Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default If Disney Did a Galactic Starcruiser Immersive Experience Hotel for X-Men...

... just curious what sorts of things people would like to see if Disney was crazy enough to create a full on replica of the X-Mansion in terms of characters, plotlines to follow and experiences (plus how they would approach more general stuff like dining and outdoor events)?

Alongside the SHIELD Hellicarrier (which I might create another thread for) I feel like this is the best option for a Marvel experience in the same vein, with the added advantage that it could be more an actual hotel since it's not confined to a sealed up experience. The story as I would think of it would be along the lines of guests being invited to the Mansion as prospective mutants thanks to new technology created by Forge and Beast to assist Charles Xavier greatly helping with identifying new mutants even before their powers have fully developed. So guests are invited to stay at the Mansion for a trial period (three days and two nights) and see if they click with certain groups or not, with some guests eventually identified over the stay as powerful possible candidates. (The story assumes at present that human-mutant relations are pretty good, though with an aggressive minority.)

The mansion would be somewhat based on plans shown previously in the comics but expanded over the years to allow for much more students - these renovations are recent and so this is a means of explaining why younger mutants are not on site at present (they've been moved to another more secure facility or something like that for their protection). The hotel aspect would be mainly within the upper levels (minus maybe some explorable rooms for established members or Ororo's Attic Garden for a relaxing environment) whilst the underground areas will be where the more radical stuff lies such as the Briefing Room and Danger Rooms (yes there are multiples of these now). Cast Members would be regular mutants and human allies whilst actors would play the more notable characters. Character Stories are focused on teams including the Blue Team, Gold Team, New Mutants and X-Force, which guests can opt to pick and experiences from based on their preferences - they'll be be set pieces everyone will see but like Galactic Starcruiser you can't do everything.

Whilst the Danger Room experiences (guests will likely to be able to do two of these during their trip, similar to the Bridge in Galactic Starcruiser) do feature a range of villains and characters across the X-Men line, the big bads of the Experience will be Magneto and his Brotherhood (who certain visitors can end up siding with, similar to the First Order aligned missions in Galactic Starcruiser) and the Sentinels, which is the big exciting aspect of the trip by having a take on a full sized Sentinel in the final battle (Bastion and human sized Sentinels alongside Trask or Gyrich or the Friends of Humanity from TAS will be the main threat or something) forcing the X-Men and Brotherhood to work together.

What do you think, fun concept or would you like something different?

They should blow up the hotel every other week.

You can say that the school was abandoned since all the mutants went to Krakoa. But why not incorporate the characters? In random rooms, you can walk in on actors will re-enact iconic moments from the books. So people can catch Cyclops hooking up with Emma, spot Kid Omega doing drugs and trying to start a riot, bask in Hellion's glory as he congratulates Elixir for cheating on his girlfriend with a teacher, and enjoy Magneto walking up to you and calling you offensive, anti-human slurs in-between his rants about the Holocaust. If you go up to Storm's garden after 9pm, you can catch her walking around nude and challenge her to a knife fight.
    Last edited by Rift; 03-06-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Dining room would be called "The Gala"

Also I think blowing up the hotel every other week might be too expensive. Probably once a month should be sufficient.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post

You can say that the school was abandoned since all the mutants went to Krakoa. But why not incorporate the characters? In random rooms, you can walk in on actors will re-enact iconic moments from the books. So people can catch Cyclops hooking up with Emma, spot Kid Omega doing drugs and trying to start a riot, bask in Hellion's glory as he congratulates Elixir for cheating on his girlfriend with a teacher, and enjoy Magneto walking up to you and calling you offensive, anti-human slurs in-between his rants about the Holocaust. If you go up to Storm's garden after 9pm, you can catch her walking around nude and challenge her to a knife fight.
    Ok. This is art. This post should be framed. It should be the introduction to the X-forum.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Getting besieged by Sentinels and helping the X-Men fight them off.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Hahaha. TV-MA experience for the adults, maybe. XD

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Getting besieged by Sentinels and helping the X-Men fight them off.
    This is a good recurring event for people to participate in.

Personally, I'd like to see Storm's garden/greenhouse and also maybe have the option of just staying in there the whole time, haha.

Idea:

Every hotel room where the people are staying would be themed dorm rooms based on different mutant students over the years. I'm guessing Hellion's would include a lot of black and red... Surge would have a lot of nice blues in the color scheme, etc. Oh and there could be pictures on the wall that are themed to that particular mutant, as well as (glued down?) "personal items" on the tables.

And the mutant's name would be on the door, of course. That way, even if you don't get the mutant you want, you can walk down the corridor and see all their names on the doors.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    This is a good recurring event for people to participate in.

Personally, I'd like to see Storm's garden/greenhouse and also maybe have the option of just staying in there the whole time, haha.

Idea:

Every hotel room where the people are staying would be themed dorm rooms based on different mutant students over the years. I'm guessing Hellion's would include a lot of black and red... Surge would have a lot of nice blues in the color scheme, etc. Oh and there could be pictures on the wall that are themed to that particular mutant, as well as (glued down?) "personal items" on the tables.

