Amazing Member

Default The wastelands universe

Hello everyone,

Ive just gone back over the old man Logan series, and I've realised that I absolutely love the wasteland universe.
    It was actually this series which mad me a huge fan of Hawkeye!

Anyway, I know of 3 more series that take part in this universe...Oldman Hawkeye, Oldman Quill and Avengers of the wastelands.
    But are there any others??

EA2E80C0-5331-4AD9-B227-567CFC545A00_1_201_a.jpg

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I think there's a Wastelands: Black Widow now, which might be centering on Yelena Belova or someone else who succeeded Natasha Romanoff as the Black Widow, since Old Man Hawkeye revealed that Natasha had been killed during the villainous uprising that led to the Wastelands. I'd also recommend Dead Man Logan, which was the 12-issue finale for Old Man Logan that led into Avengers of the Wastelands, with Old Man Hawkeye being a prequel set five years before the original Old Man Logan storyline by Mark Millar, explaining how Clint Barton went blind.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There was recently a Wasterlanders: Doom #1 published in January 2022. https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...rs_doom_2022_1
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

* Old Man Logan: the original series, a self-contained story.
    * Old Man Logan (Secret Wars tie-in): it only starts in the Wastelands, then Logan discovers that the Wastelands are actually just a domain of Dr. Doom's Battleworld. After some confusing jumpings from domain to domain (worse if you're not familiar with Secret Wars' main setting, or the storylines referenced in those other places), he ends up in the 616 universe
    * Old Man Logan (ongoing): Logan is now in the 616 universe. Not the Wastelands per se, but there are frequent flashbacks and references.
    * Old Man Hawkeye: Prequel to Old Man Logan, shows Hawkeye's last adventure before going blind.
    * Old Man Quill: The villain uprising did not reach space, but they had their own crises too.
    * Dead Man Logan: Logan is dying, but wants to return to the Wastelands and rest next to his wife and kids.
    * Avengers of the Wastelands: Some heroes reunite and stand against the ruler of the Wastelands, Dr. Doom.
    * Wastelanders: Anthology comic. Each issue is focused on a new adventure with a specific character: Logan, Hawkeye, Starlord, Doom, Black Widow.

And now that we are at it, check also my own Wastelands fanfic: The Big Fat Kill

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

D7B37D5C-7325-4580-93B0-E154FD770CCE.jpg

I loved Avengers of the Wastelands! I hope Ed Brisson gets to write more of it in the future!