Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Unfortunately, Kurt doesn't exist for that family dynamic, the family was always Mystique Irene and Rogue.
    Mystique and Rogue over the decades, and Irene and Rogue via fback or residual memories in Rogue's mind.

Kurt hasn't cared and never has, not even his real mother.
    LOL.
    so it would be weird to force a family dynamic now, kurt's only bond is with Rogue, and it's no different than the bond he has with any of the other xmen.

Instead we know how obsessed and sick Raven's maternal love is for Rogue, I say all messia complex Raven's motivation is to save her daughter's life no matter the cost, and at Rogue's wedding (I loved the reconciliation of mother and daughter) Mystique didn't even turn around to say hello to Kurt, even though Kurt spoke up and said I'm blue lol.
    poor Kurt no wonder he's so obsessed with religion.
    Kurt cared enough about Mystique's happiness to vote to put Destiny on the council. Being in a peaceful environment seems to have allowed healing between the two.

Am I the only one who hears 'We Don't Talk About Bruno' every time Destiny is on panel?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol i posted this is wrong place my bad.

I agree they should be her biological parents.

Mystique could have used irene egg, inseminated it, and then carried it herself.
    There are all sorts possibilities regarding this. And yes, Mystiwue could have done what you
    said.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Kurt cared enough about Mystique's happiness to vote to put Destiny on the council. Being in a peaceful environment seems to have allowed healing between the two.
    Exactly to Kurt not Mystique, to Raven we all know her boy/elf doesn't give a damn about half a cent lol, for Raven her only child is Rogue, so Destiny should care even less, so putting him in a family dynamic that never existed would be very forced.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 03-09-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Exactly to Kurt not Mystique, to Raven we all know her boy/elf doesn't give a damn about half a cent lol, for Raven her only child is Rogue, so Destiny should care even less, so putting him in a family dynamic that never existed would be very forced.
    We’ve seen a couple of times that Mysitque has some small shred of affection for Kurt deep deep down but I agree that she’s never going to be an actual mother to him and it would be a forced dynamic to have him a part of it.
    I wouldn’t really want to see Rogue in that dynamic either. Sure she has a better chance of reconciling with Mystique and Destiny but Rogue is always the one that gets screwed over when things inevitably fall apart. As much as Mystique and Destiny may love Rogue, I think they love their own ambitions more.

Yeah, I'd go with ret-conning Azazal* out and have it be Kurt who is Mystique and Irine's son. Not because of the blue fur thing, but because it'd be genuinely bizarre if Rogue were actually their daughter and they raised her as a foster daughter - Even for comic books.

*Guessing the reason no-one's done this yet is because no-one wants to even mention that shit-show, which they'd have to do to explain it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah, I'd go with ret-conning Azazal* out and have it be Kurt who is Mystique and Irine's son. Not because of the blue fur thing, but because it'd be genuinely bizarre if Rogue were actually their daughter and they raised her as a foster daughter - Even for comic books.

*Guessing the reason no-one's done this yet is because no-one wants to even mention that shit-show, which they'd have to do to explain it.
    Mystique and Irene don’t seem to be the types to take in children not related to them. Telling Rogue’s adopted allows them to manipulate them.

Plus males see genetic XY, and females XX. Biologically, s make cannot have two female parents. Though if done in a laboratory a female could.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I would love to see the retcon that reveals that Mystique is indeed Nightcrawler's "father" and Destiny his biological mother. Maybe Azazel could have been the sperm donor because Mystique cannot create semen.

Why not. Let's go for it.

Also, we need EXPLICIT trans* representation in the comicbooks ASAP! I think it is absolutely shameful that LGBTQI+ is only stuck at L-G. Mystique should at least be more explicitly gender-queer/non-binary. Claremont showed us in the past already that Mystique used a male-presenting body when she dated Destiny in the past.

Maybe Rachel could come out as trans*?
    I am LGBTQ+ and there are characters that represent BTQ+, they already are a lesbian couple. This would only do harm to all the characters. I have a feeling that this was a trolling post tbh. Because your scenrio would totally take away Rouge's experience of running away from her family. Theres natural representation and then there is fitting the square peg in a round hole. DONT FORCE IT. When LGBTQ+ represnation is FORCED it actually harms the LGBTQ+ community rather then be a good thing. I should know I am a big leader in my community being a drag queen. I have always been of the mind drag queens are leaders in the community and I have made myself a leader in my community thusly. I have seen it both many times in real life and comics and other media. DONT FORCE LGBTQ+ REPRESENTATION IT MAKES IT CHEAP AND PHONY WHEN FORCED.

Incredible Member

Part of who Rouge is is her tragic past with her birth parents. It has shaped her psychologically for a long time. To say that it was a coverup just erases any of the time when she had been faced with her past. And more then one of Rouges stories had a link to that past. Please just stop forcing things. And this comes from someone who knows the subject of representation of LGBTQ+ backwards and forwards and backwards and fowards again, forcing representation does nothing but harm for characters, espically as mystique and destiny are lesbians. You want to erase a lesbian couple only to replace it with a forced transgender storyline that cheapens all the characters storylines.

Incredible Member

I don’t think Destiny would let a stranger raise her child and Nightcrawler’s very powers are linked to his father Azazel. That ship on so many fronts has sailed the boat. Mystique is Nightcrawler’s mom, Azazel the father.

