa drugs and RPs should basically deal with such disorders
    i'm pretty sure that she is doing a "choking" gesture towards remy like people do when they're annoyed at someone

Everyone else could read through the redacted Orchus text right?

Couldn’t tell if it was intentional or a printing mistake as one of the positions said “Placeholder”

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post

Couldn’t tell if it was intentional or a printing mistake as one of the positions said “Placeholder”
    All i could see were black bars but i read it digital and that page didn't zoom.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

All i could see were black bars but i read it digital and that page didn't zoom.
    That’s pretty funny. Got my issue out now and the first couple paragraphs are nothing exciting. We got “dominated by HOMO SUPERIOR is STATISTICALLY INEVITABLE”

Then 4 Culture/Narrative: Tobe Decided
    5 Sociology/Modelling: Place Holder

Overall I liked the issue. Really surprised how much I’ve enjoyed Duggan’s run. I don’t really read standard superhero comics anymore, but I’ve liked having a straightforward lynchpin for the X-line. It’s always a fun read and I think Duggan has been fantastic at juggling plot threads and having points of drama hitting from all angles in such a fluid way.

I will be sad if the roster shakeup is drastic, but I assume that Duggan is throwing in doubt with each of the characters to create a bit of reader tension. It’s pretty smart but I’ll be disappointed if, say, the reason Polaris leaves is just because of info file we got on her spotlight issue. Seems the emotional beat should lead to her staying rather than leaving. Same for Synch etc. Shiro is also growing into the book so hoping the Otherworld stuff that’s teased is handled within this series.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I appreciate what Duggan's trying to do with Sunfire - giving him some character and goals that have nothing to do with Japan - but I feel like we're missing a scene where he goes to Arrako and decides "yeah, I want to move here." He was a Japanese nationalist, now on a island of mutant chauvinists. How did his character get like this? Dunno, let's move on.

(And if we're going with the "he's burnt out on Japanese nationalism" interpretation, that just raises the question as to how he feels about Krakoan nationalism.)
    Well we know he spends his spare time on Arakko from issue #6 so I guess it's not too much of a leap for him to move there. He's not the most social mutant so moving to another planet tracks.

i loved how casual him and storm were about the challengers too. "You may be challeneged shiro..." "oh they charred bodies right there ororo" "tea, shiro, so we may talk." lol.

I hope in Red we see Arrako resurrection protocol which i imagine is the white sword somewhere like "da fuq?!" lol
    Haha I really enjoyed their scene too. Constantly being challenged suits Shiro as he gets to give zero F's vanquishing his opponents. I'm really looking forward to his rescue mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    i'm pretty sure that she is doing a "choking" gesture towards remy like people do when they're annoyed at someone
    That's the sense I got from that scene as well, Destiny fantasizing choking him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Does Arrako not care that Orchis has a base literally on their doorstep? Why do they even care about Amenth seems like they would be concerned with threats and fights that could be had in THIS dimension not some little section of Otherworld
    Isn't Amenth a planet in a dark dimension?

Tbf to them it was all they knew for countless generations, whereas this dimension many Arrakiis have made it clear they think lesser of this home dimension even if it is their current home. As for why their allowing Dr. Stasis on their moon, that is a good question maybe some were impressed in how he dispatched that one Arrakii mutant with the horns?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post

Now why am I in it.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Y'know after re-reading X-Men #9 and then considering EVERYTHING that has transpired over the Era Krakoa.

The QC are dummies. They need to attack Orchis NOW. Sitting in waiting is not a good Idea. I say Grab your Most Powerful Alpha Level Mutants from both Arakko and Krakoa. And grab ALL your Omega Lvl Mutants from Both Arakko and Krakoa and let's Run up on Orchis.

Let's go JUMP them Muther*&^

And rain HELL down the Moon of Phobos. Done.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 03-02-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Y'know after re-reading X-Men #9 and then considering EVERYTHING that has transpired over the Era Krakoa.

The QC are dummies. They need to attack Orchis NOW. Sitting in waiting is not a good Idea. I say Grab your Most Powerful Alpha Level Mutants from both Arakko and Krakoa. And grab ALL your Omega Lvl Mutants from Both Arakko and Krakoa and let's Run up on Orchis.

Let's go JUMP them Muther*&^

And rain HELL down the Moon of Phobos. Done.
    I Know Right you'd think that would be the thing to do knowing what they know of Moira's lives and the threat Orchis poses but No Charles is STILL being a complete and total DUMBASS!

The Destiny interaction with Rogue and Gambit was almost perfect. If they let Rogue/Destiny be the primary people talking and Gambit was doing more of the background work. Instead we got Destiny/Gambit with Rogue in the background.

I'm not sure what the panel was supposed to mean with Magneto talking about steak.

Also when these books reach trade do they uncensore the datapages? Ever since HoX/PoX started we have a whoooooole bunch of them and I'd love to see what they say without them.