Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No because Rogue's runaway origin story works. Also it would conflict with Claremont's earlier stories where he pretty much hinted Mystique was only using Rogue for the Brotherhood.
    People use their biological children all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    Not really, I think Rogue’s story is perfect as it is, and she works very well as a runaway girl. I see that she is different culturally from Irene and Raven (I am a foreigner so maybe I am wrong but that’s the impression I’ve got by reading their stories), so I also don’t think making her “runaway story” a cover up makes much sense. Retconning her origins it’s unnecessary and it can become a “Wanda and Pietro” situation where they have like five origins.

Also I personally don’t like when they retcon a character to a “prophetic origin” so making Rogue the product of a Destiny’s prophecy that needed to be fulfilled seems boring.
    Except we obviously know there were prophecies, or else Raven and Irene would not have raised Rogue. Would they adopt a powerless human runaway? Absolutely not.

The prophecy is there because Destiny can see things years or even decades ahead. The only question is whether she truly is a prophesied runaway or whether she is biologically there’s somehow, also due w prophecy.

Moira and Xavier had sex with humans in order to deliberately create omega mutants. So there are already two prophesied mutants, courtesy of Moira’s many lives. And engineered mutants.

Rogue having such a strong accent and identification with Mississippi is hard to explain if she spent her whole childhood with two Austrians.

Now if Destiny had a vision and told Mystique to impregnate Rogue’s mother for s child that would be useful for them, that might be interesting.
    This is a good compromise retcon. Rogue could have spent her early years with some God-fearing Dolly Parton-alike and then been snatched up by her rightful parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Okay, but can we tie Romulus and Cassandra Nova into this too? If we're getting rid Nightcrawler but evil and more edgy then we might as well get rid of Evil Edgy Wolverine and Evil Edgy Xavier as well.
    Yeah, just throw them all together.

And then make it a rule that no more long lost family/clones/ambiguous relationships for next 50 years.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We know both ladies have had children by dudes of course, but since Irene sees the future well maybe she saw what a good hero Rogue would be in the future and told Mystique to turn into a man to get her pregnant. This would make Nightcrawler and Rogue siblings by blood. And it would be what Claremont intended for Nightcrawler, but it’s since been established Raven is his mom and Azazel the dad. Plus I don’t think Irene and Raven what let a stranger raise a child together, so this story doesn’t fit Kurt. But it does Anna.

Mystique can shapeshift, But not gender genetically WTF.... lol

I can buy that Irene is the biological mother of Rogue (although I personally think she was too old to be fertile) even Mystique that I can think of several ways that mystique could always be her biological mother.
    I mean, she's a shapeshifter.

But even more the theory that Selene is biologically related to Rogue.

Another thing many of the mysteries of Rogue's origin could come to light once Rogue's father shows up.

lol i posted this is wrong place my bad.

I agree they should be her biological parents.

Mystique could have used irene egg, inseminated it, and then carried it herself.
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-07-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The idea of ​​a baby created by Sinister continues to work in my head for Remy,,, noooooo for me girl, Rogue has a real and natural biological past, although still unknown and to be exploited, but Owen exists, and he is a mysterious man and a canvas blank, and I would love the theory of blood bond with Selene to be real, I say although Rogue's powers are greater and Rogue does many more things, they share one of her specific powers, which is the taking of vital energy.
    and there are not so many characters that do that, they are very, very few.

Now why give mystique Irene and Rogue a blood bond???
    it is necessary ?
    I don't think so, it would subtract more than add it, Irene and Mystique, no matter how crazy she is ( Raven)they love Rogue unconditionally and would do anything for her, the love for Rogue is real and she is the daughter they decided to raise together and love as their own , you don't need a biological link.

Without going too far Mystique doesn't give a shit about her biological children of hers in canon XD, the only people Mystique loves are Rogue and Irene.
    and the way things are with the three of them, it's perfect.

Your right in the sense that it doesn't really add anything but it doesn't take anything away either. It's all in how it's portrayed and what comes of it or doesn't. The idea of it that is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The biggest hurdle to this is you'd have to retcon that 2004 Rogue solo by Rodi with her hippie commune family which ... while personally I did not care for, I'm sure someone did. The whole thing felt like some weird fever dream and very overly complicated with the whole Farbanks situation. I'm sure some fans must have liked though. Not that the whole thing can't be hand-waved down to implanted memories or some overly elaborate plot done for *reasons*, but Rogue even has a living Aunt with her same white streak and supposedly a biological father still out there.

Still ... I DO find it extremely conspicuous that we still don't know Rogue's biological surname and that her deadbeat Dad has never re-emerged.