This story could still be adapted to Righe because with essentially no real past pre Mystique and Destiny, it’s easy for someone to say she is their biological daughter. They could have lied to her to tell her she was adopted. Who knows, maybe Sinister crested Rogue by combing an egg from Mystique and an egg from Destiny.

By the way, aside from Nightcrawler Mystique gave birth to Graydom Creed, Raze, and baby Xavier. She’s firmly established as biologically female.

They can blend eggs from two different women in real life.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/dr-john-zhang
    There is a ton of past that Rouge has pre Mystique/Destiny, for example her home life and relationship with father. Also the kiss with Cody was pre mystique/destiny. She has a past beyond that if you look. Also she didnt run away til she was a teenager and kissed Cody. So are you saying everything before running away was not true and part of the lie? That greatly hurts rouge as a character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I am LGBTQ+ and there are characters that represent BTQ+, they already are a lesbian couple. This would only do harm to all the characters. I have a feeling that this was a trolling post tbh. Because your scenrio would totally take away Rouge's experience of running away from her family. Theres natural representation and then there is fitting the square peg in a round hole. DONT FORCE IT. When LGBTQ+ represnation is FORCED it actually harms the LGBTQ+ community rather then be a good thing. I should know I am a big leader in my community being a drag queen. I have always been of the mind drag queens are leaders in the community and I have made myself a leader in my community thusly. I have seen it both many times in real life and comics and other media. DONT FORCE LGBTQ+ REPRESENTATION IT MAKES IT CHEAP AND PHONY WHEN FORCED.
    It was not a trolling post. I would love it if Rogue were revealed to be biologically related to Mystique and Destiny. Nothing about her past was ever confirmed, and if Destiny in her diaries was able to see 100 years into the future, she could see where she and Mystique would need Rogue and come up with a way for them to have Rogue together.

I am LGBTQ as well. One thing some fans could get better at is understanding everyone has the right to their own preferences, and just because someone has different ideas from you is no reason to accuse them of trolling.

I don't believe there is such a thing as forced representation and the writers and ultimately the company can do whatever they want. If I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. If I like it, I will buy it.

Basically, fiction is always going to be influenced by politics and current events, and now that representation has become a huge issue throughout all of society, of course it would hit comic books too.

Incredible Member

Mystique and Irene don’t seem to be the types to take in children not related to them. Telling Rogue’s adopted allows them to manipulate them.

Plus males see genetic XY, and females XX. Biologically, s make cannot have two female parents. Though if done in a laboratory a female could.
    While rare, Mystique has shown motherly instincts over the years to other characters. Mostly in her way gone past. And Destiny we dont really know enough about the character since it has been years that she has been dead, to tell if she would be a foster parent.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    There is a ton of past that Rouge has pre Mystique/Destiny, for example her home life and relationship with father. Also the kiss with Cody was pre mystique/destiny. She has a past beyond that if you look. Also she didnt run away til she was a teenager and kissed Cody. So are you saying everything before running away was not true and part of the lie? That greatly hurts rouge as a character.
    Different writers have told Rogue's origins differently, but it's generally accepted that Rogue lived with Mystique and Destiny before her powers manifested.

Incredible Member

It was not a trolling post. I would love it if Rogue were revealed to be biologically related to Mystique and Destiny. Nothing about her past was ever confirmed, and if Destiny in her diaries was able to see 100 years into the future, she could see where she and Mystique would need Rogue and come up with a way for them to have Rogue together.

I am LGBTQ as well. One thing some fans could get better at is understanding everyone has the right to their own preferences, and just because someone has different ideas from you is no reason to accuse them of trolling.

I don't believe there is such a thing as forced representation and the writers and ultimately the company can do whatever they want. If I don't like it, I don't have to buy it. If I like it, I will buy it.

Basically, fiction is always going to be influenced by politics and current events, and now that representation has become a huge issue throughout all of society, of course it would hit comic books too.
    I am a leader in the LGBTQ+ community and have been for over 20 years. There is very much a thing as forced representation, I have seen it multiple times. You might look at your lgbtq+ history better, it happens in real life and in comics. And if you dont believe that then your naive and really dont understand anything about the LGBTQ+ history or struggles we currently face in everyday life then your ignorant and have willful ignorance so you can make square pegs fit in round holes. I would suggest you study your history past prestonewall and really take an in depth college class about lgbtq+ history. It will teach you a lot of truths that you have blinders up on.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Different writers have told Rogue's origins differently, but it's generally accepted that Rogue lived with Mystique and Destiny before her powers manifested.
    No. Complete opposite. Do you know nothing of Rouge's character???????? Pretty much one of the consistencies in her story is that her powers first manifested when she kissed Cody, and that is what made her run away finally. THEN she came under Mystique's and Destiny's care. That is pretty much one of the few accepted facts of her past, as well as something consistent in most realities were Rouge existed. If your going to demand LGBTQ+ representation and using Rouge as one of your points, maybe know the characters history BEFORE arguing. Also it couldnt all be made up because there are other characters that interacted and confirmed the Mystique/Destiny fosteriNg.... characters like, Mystiques brotherhood, Cody, and many more, Even Priscilla, Rouges biological mom met Rouge later in life and confirmed Rouge as her child. Are you saying that everyone else in Rouges life including Pricsilla is part of a conspiracy?