The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Pre-COIE Earth-One Wonder Woman, Post-COIE Wonder Woman, and New 52 Wonder Woman - same entity?

This topic follows the same line of argument as its sibling thread on the Superman Forum.

Pre-COIE, the Earth-One Wonder Woman and the Earth-Two Wonder Woman were two separate and distinct entities. During the final battle of the Crisis On Infinite Earths, the Anti-Monitor used his energy to apparently "destroy" the Earth-One Wonder Woman, sending her remains back in time to Paradise Island.

...but what happened to the Earth-One Wonder Woman's remains thereafter? Were they deleted from existence, or did they become the raw material from which the Post-COIE Wonder Woman (e.g. the George Perez version) was created? Furthermore, was the Perez Wonder Woman the same entity transformed by the Flashpoint event into the current New 52 Wonder Woman?

Are we looking at three separate entities, or a single entity transformed three times over by alterations to the timeline?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

I see it as pretty much the same universe that's been reality warped repeatedly.

Wonder Woman, Superman, everyone and everything gets affected to varying degrees.

BANNED

I see them as separate entities with certain similarities. That includes Odyssey WW, Flashpoint WW, Kingdom Come WW, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I see them as separate entities with certain similarities. That includes Odyssey WW, Flashpoint WW, Kingdom Come WW, etc.
    I say that because there are differences in their personalities, powers and motivations and Earth 2 WW and Pre-COIE WW were clearly separate people. Also Post Crisis WW and New 52 WW have different origins, mothers and islands as well, so they can't be the same entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This topic follows the same line of argument as its sibling thread on the Superman Forum.

Pre-COIE, the Earth-One Wonder Woman and the Earth-Two Wonder Woman were two separate and distinct entities. During the final battle of the Crisis On Infinite Earths, the Anti-Monitor used his energy to apparently "destroy" the Earth-One Wonder Woman, sending her remains back in time to Paradise Island.

...but what happened to the Earth-One Wonder Woman's remains thereafter? Were they deleted from existence, or did they become the raw material from which the Post-COIE Wonder Woman (e.g. the George Perez version) was created? Furthermore, was the Perez Wonder Woman the same entity transformed by the Flashpoint event into the current New 52 Wonder Woman?

Are we looking at three separate entities, or a single entity transformed three times over by alterations to the timeline?

I see where yer going there...

The Earth One Diana "devolved, turned back into the clay on Paradise Island"...... when the ANti-Monitor fired at her, his power was already waning. Instead of killing her, tme sort of reversed..We saw her go from woman to child to baby, etc.... This was after New Eaarth was created (if memory serves) so technically the clay Post Crisis Diana was born from would be the "same" as Earth One has devolved into (well, at least the same island)

That being said-- DIfferent Diana. SLightly different origin tale-- with the whole "sould of previous women" and reincarnation thing-- on Earth One she was never tied to Hippolyta as far as a soul goies..... Post Crisis she is the unborn soul of (pre) Hipployte's child. So even if the raw materials (clay from Paradise) are the same, the soul is more than likely different-- hence a different Diana.

Now, with regards to the Nu52...I'd have to say that it seems as though she'd be the same Diana, yet her history has been screwed with via Flashpoint....but since she now has a (wretch) biological father, she'd really be an entirely different Diana as well.....

M

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

I believe Perez intended the Post-Crisis origin to be a tribute to Pre-Crisis with the use of her clay remains ... I feel like I read this somewhere along the road, but can't remember specifics so maybe I'm nuts ... But I don't think they are the same individual. N52 Diana could actually be the same individual as Post-COIE Diana with an altered timeline, the clay origin was how she grew up believing she was born so it's not out of the question.

I'd say they are different...as different as Pre-Crisis E1 and E2 Diana's. I think it's likely that Post-Crisis Earth with Perez/Jimenez/Simone Diana still exists as a parallel to Azz/Soule Diana of the New52. I think it's likely that we'll find this out in April, during the next Crisis.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.