View Poll Results: Which boomerang is the best?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wonder Woman's magic tiara

10 62.50%
  • Sailor Moon's magic tiara

3 18.75%
  • Xena's chakram

5 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Wow, this discussions still going huh

I confess at this point im not quite sure where the debate is even going. Is it over who would win second place? its still about the moon tiara, the magic tiara, and the chakram right?
    Depends on which versions of the tiaras we're talking about now lol

Hope people don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's pretty funny that something like the new OMAC generates no reaction in this forum, while a comparison between tiaras gets 5 pages. Nothing wrong with that, it's just funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Hope people don't take this the wrong way, but I think it's pretty funny that something like the new OMAC generates no reaction in this forum, while a comparison between tiaras gets 5 pages. Nothing wrong with that, it's just funny to me.
    Honestly the new OMAC might get more attention if their connection to the Amazons actually makes it to the comics. As it is they has been in eight issues as plain muscle on a team with two flying bricks and has not had any focus beyond 'in a relationship with the Flash of Earth-9 who died and now OMAC is sad.'
    Once this OMAC connection to the Amazons makes it into the comics then im sure they will get somewhere around the amount of attention Grace Choi does on here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Her chakram has nothing to do with WW pulling a son. This is a battle of the boomerangs.
    But it has a lot to do with your crazy claim, that Xena can go up against Wonder Woman.

I dont need to find every single interpretation. Its a gif set lol.
    It is a gif set of 2 of the least powerful iterations of Wonder Woman ever, you basically need to use completely depowered ones to go even lower than that, which just highlights that Xena typically don't stacks up at all.

This isn't as big of a deal as some are making it. We could also throw out countless versions of WW being punched by various Amazons, Poison Ivy, Jade, it goes on. Enjoy my move.
    Your move is just being as unreasonable as possible, let me just try it too:

Despero is a threat to the Justice League:

, sharks are a threat to Despero:

, therefore this is a threat to the Justice League:

, at least according to the Primal Slayer method.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Wow, this discussions still going huh

I confess at this point im not quite sure where the debate is even going. Is it over who would win second place? its still about the moon tiara, the magic tiara, and the chakram right?
    It is about Primal Slayer's crazy claims, i even think Xena's Chakram is the coolest of the 3 weapons and have voted for it, but Xena and her weapons had never any place in a power or battle discussion with Wonder Woman and Sailor Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Just open a threat for that, i find the connection to Themyscira interessting, but so far the new OMAC seems to have no real connection to Wonder Woman or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    But it has a lot to do with your crazy claim, that Xena can go up against Wonder Woman.

It is a gif set of 2 of the least powerful iterations of Wonder Woman ever, you basically need to use completely depowered ones to go even lower than that, which just highlights that Xena typically don't stacks up at all.

Your move is just being as unreasonable as possible, let me just try it too:

Despero is a threat to the Justice League:

, sharks are a threat to Despero:

, therefore this is a threat to the Justice League:

, at least according to the Primal Slayer method.
    Yeah, Jaws can totally whip Desperos ass! what are you talking about lol.

It is far from crazy to say that Xena can fight WW, she is in a universe where she fights her fellow Amazons who are not blessed with the divine nature that she is. She has various threats who arent divine but yes, somehow Xena is where we draw the line. This was never about 1 specific version of WW so getting mad at someone for posting a gif about WW is laughable.

You want to use the most powerful version of WW when she has had many versions, where a human Cheetah was a threat to her and use examples that have nothing to do with her Tiara that is now some cosmic threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    It is about Primal Slayer's crazy claims, i even think Xena's Chakram is the coolest of the 3 weapons and have voted for it, but Xena and her weapons had never any place in a power or battle discussion with Wonder Woman and Sailor Moon.
    This isn't about me. I kept this about 3 different items until others wanted to introduce the usual fight. What someone thinks about WW/SM/Xena...that's what debate it for. Xena lives in a magical world but yes, this should be about Tiaras if want to be so definitive. the Chakram isnt a tiara.

But this is a fun thread that was of course made into something else. It's battle of the boomerangs.

The Chakram is iconic. Nuff said.

