Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

So the series will be set a few years after the series finale. I'm guessing this means they will probably re-cast Herschel jr. as a teen and possibly feature Negan's kid. If they're in it it seems. Kind of wonder if it'll feature jerk Herschel from the comics finale. Also worth noting that the alternate ending for TWD-which would have Judith, Coco, Rick Jr. etc as young adults didn't feature seem to feature Herschel.....

As for Maggie and Negan, Maggie did have it out for him early in season 9 (But relented when seeing how pathetic he'd become in the prison) and the two still really hated each other going until season 11, and even in the finale she can't bring herself to forgive him (Because seeing him reminds him of Glenn's death) despite Negan's attempts to get through to her as he's been softened somewhat over the years partially due to Rick and later Judith's influence (It was Carl's dying wish for Negan to be redeemed). Herschel, on the other hand, might come after him at some point, although it's unclear whether this will happen in Dead City.

Some of the promo pics show Maggie with a knife to Negan's throat. So they're definitely not a couple but have a sort of tenuous alliance at best.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-04-2023 at 05:00 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Both the Daryl and Rick/Michonne spinoffs have also started filming.

Just as thought, the plot involves somebody kidnapping Herschel II and Negan is the "key" to getting him back (Maybe the kidnappers are ex-saviors?)

Also Herschel has been re-cast it seems as well.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Walking Dead : Dead City

AMC has watched the last 13-14 years have passed and the network itself now depends on the Walking Dead literally to carry it. The once powerful series was so strong at one point it was doing Monday Night Wars numbers on Sunday night. But time , age , casting moves and spin-offs ate at the once big series.

Now the franchise is now spawned 3 spin-off shows ahead. The spin-offs begin with Dead City and will see Daryl Dixon go to the United Kingdom and Rick & Michonne. But for now....were at Dead City which focuses on Negan and Maggie.

-

-

-

- The series itself opens very slow with Maggie spying on New York harbor. Its one of those openings that really....a question mark on why ? Since the main plot is Negan is recruited to get Maggie's son Hershel back as he was kidnapped and taken into New York. We don't see the kidnapping due to budget possibly but its hard to have an opening hook given this opening we see here.

- The show then becomes Escape from New York in a way. Negan (Snake) is being hunted by The Marshal's of New Babylon for killing a Magistrate and his older crimes that have carried over. So he's being hunted by them. Percy is the main Marshal and in this world we see a Snake Plissken society... No drinking , no prostitution , no gambling either.

Maggie has the role of offering to possibly help Negan who is playing concerned father to a young girl. They have to get into New York ala Snake , align with folks there and take down the boss who is holding The Preside- , I mean Maggie's son. The boss here even scared Negan for being a complete nutcase.

- The series shows them in New York city and we really don't see a landmark yet. Hopefully we do ahead even if its CGI. Anyhow the walkers throwing themselves off the roof was a good touch.

-

- OVERALL its not a bad series. But the franchise as a whole seems to be a bit tired. The whole..."Bigger worse group trying to exploit others.." has become a very tired cliche in Walking Dead. We saw it years ago under Negan and its kinda reached a very tired point. Maybe copying the John Carpenter template will help this as we go along.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Haven't seen it yet but I've heard they don't really address Negan's second wife fate directly, perhaps saving it for a future storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Just as thought, the plot involves somebody kidnapping Herschel II and Negan is the "key" to getting him back (Maybe the kidnappers are ex-saviors?)

Also Herschel has been re-cast it seems as well.
    Slight spoilers...

spoilers:
    Well, one of them is...
    end of spoilers

Croat kind of reminds of the Daniel Craig Bond villains a bit.

Interesting to see Michelle Hurd after PICARD, although she doesn't last very long. Her husband played John Dorie on FTWD.

Think it seems to state things might've gotten rough again over at Alexandria despite it seeming fairly peaceful in the finale. Then again Alexandria and the nearby communities have had many periods of relative stability that often get disrupted....and this pattern happened a bit earlier with TWD, Rick was kind of doing OK with the prison until the flu outbreak and the return of the Governor screwed everything up.

Well...

The Marshall has wound up being more interesting than I would have thought that he could be.

The "Tech..." aspect of this week's episode was also one that I would not have seen coming.

Yeah, kind of a bit gross too.

Pretty sure a Stegosaurus tail spike fossil was a weapon used in Walking Dead: World Beyond so somebody on the production team must be a fan.

Negan's family is "kind of ok", he sent him away after Annie is attacked & robbed and he took revenge on those responsible, hence why the Marshall wants to get him.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-03-2023 at 08:58 AM.

I like the look of this show. The maggots in the first episode. The fact that they have to zipline from building to building to avoid the walkers on the ground.

Maggie and Negan make for a good duo. I liked Negan turning on the classic Negan with his "knock knock" thing and then immediately putting his real face back on.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Marshall has wound up being more interesting than I would have thought that he could be.
    I like the Marshall a lot too. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

The Negan/Ginny relationship feels a bit like Joel and Ellie from TLOU, although they key difference is Ginny doesn't speak (Either she is actually mute or it's some trauma) while Ellie is very, very vocal at times.

Charlie from FWTD also had a silent treatment (Wonder if we'll get a definitive answer on her fate? Radiation works weird in these shows) for a bit.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    How many WD spinoffs are there now? It's kinda over kill

https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-...tting-details/
    Laughs in Star trek, Star wars, Stargate, Law + Order, NCIS, Arrowverse and Power franchises

New episode brings back one of the dead characters from TWD in a flashback.

Hint-you might recognize him from a certain video game series.

This franchise is still on the air? Wow, it has become like the zombies themselves undead....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    That was the last time I watched the Walking Dead before dropping it.

Not amount of story would make sense to me as to why these two got together.

I dropped off TWD around season 5 or so, I simply got tired of it......I decided to jump back on a couple months ago and binge the rest of the series. I felt the same way you do about the concept of Negan teaming up with the protagonists (let alone the spin-off series with Maggie), and I also scoffed at what I heard/read about The Kingdom and Ezekiel with his tiger. Believe it or not, it actually all works.

Also, I felt seasons 8-11 were the best of the series, so I was glad I jumped back on. The series finale was somewhat anticlimactic, though (I expected a lot more, including more resolution)..... I'll check out all the spin-offs with an open mind. I'll start off with Fear, then watch Tales & World Beyond....After that, I'll check out the Maggie/Negan, Daryl, and Rick/Michonne spin-offs.

I will say there was a moment in the main series where it really felt like it jumped the shark. It was when Jesus came in, the episode where he steals the supply truck from Rick & Daryl. The episode felt too light-hearted and had cheap writing. I also thought Jesus was one of the worst characters to be brought in. It's obvious he was meant to be a fan-favorite, but I couldn't stand the guy and wanted him gone.....Thankfully, the series didn't permanently fall into that hole. There were a few moments here or there where I rolled my eyes (Especially the episode where Rick gets impaled and somehow gets out of his predicament, also the the series finale where Rosita's covered with zombies and she somehow powers out of it like the Hulk).

The war with The Saviors was the apex of the series, and the Whisperers storyline was great. Then the mercenaries (Can't remember what they were called) were pretty cool, and The Commonwealth angle actually wasn't bad. The Commonwealth just kind of petered out toward the end (ie, the series finale).
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 07-11-2023 at 04:42 AM.