Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man relaunch trailer

New trailer, not much more new info.

wonder how long it will take for us to learn how Peter cause that huge explosion in the beginning
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

It does its job of getting the audience excited for the book. The Marvel comics trailers are well made. The Beyond one was decent as well I recall. I wonder who makes them; whoever it is, I hope they’re getting paid well.

Besides that, I’m just going to repeat what I said in the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    So I guess the scary question this trailer brought up is… is the event referred to (‘what has Spider-Man done?’) something Ben will do at the end of Beyond, or something Peter will do in Wells’ new #1? This reminds me of when we were trying to work out if Peter would be put in a coma at the end of Spencer’s run or the beginning of Beyond.

I kind of wonder who all the crime bosses are:

- Negative (obv)

- Madame Masque (also obv)

- Hammerhead at the very end

- Black Mariah?

- Some bearded guy and another black man.

BANNED

So far we've seen nothing from the interiors of ASM#2 other than an animated version of the cover for this trailer, so Marvel are still keeping the contents of the apparent Peter/MJ 'break up' issue under wraps. That continues to lends itself to potential 'bait and switch' speculation.

Randy seems concerned for Peter, and it's Peter that's shutting him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    So far we've seen nothing from the interiors of ASM#2 other than an animated version of the cover for this trailer, so Marvel are still keeping the contents of the apparent Peter/MJ 'break up' issue under wraps. That continues to lends itself to potential 'bait and switch' speculation.

Randy seems concerned for Peter, and it's Peter that's shutting him out.
    Are they still roommates or...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are they still roommates or...
    of course peter cant pay rent all by himself
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    of course peter cant pay rent all by himself
    Yeah, he was only the MU’s Elon Musk for a couple years. Oy, it’s so silly seeing him broke again after the PI era.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, he was only the MU’s Elon Musk for a couple years. Oy, it’s so silly seeing him broke again after the PI era.
    So silly seeing him broke period

Even then you're telling me MJ or one of his other friends whether as Peter like Max or as Spidey in the FF don't help out?

BANNED

The PI era wasn't where Peter ought to have been at all, sorry. His 'genius level intellect' thing is vastly overstated and needed reining in.

Astonishing Member

The PI era wasn't where Peter ought to have been at all, sorry. His 'genius level intellect' thing is vastly overstated and needed reining in.
    I agree. It was a really dumb era. But it’s in continuity and just having him back to dirt broke after is almost as dumb.

Extraordinary Member

In regards to the latter, how?

He has statements and more importantly consistent feats that put him on that level.Just because many writers can't make a compelling story w/ nerfing him doesn't mean he should be permanently nerfed, because Tony/Reed/Strange etc. have the exact same problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    In regards to the latter, how?

He has statements and more importantly consistent feats that put him on that level.Just because many writers can't make a compelling story w/ nerfing him doesn't mean he should be permanently nerfed
    I'm not in the business of reading Peter for his 'feats' and statements. I read Peter because he tries to have an ordinary life in between his extraordinary responsibilities. He doesn't 'fit' a rich lifestyle. It works somewhat for Mary Jane, but not him.

The Renew Your Vows Peter for example isn't all that well off and neither is Mary Jane, but they both make a perfectly everyday working life function

I agree. It was a really dumb era. But it’s in continuity
    Peter being routinely shown to be out of his league running PI is also in continuity. I had no problem accepting his fall from grace and being unable to climb back out of his hole, because the important thing was he had MJ and that was enough for me, it'd be enough for anyone.

He should publish more 'Webs'.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-06-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not in the business of reading Peter for his 'feats' and statements. I read Peter because he tries to have an ordinary life in between his extraordinary responsibilities. He doesn't 'fit' a rich lifestyle. It works somewhat for Mary Jane, but not him.

The Renew Your Vows Peter for example isn't all that well off and neither is Mary Jane, but they both a perfectly everyday working life function
    I agree he shouldn't be rich, but making him dumber isn't needed for that.He failed PI because he isn't a businessman, and cares way to much to hold one in 616.

I agree about RYW, although Peter being a teacher is a peak for his carrer IMO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I agree about RYW, although Peter being a teacher is a peak for his carrer IMO
    Peter as a teacher is absolutely what he ought to keep doing, it's his natural home.