Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I admit it, I would kind of like to see Mephisto vs. Norman, winner takes all.
    Wouldn't Mephisto own him though

Astonishing Member

Honestly, the whole Mephisto affair was supposed to be closed in OMD but everyone wanted it to be revisited.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

IF they're going to bring Mephisto for a big battle to reverse OMD, I'd like it to also be a convergence of the other Peters, Spiders, etc, Mephisto has screwed with and deal with all of that at the same time.

Flash (Venom) and Andi (Mania, now Scream) for the Circle of Four fiasco and fallout, Kaine and Ben for the other time Mephisto invaded Vegas, Otto for the Superior Spider-man reboot. Even good Norman Osborn (resulting in his return as a monster). There's probably even more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Just scour Spidey's entire continuity of all things Mephisto so we never have to see or hear of the character again.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Honestly, the whole Mephisto affair was supposed to be closed in OMD but everyone wanted it to be revisited.
    People don't like it when the bad guy gets away with it. How novel.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I admit it, I would kind of like to see Mephisto vs. Norman, winner takes all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wouldn't Mephisto own him though
    Look at Ghost Rider/Johnny Blaze to see how that worked out for Mephisto in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    IF they're going to bring Mephisto for a big battle to reverse OMD, I'd like it to also be a convergence of the other Peters, Spiders, etc, Mephisto has screwed with and deal with all of that at the same time.

Flash (Venom) and Andi (Mania, now Scream) for the Circle of Four fiasco and fallout, Kaine and Ben for the other time Mephisto invaded Vegas, Otto for the Superior Spider-man reboot. Even good Norman Osborn (resulting in his return as a monster). There's probably even more I can't remember off the top of my head.

Just scour Spidey's entire continuity of all things Mephisto so we never have to see or hear of the character again.
    Technically Silence as of Extreme Carnage, but I would definitely like that infernal fracas you came up with there. Could throw in Miles Morales as well, since Jim Zub's Champions arc had him make a deal with Mephisto to reverse time and undo the deaths of Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel and Viv Vision, only it resulted in the death of someone Miles saved in the earlier timeline, much to his guilt and shame, which Mephisto was counting on to adversely affect his resolve as a hero and make him (and other young heroes) more open to being corrupted.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

I'd love to know what intrigues people who appreciate retcon? I kind of hate prophesies, chosen ones, and predestined lovers(Can't two people just find each other and vibe at the right moment anymore?), so I might just be letting that affect how I'm reading this. Currently, Mephisto doesn't regard Peter as his enemy. Just whoever results from him having relations with a woman. The devil has declared war on Peter's sex life. This feels like something out of Family Guy. Perhaps the devil should show up periodically to set Peter up with other women and men and ruin or inconvenience date night like a demonic take on Reverse-Flash until he gets dispatched back where he belongs by both Peter and MJ? It's about as weighty a take as the writing feels to me. I'm open to changing my mind because I enjoy reading new comics. Right now, the story direction lacks anything that engages me and is truthfully kind of bizarre(not even in the fun way).

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    . . . It's probably for the best to ignore Mephisto going forward . . .
    What if Peter needs a new roommate?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What if Peter needs a new roommate?
    Imagine the recent Boomerang arc redone but with Mephisto. Lol.

But seriously, don't give them ideas!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Stopped by to catch up on this really happening - THE reason I dropped reading Spider-man titles and not sure this would bring me back after it went multiverse crazy but being slapped in the face about being "hung up on continuity" was just too much Joe.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Every time they dip their toe back into Mephisto they just make things even more convoluted and then fans inject the copium into their veins that "now they absolutely will undo OMD for real this time" and we just keep repeating the cycle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Maybe they should have Peter wind up sacrificing his life for Aunt May, resulting in a ten-issue limited series titled Peter Parker in Hell guest-starring Mephisto and others.

Art and writing by Mike Mignola; colors by Dave Stewart.

BANNED

Whatever Mephisto's 'grand plan' is, it's still unfolding in Avengers for the foreseeable future

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=155624987

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Whatever Mephisto's 'grand plan' is, it's still unfolding in Avengers for the foreseeable future

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=155624987
    I'm wondering when there will be an event with Mephisto in The Avengers, will Peter be there? It will be strange if all the superheroes fight Mephisto and Peter, Ben, Miles, Otto, Norman don't show up. They must be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I'm wondering when there will be an event with Mephisto in The Avengers, will Peter be there? It will be strange if all the superheroes fight Mephisto and Peter, Ben, Miles, Otto, Norman don't show up. They must be there.
    Maybe there's more than one "Mephisto"?

You could have somebody like Beelzebub or Belphegor impersonating Mephisto in his dealings with either the Avengers or with Spider-Man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe there's more than one "Mephisto"?
    Why, yes, yes there is. The council of red to be precise.