Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Destiny should be Rogue’s biological mother, Mystique biological father

We know both ladies have had children by dudes of course, but since Irene sees the future well maybe she saw what a good hero Rogue would be in the future and told Mystique to turn into a man to get her pregnant. This would make Nightcrawler and Rogue siblings by blood. And it would be what Claremont intended for Nightcrawler, but it’s since been established Raven is his mom and Azazel the dad. Plus I don’t think Irene and Raven what let a stranger raise a child together, so this story doesn’t fit Kurt. But it does Anna.

So, Rogue ran away from home right back to her parents that never let her know who they were? That just makes everything about their relationship even more screwed up.

I don't see how this changes anything in any positive ways.

Spectacular Member

You misspelt Nightcrawler.

I would love to see the retcon that reveals that Mystique is indeed Nightcrawler's "father" and Destiny his biological mother. Maybe Azazel could have been the sperm donor because Mystique cannot create semen.

Why not. Let's go for it.

Also, we need EXPLICIT trans* representation in the comicbooks ASAP! I think it is absolutely shameful that LGBTQI+ is only stuck at L-G. Mystique should at least be more explicitly gender-queer/non-binary. Claremont showed us in the past already that Mystique used a male-presenting body when she dated Destiny in the past.

Maybe Rachel could come out as trans*?
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-06-2022 at 03:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    So, Rogue ran away from home right back to her parents that never let her know who they were? That just makes everything about their relationship even more screwed up.

I don't see how this changes anything in any positive ways.
    The story of Rogue running away was just a cover because at the time people couldn’t handle the truth of her parentage, she and her parents feared.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I would love to see the retcon that reveals that Mystique is indeed Nightcrawler's "father" and Destiny his biological mother. Maybe Azazel could have been the sperm donor because Mystique cannot create semen.

Why not. Let's go for it.

Also, we need EXPLICIT trans* representation in the comicbooks ASAP! I think it is absolutely shameful that LGBTQI+ is only stuck at L-G. Mystique should at least be more explicitly gender-queer/non-binary. Claremont showed us in the past already that Mystique used a male-presenting body when she dated Destiny in the past.

Maybe Rachel could come out as trans*?
    Keep Azazel out, and I'm in.

I feel like being a runaway and finding found family are better for Rogue. To me, that foster kid stuff is part of her identity and appeal. Surrounding her with blood relatives takes away from that. Moreover, it just makes things more convoluted.

However, this could dovetail nicely into Hellion's story. His parents didn't like him even before he was a mutant. And he's a mutant, when no one else in his family is; that could be because they have no mutant genes, and he got some from his biological parents. Maybe he was secretly adopted at the request of the Kingmaker?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

What would be the point of this?

As JJS said, it works better for Kurt than for Rogue. You can draw a lot of strong parallels between Irene and Kurt.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Has the time between Rogue putting Cody in a coma (his name was Cody wasn't it?) and her debut with the Brotherhood in Avengers Annual 10 been shown? I dont remember anything, but that might make for a good Legends story.

Maybe Raven and Irene could have a new kid and actually try to raise it right.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    As JJS said, it works better for Kurt than for Rogue. You can draw a lot of strong parallels between Irene and Kurt.
    I don’t think Destiny would let a stranger raise her child and Nightcrawler’s very powers are linked to his father Azazel. That ship on so many fronts has sailed the boat. Mystique is Nightcrawler’s mom, Azazel the father.

This story could still be adapted to Righe because with essentially no real past pre Mystique and Destiny, it’s easy for someone to say she is their biological daughter. They could have lied to her to tell her she was adopted. Who knows, maybe Sinister crested Rogue by combing an egg from Mystique and an egg from Destiny.

By the way, aside from Nightcrawler Mystique gave birth to Graydom Creed, Raze, and baby Xavier. She’s firmly established as biologically female.

They can blend eggs from two different women in real life.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/dr-john-zhang

Maybe her biological granddaughter?

Destiny had kids and grandchildren. Where are they???
    Last edited by danielsan52; 03-06-2022 at 08:51 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Maybe her biological granddaughter?

Destiny had kids and grandchildren. Where are they???
    That works too.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think Destiny would let a stranger raise her child and Nightcrawler’s very powers are linked to his father Azazel. That ship on so many fronts has sailed the boat. Mystique is Nightcrawler’s mom, Azazel the father.
    That plotline is just a retcon away from being revealed as Raven and Azazel just BS-ing due to some Faustian bargain made by Mystique. Also, considering Kurt's appearance, Irene is likely to give him away so that he doesn't compromise Raven and her.