Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/wha...n-from-marvel/

Zeb interview. so it takes place 6 months after what happened and no one has died

BANNED

Hitting stands the same month as Spider-Man’s 60th anniversary, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6 will mark an incredible 900 issues of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! The landmark issue will be a giant-sized spectacular that will see new series writer Zeb Wells teaming up with all-star artist Ed McGuinness who will bring his iconic art to the title for the first time. Taking place in the aftermath of the new run’s first arc, Peter Parker is still reeling from his brutal battle with Tombstone and now must contend with a terrifying take on the iconic Sinister Six!

Someone from Spider-Man’s past has captured the Sinister Six and used them to create the truly terrifying SINISTER ADAPTOID, a being equipped with the abilities of Spidey’s greatest foes: Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, Electro, Mysterio, and Sandman. It’ll be one of the biggest adventures in Spider-History and you will not believe the ending!

“There's nothing I love more than a giant-size Spider-Man anniversary issue, and I'm pulling out all the — ah, what does it matter what I think. ED MCGUINNESS is drawing a super-sized Spider-story. Who isn't going to check this out???” Wells said.

“Zeb and Ed are trying to do the impossible — top Lee & Ditko’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1! And that’s not the only thing that #900 has — including some shocks that are going to make you say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!” Editor Nick Lowe promised.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...s-sinister-six
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-08-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    “Zeb and Ed are trying to do the impossible — top Lee & Ditko’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1! And that’s not the only thing that #900 has — including some shocks that are going to make you say WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!” Editor Nick Lowe promised."
    I know the above is hype and meaningless, but it never bodes well when Lowe says, "What were they thinking?!?!" Because Lowe has a tendency not to reign in ideas that should probably stay as ideas - IIRC, one of the last times Lowe was quoted as saying something similar, he allowed Slott to kill off MC2 Peter - and if readers have to wonder what the writer was thinking, that's usually not a great indicator of story quality.

Mysterio? It will be strange if Peter and Quentin don't talk about the events of the Kindred saga.

I can't hate on the covers, they're very fun- and the concept is also fun for an anniversary issue. I am also nervous hearing Nick Lowe talk about anything lol.

honestly at least it's something new I wanna say it should be easier for Peter since it's just one enemy instead of 6 but it's a new villain so I'm expecting a beating
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So instead of the OG!Sinister Six back together, it's a Super-Adaptoid with their powers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    honestly at least it's something new I wanna say it should be easier for Peter since it's just one enemy instead of 6 but it's a new villain so I'm expecting a beating

I don't really think it's going to be any easier for him as usually when a Super Adaptoid is in play it takes a team to bring it down.

Oh I like that cover! So did issue #5/899 get a solicit with a cover?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It wasn't bad at all. Even when it was rushed towards the end it's still leagues better than what Beyond has been.
    Yeah, I'd argue that even with the rushed ending, it was still fun speculating what the Hell was happening every few weeks. Even if the ending wasn't what we wanted, I guess it'll be remembered.
    Spencer's run is the kind that will see a resurgence in 10 years, with think pieces saying it wasn't that bad.

Personally, I think the everything up to and including Last Remains is great (Except the 2099 story, that kind of sucked).
    The last 15 issues was where it failed, and even then, I wouldn't say it was all terrible. Spencer is really good at setting up stakes. The set up to Sinister War was miles ahead of the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Oh I like that cover! So did issue #5/899 get a solicit with a cover?
    I don't think so, but I bet we've already seen the cover for #5 in the trailer they just released for the relaunch the other day. There's a shot in there that looks like a cover with Spidey and Tombstone beating the crud outta each other that looked nice.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I don't know, man... if you're hyping 900 issues of something with a quote the "Angry Video Game Nerd" managed to make his own, I'll again dabble in the parlance of the times and say "not a good look".

Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This is straight-up Super Adaptoid.

FNYlnJ7UcAABQmj.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So instead of the OG!Sinister Six back together, it's a Super-Adaptoid with their powers.
    The solicit says they are together, they're just all prisoners of whoever puts the Adaptoid together.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Spencer's run is the kind that will see a resurgence in 10 years, with think pieces saying it wasn't that bad.
    I'm hoping it doesn't take another decade to resolve anything from Spencer's run. The Beyond crew already used elements from it for Queen Goblin (Norman's sins)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    This is straight-up Super Adaptoid.

FNYlnJ7UcAABQmj.jpg

I dunno. Seems kinda interesting; something new, at least. I was thinking along the lines of a Sinister Six version of the Super Skrull.