Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default ASM 900 teased w/ Zeb and EdMcguinnes

https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status...964099/photo/1

Looks like an combination of Sinister Six all in one.

Bets on it being Digger related, specially since all he is is a combination of 13 dead people and the hands look like Digger.

The Ock-arms look like the one in JMS IIRC

Either ways as cool as this is I'd hope for smth w/ MJ, etc. rather than a big fight but whatevs
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 03-07-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    https://twitter.com/SpiderMan/status...964099/photo/1

Looks like an combination of Sinister Six all in one.

Bets on it being Digger related, specially since all he is is a combination of 13 dead people and the hands look like Digger.

The Ock-arms look like the one in JMS IIRC

Either ways as cool as this is I'd hope for smth w/ MJ, etc. rather than a big fight but whatevs
    Do we need Sinister Six? I can wait until trades

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Do we need Sinister Six? I can wait until trades
    Why wait for six when it can be an All-in-One

Maybe it's a Super-Adaptoid?

Spectacular Member

I think this a Super Adaptoid with the powers of Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Mysterio

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    I think this a Super Adaptoid with the powers of Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Mysterio
    We just saw a variation of this under Spencer ( like Sin Eater and a terrible Sinister Six story). Does it hurt to actually come up with some different ideas. It is like the new Lizard and female Goblin. The more of this the more I appreciate Ditko. I am waiting for Peter in LA ( at least that is something different). Oh well, I predicted Beyond to be a disaster and it was. ASM makes me think of this quote: “ Saturday Night Live sucks these days.” ( Chevy Chase). This is exactly what this reminds me of. Comparing this crap, Beyond and the Spencer run makes me say this more. At least Slott gave us ASM 800-801, RUV and Spider Island: Better then anything else this decade. I guarantee I am not listening ( and especially not spending money) on their podcast

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

We just saw a variation of this under Spencer ( like Sin Eater and a terrible Sinister Six story). Does it hurt to actually come up with some different ideas. It is like the new Lizard and female Goblin. The more of this the more I appreciate Ditko. I am waiting for Peter in LA ( at least that is something different). Oh well, I predicted Beyond to be a disaster and it was. ASM makes me think of this quote: “ Saturday Night Live sucks these days.” ( Chevy Chase). This is exactly what this reminds me of. Comparing this crap, Beyond and the Spencer run makes me say this more. At least Slott gave us ASM 800-801, RUV and Spider Island: Better then anything else this decade. I guarantee I am not listening ( and especially not spending money) on their podcast
    Slott sucks and has no barring anymore and shouldnt be mentioned as a passable writer

McGuinness? Okay.

I always wished Ed McGuinness got to do a proper Spidey run, his art always felt like it could be a good fit for the world. I don't really count his time doing Spider-Man/Deadpool lol. Him and JRJR rotating stories could be nice, I'm always skeptical anymore 'cause they announce creative teams and only have them do like a story before it all falls apart until the next big anniversary issue or first issue of a big story they put effort into. You know what I mean, like saying "Patrick Gleason is coming to Marvel to draw ASM!" - proceeds to do a few issues of a longer story before the art becomes fill-ins, then comes back a year later for a big story which he's only able to do a few issues of, stuff like that has plagued this book for years.

It's gonna always be twice monthly at the least, it just needs good management for consistent rotating teams to actually finish stories more than the first arc of the run. I really hope they get better with that in the relaunch, ASM shouldn't be feeling like it's being rushed out the door 24/7 and needing multiple inkers or multiple fill-ins constantly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Slott sucks and has no barring anymore and shouldnt be mentioned as a passable writer
    FR, man had more than decade and Spidey and co. were worse of for it

Yeah I was hoping for atleast 20-25 issues so I hope JRJR isn't leaving

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    I am certainly no Slott fan ( Queen Pin Silk etc), but at least there are stories you can pick up later in trades and enjoy. But except for Felicia/MJ, there is not one story I can actually enjoy in trades..It is frightening to think the three characters in Beyond are. 1 Felicia. 2 MJ. 3: Janine. It is interesting to note that Spencer has done nothing to defend his run the final year. Why is that? I especially note that those who drank the “Nick Spencer Kool Aid” against editorial have stopped doing that. I guess I was right about how bad it is , although to be honest I would have rather been wrong, and we got the marriage restored and good stories.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 03-07-2022 at 09:53 PM.

BANNED

I especially note that those who drank the “Nick Spencer Kool Aid” against editorial have stopped doing that. I guess I was right about how bad it is
    It wasn't bad at all. Even when it was rushed towards the end it's still leagues better than what Beyond has been.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

It is interesting to note that Spencer has done nothing to defend his run the final year. Why is that?
    I can think of a few off the top of my head.

1, he's a professional.

2, he doesn't want to piss on the already burning bridge in case the SubStack gig may not work out, or he just doesn't want a terrible reputation.

3, he's behind the SubStack paywall. For all I know he's writing a daily "reasons Nick Lowe sucks" hit pieces. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Amazon has solicts up for volumes 2 and 3 of Amazing Spider-Man By Wells & Romita Jr.
    https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spide...dp/130293273X/
    spoilers:

It’s Spider-Man’s 60th anniversary — and Marvel is pulling out all the stops! Someone from Spidey’s past has captured the Sinister Six and used them to create the truly terrifying Sinister Adaptoid! Can the webbed wonder possibly triumph against the overwhelming might of an android that boasts the powers of all of his deadliest foes? And who is the face behind the Adaptoid’s attack? Brace yourself for one of the biggest adventures in Spider-history — and you won’t believe how it ends!

COLLECTING: Amazing Spider-Man (2022) 6, TBD

end of spoilers

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spide.../dp/1302933132

The non-spoilery information is that we're getting a renumbering soon - Volume 3 lists issues 7-12.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Most interesting, so is it issue 900 and a mini-series immediately afterwards...or is it a double length 60th anniversary one shot?