Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    They won't even let Peter have a dead end job these days. How does he keep a apartment if he has no source of income?
    Comic Book MC Plot Armor, Spideys magic karma makes him bounce back enough to get throught unrealistic consequences, i dont take Peter Parkers life troubles seriously and neither should you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RJT View Post
    How does he stick to walls?
    He was bitten by a radioactive spider!!!

Nailed it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    What powers would Osborn add?

Plot armour? Occasional 4th wall breaking "crazy"? The power to be unnecessarily used as a plot device to end an off the rails 3 year long saga 20+ years after last appearing? A green rubber suit fetish?

Norman's general power level is way below an Adaptoid and most of his attacks are gadgets.

Seriously, though, it's the same for Kraven. There is nothing really added other than the potential for a spectacular 'stache.
    First of all, Kraven has some "animalistic senses", not as great as Wolverine's, but they are something. He also have some degree of super-strength (at least stronger than a gorilla).

Second, the Green Goblin's physical strength is even bigger; enough to match Peter's Spider-strength hand-to-hand. Besides, if the Super-Adaptoid can also mimic the way Spider-Man's foes think, then we can be sure none is more cunning and cruel than Norman Osborn as the Green Goblin.

Extraordinary Member

900 solicit

• The nine-hundredth issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comes out the month of Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary, and we are pulling out ALL THE STOPS!
    • Someone from Spider-Man's past has captured the Sinister Six and used them to create the truly terrifying SINISTER ADAPTOID!
    • This is one of the biggest adventures in Spider-History and you will not believe the ending!
    96 PGS./Rated T+ …$9.99

899 solicit

• The end of the first arc of this historic new volume is here, and you won't believe what we're putting the Web-Slinger through!
    • Spider-Man and Tombstone have their most brutal battle ever, but I fear the worst damage to Peter isn't going to be physical.
    • Also, did you notice that this was ASM LGY #899?! That means next issue is…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    900 solicit

• The nine-hundredth issue of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comes out the month of Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary, and we are pulling out ALL THE STOPS!
    • Someone from Spider-Man's past has captured the Sinister Six and used them to create the truly terrifying SINISTER ADAPTOID!
    • This is one of the biggest adventures in Spider-History and you will not believe the ending!
    96 PGS./Rated T+ …$9.99

899 solicit

• The end of the first arc of this historic new volume is here, and you won't believe what we're putting the Web-Slinger through!
    • Spider-Man and Tombstone have their most brutal battle ever, but I fear the worst damage to Peter isn't going to be physical.
    Nothing too exciting... or is it just me?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Nothing too exciting... or is it just me?
    Not just you, this seems avg. af

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    900 solicit

96 PGS./Rated T+ …$9.99

899 solicit

I'm down for a good Tombstone fight.

I wonder if Ock trying to go after Spidey leads to him getting kidnapped for the Sinister Adaptoid.

I do hope Romita Jr. does one of the short stories in the issue. Would be a shame to get the biggest Spider-Man artist back just in time for the issue and not have any interior art for 900.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by duke togo View Post
    I do hope Romita Jr. does one of the short stories in the issue. Would be a shame to get the biggest Spider-Man artist back just in time for the issue and not have any interior art for 900.
    It'd be funny if his dad did.

BANNED

Honestly after reading Beyond, I don't expect great things from Zeb Wells here. I like a lot of the dudes work but Beyond has missed every possible mark I don't see this Spidey run being anything special. Issue 900 being a super Adaptoid fight seems pretty whack. Like he already beats six people at a time with the sinister six powers on the regular. What's so special about one person with all those powers.

Didn't he beat up multiple sinister sixs or whatever sinister war was with Spencer?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Honestly after reading Beyond, I don't expect great things from Zeb Wells here. I like a lot of the dudes work but Beyond has missed every possible mark I don't see this Spidey run being anything special. Issue 900 being a super Adaptoid fight seems pretty whack. Like he already beats six people at a time with the sinister six powers on the regular. What's so special about one person with all those powers.

Didn't he beat up multiple sinister sixs or whatever sinister war was with Spencer?
    I agree with everything you said, but the bolded part. That was an excess on Spencer's part. There's no challenge left for Spider-Man after that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I agree with everything you said, but the bolded part. That was an excess on Spencer's part. There's no challenge left for Spider-Man after that
    Just the same as Peter and MJ. Their love exorcised the devil from the Stacy twins and put Harry in heaven, they're 'unbreakable', now a typical Parker goof up is going to break them when that couldn't? There's no earned immersion in this upcoming run, it's all so lazy.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-17-2022 at 01:09 PM.

no he got his ass kick and was just doing enough to survive
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    no he got his ass kick and was just doing enough to survive

My point still stands that like 12 people with 12 powers or even 6 people with 6 powers definitely seems like a bigger deal than 1 person with 6 powers.

I'm not really one for feats or comic book rumble type things but it really does seem lame that for the 900 issue he's going to fight some green thing that vaguely resembles the sinister six. That's it? That's the threat? I'm exhausted at the thought of having to read them trying to justify and pump up the sinister adaptoid as something more than a gimmick I should roll my eyes at.

"Get it together Parker, this Adaptoid is the toughest enemy you've ever faced. Ock's tentacles and Kraven's fashion sense. If they get Norman Osborn's hairstylist you'll be done for!"
    Last edited by MisterC; 03-17-2022 at 06:48 PM.

My point still stands that like 12 people with 12 powers or even 6 people with 6 powers definitely seems like a bigger deal than 1 person with 6 powers.

I'm not really one for feats or comic book rumble type things but it really does seem lame that for the 900 issue he's going to fight some green thing that vaguely resembles the sinister six. That's it? That's the threat? I'm exhausted at the thought of having to read them trying to justify and pump up the sinister adaptoid as something more than a gimmick I should roll my eyes at.

"Get it together Parker, this Adaptoid is the toughest enemy you've ever faced. Ock's tentacles and Kraven's fashion sense. If they get Norman Osborn's hairstylist you'll be done for!"
    This reminds me how Spec 300 was...kind of a run of the mill anniversary issue, but it wasn't intended to be anything but at the time.