Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wouldn't Mephisto own him though
    Well, I never said it had to be a physical fight.

I admit it, I kind of find their dynamic (what little was seen of it) interesting. And I suppose re-meeting the devil would be a quick and easy way for Norman to get all those sins back.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Wouldn't Mephisto own him though
    He's a metaphysical enemy.

He's as strong and as weak as the plot requires him to be.

I'll make an educated guess that if people heard they're was a big Spider-Man VS Mephisto arc coming, initial publicity would be bad.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 03-11-2022 at 04:49 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'Ll make an educated guess that if people heard they're was a big Spider-Man VS Memphis to arc coming, initial publicity would be bad.
    I think people would go bat sh*t crazy and anticipation

BANNED

initial publicity would be bad.
    Six or seven years ago , a popular book at the time by Joe Kelly, Spider-Man/Deadpool, pretty much gave us a Peter and Mephisto rematch and it got people talking at the time due to it being the first real allusion that the deal still loomed over Peter's head.

All of the OMD teasers in Spencer's run also led to excited and largely positive reactions.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-10-2022 at 08:24 AM.

I'Ll make an educated guess that if people heard they're was a big Spider-Man VS Memphis to arc coming, initial publicity would be bad.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people in Tennessee would be really upset if Spider-Man was attacking the city of Memphis!

Unless it was a different city named "Memphis".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Six or seven years ago , a popular book at the time by Joe Kelly, Spider-Man/Deadpool, pretty much gave us a Peter and Mephisto rematch and it got people talking at the time due to it being the first real allusion that the deal still loomed over Peter's head.

All of the OMD teasers in Spencer's run also led to excited and largely positive reactions.
    It wasn't so much a rematch as Mephisto taunting Spider-Man while he was briefly dead (as Deadpool had killed him as Peter Parker thinking Peter Parker was a bad guy, which he'd been tricked into believing by what turned out to be an agent of Mephisto, then had him resurrected when he realized he was wrong) about what he'd given up, then pulling strings behind the scenes. It still made clear that it wasn't just Peter's marriage to Mary Jane that Mephisto wanted, but a demoralized, broken, corrupted Spider-Man, which he would have gotten if not for Deadpool and his interference essentially saving Spider-Man's soul.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It wasn't so much a rematch as Mephisto taunting Spider-Man while he was briefly dead (as Deadpool had killed him as Peter Parker thinking Peter Parker was a bad guy, which he'd been tricked into believing by what turned out to be an agent of Mephisto, then had him resurrected when he realized he was wrong) about what he'd given up, then pulling strings behind the scenes. It still made clear that it wasn't just Peter's marriage to Mary Jane that Mephisto wanted, but a demoralized, broken, corrupted Spider-Man, which he would have gotten if not for Deadpool and his interference essentially saving Spider-Man's soul.
    The story advanced a little more beyond that issue though, in fact Deadpool's own marriage came to an end in the unfolding arc, so Mephisto did get kind of his own back on Wade for intervening.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The story advanced a little more beyond that issue though, in fact Deadpool's own marriage came to an end in the unfolding arc, so Mephisto did get kind of his own back on Wade for intervening.
    Yeah, point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, I think a lot of people in Tennessee would be really upset if Spider-Man was attacking the city of Memphis!

Unless it was a different city named "Memphis".
    Smartphone autocorrect keeps in I'Ll, but changes Mephisto into Memphis. What the hell?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Smartphone autocorrect keeps in I'Ll, but changes Mephisto into Memphis. What the hell?
    Sounds like the Smartphone ain't so smart . . .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sounds like the Smartphone ain't so smart . . .
    Maybe Mephisto stole Peter Parker's marriage and acquired Harry Osborn due to some elaborate scheme to force everyone's favorite Web-swinging hero to lay waste to the city of Memphis.

Astonishing Member

You receive ASM#93 and Mephisto is revealed as the mastermind behind Beyond.

Your reaction in 10 words or less:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

They better follow up on it

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post

Did our man give it his whole zebussy?