Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Runs the risk of making the spiders look like losers but if they wanna press the everyday man thing getting your entire friend group trolled by the devil might be a way of doing it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Nah at this point I need Peter to take out Mephisto like we saw in a future vision

The other Spiders can be fun or spite for Spider-man mephisto has but w/ Pete it was life altering and Mephisto should pay
    The vision could have been Peter himself, or it could have been his daughter with Mary Jane. Mephisto lies all the damned time, pun intended.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Thought about this today. If Mephisto's ultimate plan is to take on Franklin, wouldn't it have been easier the guy if had pulled a Loki and influenced Osborn to use his partnership with the Void during Dark Reign? Or ensure Osborn doesn't overestimate the Richards children? The perfect opportunity to strike was right there.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I thought that Mephisto attacking Franklin indirectly in the long term would be more subtle and devious for him, plus it could be done so surreptitiously that except for the most sharp-eyed readers who could see all the tiny hints, no one would see it coming until the final act was sprung.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The vision could have been Peter himself, or it could have been his daughter with Mary Jane. Mephisto lies all the damned time, pun intended.
    ah I need Peter to beat mephisto up himself

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I've hit the apathy point where I just don't care lol

Like maybe Nick Spencer had the best intentions and really wanted to give a resolution even if it didn't necessarily mean Pete and MJ were going to get hitched again. In the end, it really didn't matter since he clearly got overruled at the 11th hour.

I think Slott likened OMD to nasty medicine that no one wanted to take. It was a crude comparison, but I get where he was coming from. The story was just a means to an end and frustratingly enough isn't going to be something that's going to get the grand conclusion for it. Spencer throwing in that last nugget was just a hail mary and I get the feeling people are going to be fixated on it even though there's no chance of "his vision of Mephisto's defeat" actually happening.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    ] I get the feeling people are going to be fixated on it even though there's no chance of "his vision of Mephisto's defeat" actually happening.
    Whether it ends up happening or not, it's a hell of a more hopeful ending than "your child will never be born now that you've made this deal"

It's just the same as the one story where Peter met the One-Above-All and he told him he and MJ work out just fine later and raise a family. Spencer's ending doesn't exactly contradict that one either.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I've hit the apathy point where I just don't care lol

Like maybe Nick Spencer had the best intentions and really wanted to give a resolution even if it didn't necessarily mean Pete and MJ were going to get hitched again. In the end, it really didn't matter since he clearly got overruled at the 11th hour.

I think Slott likened OMD to nasty medicine that no one wanted to take. It was a crude comparison, but I get where he was coming from. The story was just a means to an end and frustratingly enough isn't going to be something that's going to get the grand conclusion for it. Spencer throwing in that last nugget was just a hail mary and I get the feeling people are going to be fixated on it even though there's no chance of "his vision of Mephisto's defeat" actually happening.
    I thought that was Quesada or Brevoort who made that incredibly ill-advised medicine analogy with OMD, which was a lot more like poison in my view.

BANNED

Avengers#55 furthers the Mephisto war and there's apparently going to be a Spidey variant for it

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-black-p...-war-mephisto/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Avengers#55 furthers the Mephisto war and there's apparently going to be a Spidey variant for it

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-black-p...-war-mephisto/
    ASM's relaunching later this month and it's Spidey's 60th anniversary, so that makes sense.

Guys, does anyone know how many times Peter crossed paths with Mephisto before OMD? I know about ASM #274, Daredevil #270 (Peter and Matt vs. Blackheart), Cloak and Dagger #17-#18 and Marvel Holiday Special 1993. Is there some more?

Infinity Gaunlet. All the heroes available, Spider-Man included, teleport to Thanos' shrine to Death to attack him. And Thanos had that small entourage around: Death, Nebula, Starlord... and Mephisto.

Not much, but it's something.

BANNED

Avengers#55

spoilers:
    The Avengers realize they'll need to enlist a lot more members to combat the council of red. Mephisto says he and his army of variants will meet with Earth's mightiest heroes again when the 'last of the Earths' falls, then the 'great red flood' can begin
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Avengers#55

spoilers:
    The Avengers realize they'll need to enlist a lot more members to combat the council of red. Mephisto says he and his army of variants will meet with Earth's mightiest heroes again when the 'last of the Earths' falls, then the 'great red flood' can begin
    end of spoilers
    God I hope Peter's in and plays his part as teased

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    God I hope Peter's in and plays his part as teased
    Maybe it'll be like Siege (where Norman was the big villain) and Spidey just gets to throw one punch at the end. I can't even tell if I'm being sarcastic here, but I have no faith in Aaron's story delivering for Peter ....
    Blue text denotes sarcasm