I did have a fan theory for a thing I did that Mystique could be Rogue's father, since he's been unaccounted for this whole time after supposedly running out on his family. Or perhaps Mystique had a chance ... or not so chance? ... encounter with Rogue's biological Mom on Destiny's instructions to help bring about the child they wanted and her bio Dad always suspected Rogue wasn't his kid.

I dunno, it would be interesting to connect her to one of them, but I'm not so sure about both.

Much as I hate that solo, I prefer to smooth out, re-contextualize and respectfully retcon bad continuity rather than totally trash it.
    1) It was not a dream, Aunt Carrie exists, at least she exists until they do a retcon since it was seen in xmen legacy (written by Mike Carey) that she was.in Rogue's experiences when Xavier along with danger were helping beg to get control.
    Aunt Carrie and hippie mom may not even be her biological family , there is the changing of children in hospitals and a shapeshifter could make it even easier , but Carrie and her hippie sister are real and they exist since they are in the hospitals . Rogue memories.

2) Aunt Carrie does not have a lock of white hair, that was rogue reflecting herself in the emotions and experiences in Carrie's youth, but when we saw her how Carrie was, she has hair of a single color without stripes, but she does not it had no white streak, that was Rogue taking her experiences.

That being said, Rogue could have been a swapped baby at the time of her birth, that being said, mystique could be the mother, and Owen the father and one of Selene's children, or Selene herself be Rogue's mother and left her to mystique. for some reason???.

I mean, I would find it very hard to believe that mystique, a simple shapeshifter, spawns mutants as powerful and with such unlimited potential as Rogue's, so Rogue must have inherited her potential, possibly from her father's side (Owen).

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Your right in the sense that it doesn't really add anything but it doesn't take anything away either. It's all in how it's portrayed and what comes of it or doesn't. The idea of it that is.
    Well, yes agreed With you, but personally I liked that version better that Rogue is the daughter that they decided to love and raise together as wives.

I mean at least we know that for mystique the biological bond means nothing, since she literally decided to throw away her biological children, and the only two people she really loves are Rogue and Irene.

And I think at least that should not change.

I'd really just prefer to see this family tie (including Nightcrawler) explored further. Adopted family is real family, and exploring it in depth would mean a lot more than just retconning them to be biological family.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I'd really just prefer to see this family tie (including Nightcrawler) explored further. Adopted family is real family, and exploring it in depth would mean a lot more than just retconning them to be biological family.
    I agree with this 100 percent. In fact, there's something in the retcon that I think would inadvertently imply that adopted or chosen family is somehow less valid than biological family. A lot of us, for one reason or another, have to find our own family, and that family IS our family. It's nice to have character like Rogue who has showcased that particular idea for all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post

Unfortunately, Kurt doesn't exist for that family dynamic, the family was always Mystique Irene and Rogue.
    Mystique and Rogue over the decades, and Irene and Rogue via fback or residual memories in Rogue's mind.

Kurt hasn't cared and never has, not even his real mother.
    LOL.
    so it would be weird to force a family dynamic now, kurt's only bond is with Rogue, and it's no different than the bond he has with any of the other xmen.

Instead we know how obsessed and sick Raven's maternal love is for Rogue, I say all messia complex Raven's motivation is to save her daughter's life no matter the cost, and at Rogue's wedding (I loved the reconciliation of mother and daughter) Mystique didn't even turn around to say hello to Kurt, even though Kurt spoke up and said I'm blue lol.
    poor Kurt no wonder he's so obsessed with religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Unfortunately, Kurt doesn't exist for that family dynamic, the family was always Mystique Irene and Rogue.
    Mystique and Rogue over the decades, and Irene and Rogue via fback or residual memories in Rogue's mind.

Kurt hasn't cared and never has, not even his real mother.
    LOL.
    so it would be weird to force a family dynamic now, kurt's only bond is with Rogue, and it's no different than the bond he has with any of the other xmen.

Instead we know how obsessed and sick Raven's maternal love is for Rogue, I say all messia complex Raven's motivation is to save her daughter's life no matter the cost, and at Rogue's wedding (I loved the reconciliation of mother and daughter) Mystique didn't even turn around to say hello to Kurt, even though Kurt spoke up and said I'm blue lol.
    poor Kurt no wonder he's so obsessed with religion.
    Im second this.

Rogue is Raven baby. Kurt is his "Pietro"
    If someone can make that meme of "i care of all my children" will be golden.

But! Ill like Rogue and Kurt to be related and build they brothership

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Im second this.

Rogue is Raven baby. Kurt is his "Pietro"
    If someone can make that meme of "i care of all my children" will be golden.

But! Ill like Rogue and Kurt to be related and build they brothership
    Agreed With you lol.