As far as a fight? WWs Tiara definitely loses first and its a battle between the Chakram and the magic tiara....Xenas 2.0 Chakram may win with a 2 for one slice and dice. Depends on Serenas mindset of the battle.
    This not your first post? You think Diana's tiara would lose first. People are telling you it wouldn't because Diana's tiara has harmed more powerful opponents then Xena's chakram and its far more durable then the chakram because it's made from different materials and that it hasn't been broken in comics, iirc. Diana herself is a lot more powerful the Xena and because of that her equipment gets better showings because she faces more powerful threats.

It is far from crazy to say that Xena can fight WW, she is in a universe where she fights her fellow Amazons who are not blessed with the divine nature that she is. She has various threats who arent divine but yes, somehow Xena is where we draw the line. This was never about 1 specific version of WW so getting mad at someone for posting a gif about WW is laughable.

You want to use the most powerful version of WW when she has had many versions, where a human Cheetah was a threat to her and use examples that have nothing to do with her Tiara that is now some cosmic threat.

This isn't about me. I kept this about 3 different items until others wanted to introduce the usual fight. What someone thinks about WW/SM/Xena...that's what debate it for. Xena lives in a magical world but yes, this should be about Tiaras if want to be so definitive. the Chakram isnt a tiara.

But this is a fun thread that was of course made into something else. It's battle of the boomerangs.
    This is why I didn't bother posting feats, it's useless with this line of thinking. We are talking about general consistent levels, not whatever version you decide its going to be.

The amazons in Xena and the amazons in DC are not the same amazons, this is what we are trying to tell you. The Gods, the magic, the amazons, it's all different from one another with different levels. You keep insisting they are all the same, they are not.

Aside from iconography, Xena's chakram has the worst stats out of the 3. We don't know what material it's made from; it's been broken and remade a couple times iirc, and Xena hasn't used it against characters as powerful as Diana, let alone Sailor Moon. Cutting through rock and wood is great, but Diana's tiara can do the same and more, Sailor's tiara is just stupid powerful via its magic. At most the chakram can kill regular monsters and some of the weakest gods in media, things Diana's tiara could easily replicate.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

It is far from crazy to say that Xena can fight WW,
    No it is not. Xena comes from a different setting to WW and does not possess anywhere near the capabilities that WW has. For example here's WW throwing the Philosopher's Stone into the Sun:

https://imgur.com/a/hxKTO

Here she deflects stingers being fired at a rate of 1500 rounds a second.

https://imgur.com/a/3AErg

And you're claiming Xena can contend with this based on... what?

she is in a universe where she fights her fellow Amazons who are not blessed with the divine nature that she is. She has various threats who arent divine but yes, somehow Xena is where we draw the line.
    Yes. That's because even the non-divine threats WW faces are several orders of magnitude higher than Xena. Going back to the divine ones though, you claimed earlier that there was no difference between the Xena-verse Olympians and the Dc ones. I have posted scans that prove otherwise.

This was never about 1 specific version of WW so getting mad at someone for posting a gif about WW is laughable.
    What's laughable is you thinking the forum rules don't apply to you. As masterwitcher88 stated, We are talking about general consistent levels, not whatever version you decide its going to be.

You want to use the most powerful version of WW when she has had many versions,
    Yes, that's how this forum works. Unless specified otherwise we default to the "standard" version of the character. In this case it's the version of WW in the current/most recent comics run. If you want to pit Xena against a "weaker" version of WW then you have to specify that.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This not your first post? You think Diana's tiara would lose first. People are telling you it wouldn't because Diana's tiara has harmed more powerful opponents then Xena's chakram and its far more durable then the chakram because it's made from different materials and that it hasn't been broken in comics, iirc. Diana herself is a lot more powerful the Xena and because of that her equipment gets better showings because she faces more powerful threats.
    Did you read my first post? What does that have to do with talking about how strong WW is? That is with keeping the subject of the TOPIC of some boomerangs. If you don't know what materials Xena's Chakram is made from then you cant even make any type of statement about how weak it is. The Chakram has been broken ONCE, when it was used against Xena to break her back and causing her lose who she was just as there were times when Dianas lasso broke in different continuities. When has there ever been anything said about Dianas tiara and how special it is or what it is made of? I'm still waiting for that. No one knows what Xena or Sailor Moons tiaras would do against Superman because they never faced Superman. It's all speculation. Xena has never tried to behead anyone with it so one cant say "WW beheaded a god with hers but Xenas cant" because she never tried to. The Chakram was powerful enough to kill gods so...if it can kill gods just as WWs can kill a god, there isnt much difference.