And the mutant's name would be on the door, of course. That way, even if you don't get the mutant you want, you can walk down the corridor and see all their names on the doors.
    X-Men vs Brotherhood and Sentinels is definitely the best option I think - you get to allow for visitors to indulge their darker sides with Brotherhood missions if they want to by helping out characters like Mystique, Toad and Pyro for Magneto, but still have a constant threat with Bastion and the Sentinels. I also thought a nice concept would be having some 'new arrivals' with modern characters from the comics like Pixie or Anole arriving alongside the guests to be their entry points into the mansion (plus be visually distinctive).

Yeah the idea of Storm's Attic Garden would be a relaxing large semi-open air space within the building that works within the context of the setting and acts like Galactic Starcruiser's 'Batuu simulator' essentially.

I love the former room concept, would make each room quite distinctive and unique, even if only slightly. The larger deluxe suites could also be reserved for the A-List X-Men as well for those willing to pay extra, and X-Men fan couples could get the bragging rights of staying in Cyclops and Jean Grey's room or Rogue and Gambit's room or Kitty and Colossus' room.

Mighty Member

Gambit/Rogue southern style love shack for the newlyweds

Swingers room for the Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan types

A Colossus themed gym

Danger room VR

Basketball court that opens into a dining area outside

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    X-Men vs Brotherhood and Sentinels is definitely the best option I think - you get to allow for visitors to indulge their darker sides with Brotherhood missions if they want to by helping out characters like Mystique, Toad and Pyro for Magneto, but still have a constant threat with Bastion and the Sentinels. I also thought a nice concept would be having some 'new arrivals' with modern characters from the comics like Pixie or Anole arriving alongside the guests to be their entry points into the mansion (plus be visually distinctive).

Yeah the idea of Storm's Attic Garden would be a relaxing large semi-open air space within the building that works within the context of the setting and acts like Galactic Starcruiser's 'Batuu simulator' essentially.

I love the former room concept, would make each room quite distinctive and unique, even if only slightly. The larger deluxe suites could also be reserved for the A-List X-Men as well for those willing to pay extra, and X-Men fan couples could get the bragging rights of staying in Cyclops and Jean Grey's room or Rogue and Gambit's room or Kitty and Colossus' room.
    You can even have a random patron "be" Mystique and sabotage the X-Men

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Just wanted to say every post since my last post is chock full of good ideas. ;D

Really makes me wish it was real.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    You can even have a random patron "be" Mystique and sabotage the X-Men
    Yes! Though probably better it be one of the X-Men actors. I actually had this idea with my other immersive experience concept with the SHIELD Hellicarrier where one of the Avengers would be secretly a Skrull or rogue LMD working for Veranke or Red Skull…

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Just wanted to say every post since my last post is chock full of good ideas. ;D

Really makes me wish it was real.
    I really wish so too! (The Gala dining experience is a fantastic idea and could vary according to the season.) I mean you’d have to have Disney build a replica of the X-Mansion or a base somewhere to do it but it wouldn’t be accused of being like living in a airtight bunker as Galactic Starcruiser has been…

Love the VR Danger Room idea. I mentioned multiple Danger Rooms earlier and these could be used to allow for more wild fights against Apocalypse, Sentinels and Mister Sinister or virtual trips to the Savage Land or Mardripour. They could probably adapt the technology they use for the VOID VR experiences I have seen in London or something…

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yes! Though probably better it be one of the X-Men actors. I actually had this idea with my other immersive experience concept with the SHIELD Hellicarrier where one of the Avengers would be secretly a Skrull or rogue LMD working for Veranke or Red Skull…

I really wish so too! (The Gala dining experience is a fantastic idea and could vary according to the season.) I mean you’d have to have Disney build a replica of the X-Mansion or a base somewhere to do it but it wouldn’t be accused of being like living in a airtight bunker as Galactic Starcruiser has been…

Love the VR Danger Room idea. I mentioned multiple Danger Rooms earlier and these could be used to allow for more wild fights against Apocalypse, Sentinels and Mister Sinister or virtual trips to the Savage Land or Mardripour. They could probably adapt the technology they use for the VOID VR experiences I have seen in London or something…
    It would a cool "Among Us" style situation where Mystique tries to hit big red sabatoge button and try to not get caught; so you can even have the kids involved and have them be X Academy students guarding these buttons.

There's so much potential, it's fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Dining room would be called "The Gala"

Also I think blowing up the hotel every other week might be too expensive. Probably once a month should be sufficient.
    Look, if they're charging me $5,000 for two nights, the least they could do is blow up their hotel more often.

Fantastic Member

Look, if they're charging me $5,000 for two nights, the least they could do is blow up their hotel more often.
    They have to rotate blowing up the hotel with blowing up the shuttle bus to the theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    They have to rotate blowing up the hotel with blowing up the shuttle bus to the theme parks.
    Oh, good point. And it's Disney, so they would have constant access to children they can explode.