You came in here wanting a one and done conversation and you didnt get everyone agreeing. There's no use for a topic to be created if there's no actual discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This is why I didn't bother posting feats, it's useless with this line of thinking. We are talking about general consistent levels, not whatever version you decide its going to be.

The amazons in Xena and the amazons in DC are not the same amazons, this is what we are trying to tell you. The Gods, the magic, the amazons, it's all different from one another with different levels. You keep insisting they are all the same, they are not.

Aside from iconography, Xena's chakram has the worst stats out of the 3. We don't know what material it's made from; it's been broken and remade a couple times iirc, and Xena hasn't used it against characters as powerful as Diana, let alone Sailor Moon. Cutting through rock and wood is great, but Diana's tiara can do the same and more, Sailor's tiara is just stupid powerful via its magic. At most the chakram can kill regular monsters and some of the weakest gods in media, things Diana's tiara could easily replicate.
    Nothing about the post talked about "x version of WW". Which version are you picking because like I said, we have several main continuities of WW so which we gonna go with. The same continuity as WW/Superman/MM pulling a planet together is the same exact continuity where she gets punched by Cheshire. In her own title.

I know the Amazons in DC are not the same as in Xena. There's nothing out of this world about WW Amazons apart from them being immortal. We have an entire event that surrounds 3 tribes at possible war in current continuity. They have incredible feats just as the world of Xena does. It is a hyper realistic world where she can leap tall bounds, take hits from monsters, gods, angels, demons. And even speculation that she is a demi god herself. There's nothing weak about Xenas gods, they don't try to do these incredible feats because...its a tv show and they dont got budget...so they dont even try. If they never even tried, you cant say what they cant do when brought to a different medium.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    No it is not. Xena comes from a different setting to WW and does not possess anywhere near the capabilities that WW has. For example here's WW throwing the Philosopher's Stone into the Sun:

https://imgur.com/a/hxKTO

Here she deflects stingers being fired at a rate of 1500 rounds a second.

https://imgur.com/a/3AErg

And you're claiming Xena can contend with this based on... what?

Yes. That's because even the non-divine threats WW faces are several orders of magnitude higher than Xena. Going back to the divine ones though, you claimed earlier that there was no difference between the Xena-verse Olympians and the Dc ones. I have posted scans that prove otherwise.

What's laughable is you thinking the forum rules don't apply to you. As masterwitcher88 stated, We are talking about general consistent levels, not whatever version you decide its going to be.

Yes, that's how this forum works. Unless specified otherwise we default to the "standard" version of the character. In this case it's the version of WW in the current/most recent comics run. If you want to pit Xena against a "weaker" version of WW then you have to specify that.
    You mean the same continuity where she fights Deathstroke?

Where she fought Cheshire

But none of these are about boomerangs.

Incredible Member

Did you read my first post? What does that have to do with talking about how strong WW is? That is with keeping the subject of the TOPIC of some boomerangs. If you don't know what materials Xena's Chakram is made from then you cant even make any type of statement about how weak it is. The Chakram has been broken ONCE, when it was used against Xena to break her back and causing her lose who she was just as there were times when Dianas lasso broke in different continuities. When has there ever been anything said about Dianas tiara and how special it is or what it is made of? I'm still waiting for that. No one knows what Xena or Sailor Moons tiaras would do against Superman because they never faced Superman. It's all speculation. Xena has never tried to behead anyone with it so one cant say "WW beheaded a god with hers but Xenas cant" because she never tried to. The Chakram was powerful enough to kill gods so...if it can kill gods just as WWs can kill a god, there isnt much difference.

You came in here wanting a one and done conversation and you didnt get everyone agreeing. There's no use for a topic to be created if there's no actual discussion.
    Yes there is a difference. DC Olympians are vastly more powerful than Xena-verse ones. See below.

Nothing about the post talked about "x version of WW". Which version are you picking because like I said, we have several main continuities of WW so which we gonna go with. The same continuity as WW/Superman/MM pulling a planet together is the same exact continuity where she gets punched by Cheshire. In her own title.
    That's why forum rules dictate that we go by the primary version of the character (in this case the comics) and use characters best showings.

I know the Amazons in DC are not the same as in Xena. There's nothing out of this world about WW Amazons apart from them being immortal. We have an entire event that surrounds 3 tribes at possible war in current continuity. They have incredible feats just as the world of Xena does. It is a hyper realistic world where she can leap tall bounds, take hits from monsters, gods, angels, demons. And even speculation that she is a demi god herself. There's nothing weak about Xenas gods, they don't try to do these incredible feats because...its a tv show and they dont got budget...so they dont even try. If they never even tried, you cant say what they cant do when brought to a different medium.
    That's not how it works. We go by proven feats. You want to claim that the Xena-verse Olympians are equal to their DC counterparts then you have to prove it. Provide the feats. Give me an example of say, Xena-verse Ares growing to the size of a Promethian Giant. If they don't have the feats then we don't get to give them capabilities they've never shown.

Trying to use budget as an excuse doesn't fly. Take Highlander for example. In the anime movie "Highlander: The Search for Vengeance" Colin MacLeod is a bullet-timer. That doesn't mean we can say Connor and Duncan are too.

Yes there is a difference. DC Olympians are vastly more powerful than Xena-verse ones. See below.
    When have they tried to do something that DC Olympians have done and failed?

That's why forum rules dictate that we go by the primary version of the character (in this case the comics) and use characters best showings.
    Where do the rules state that? What they do state is
    **NEW RULE** Negativity and you. The last thing we want to do is to stifle good, spirited debate and discussion so long as it adheres to the rules. However, there is still such a thing as going too far. Repeatedly posting the same complaint over and over again, either in one thread or, worse, repeating it over multiple threads, has got to stop. I'm repeatedly seeing various threads and discussions all being dragged down the same dark road by posters popping into a bunch of different discussions and spamming their negativity. You're all here because you enjoy the character of Wonder Woman, so let's try to post in the spirit of Diana

Incredible Member

You mean the same continuity where she fights Deathstroke?

Where she fought Cheshire

You do know that forum rules specify we go by a character's best showings precisely because of inconsistent writing like that don't you?

Again, you do not get to claim "only WW's low-level showings count because I say so."

But none of these are about boomerangs.
    Doesn't matter. You dragged this whole thing off-topic and away from boomerangs when you claimed:

It is far from crazy to say that Xena can fight WW,
    You want to bring it back to boomerangs, sure, just admit that in a straight-up fight Xena has no chance against WW. Do that and we'll happily return to discussing boomerangs.

You do know that forum rules specify we go by a character's best showings precisely because of inconsistent writing like that don't you?

Again, you do not get to claim "only WW's low-level showings count because I say so."

Doesn't matter. You dragged this whole thing off-topic and away from boomerangs when you claimed:

You want to bring it back to boomerangs, sure, just admit that in a straight-up fight Xena has no chance against WW. Do that and we'll happily return to discussing boomerangs.
    Again...where are these rules?

I never said what I say is gospel but if one wants to think it then, yes go for it

And I don't need to agree to some bullying "you do as we say if you want to move on"

Here's to boomerangs

Incredible Member

When have they tried to do something that DC Olympians have done and failed?
    Again, we go by proven feats here. If you want to claim the Xena-verse Olympians are equal to the DC ones then the burden of proof falls on you. Again, show me an example of Xena-verse Ares growing to the size of a Promethian Giant. If you can't, then there is no proof he can do that. You do not get to give characters powers they haven't displayed.

Where do the rules state that?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ules-and-FAQs)

Specifically this bit here:

"PIS
    Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman. PIS is always off on the Rumbles board, this is not modifiable by the opening poster."

The likes of Cheshire and Deathstroke being fast enough to tag WW and powerful enough to knock her around is absolutely PIS.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 03-08-2022 at 07:41 PM.