Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I’d definitely like to see Supes doing more space stuff in general. Since PKJ wants to do worldbuilding, I think it’d be interesting for him to create a reason for Metropolis to attract more alien attention than other places in the DC world to help explain why Supes would be dealing with aliens so much, and why a man with his level of power focuses so much on one city.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    I’d definitely like to see Supes doing more space stuff in general. Since PKJ wants to do worldbuilding, I think it’d be interesting for him to create a reason for Metropolis to attract more alien attention than other places in the DC world to help explain why Supes would be dealing with aliens so much, and why a man with his level of power focuses so much on one city.
    I have the opinion, it makes it easier to find him. The people of Metropolis is already use to Superman and villains.

Clark should return to Lois and Jon should return to the Legion and stay there.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    I have the opinion, it makes it easier to find him. The people of Metropolis is already use to Superman and villains.
    That’s so simple I can’t believe I didn’t even think of it. That would work well if it can get clearly established.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Tom strong superman for earth..or no point going back to earth..my take..
    What does this mean?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What does this mean?

This guy leaping all over the place..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

This guy leaping all over the place..
    Didn't read Superman and the Authority, so all I'm getting it Supes with gray sideburns leaping all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Didn't read Superman and the Authority, so all I'm getting it Supes with gray sideburns leaping all over the place.
    More so a weaker Supes who hasn’t to rely on his brains and experience to compensate for his weaker powers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His wife and son make two pretty good ones, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.
    I am old fashioned too. I don't like to see Superman becoming the kind of father who "goes to the store to grab some milk."
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Forlorn View Post
    That’s so simple I can’t believe I didn’t even think of it. That would work well if it can get clearly established.
    A good work around for his early years is that Superman didn't specifically stay in Metropolis for all his adventures, but eventually made it his city where you can find him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    More so a weaker Supes who hasn’t to rely on his brains and experience to compensate for his weaker powers.
    Give superman back his powers!! I don't like the depowered superman, why do they keep depowering superman??? DC doesn't depower the Martian manhunter, Wonderwoman or any of the other heroes!! Why can't Dc comics just get writers that knows how to write about a powerful superman?? An stop depowering Superman.
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-15-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    Give superman back his powers!! I don't like the depowered superman, why do they keep depowering superman??? DC doesn't depower the Martian manhunter, Wonderwoman or any of the other heroes!! Why can't Dc comics just get writers that knows how to write about a powerful superman?? An stop depowering Superman.
    It's so degrading!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 03-15-2022 at 08:40 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

My opinion,flying brick superman is bland as heck.Even if he has "full power" he still is bland as heck.He trips over rocks and has punching fest.Here is an idea "Brain beat brawn" .tom strong Superman>>>>>> the guy that trips over green rocks.

Here is another idea,Wonder woman actually knows how to fight.They have used her abilities and weapon in wierd ways movies.The martian's abilites are freaky and can be creepy cool.Superman flyies and does a jesus pose.How is that cool or power fantasy?A guy who doesn't even try intellectual response to complex problems ain't no superman at all(fighting included).Having huge powerlevel don't attract people to property.Competence of protagonist does.really creative ideas from the writers for powers do.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-15-2022 at 11:40 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I look at this way: it's a trope. A de-powered Superman has been around for decades. Dating back to 1941, in an unpublished story by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Throughout the Weisinger years there are so many covers of Superman being de-powered. During their short revamp in the 1970s, DC did it. Post-COIE, it happened again (many times). Morrison AC. It's just a trope of the character that's been around. Expect every so often for Superman to be de-powered.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The current (depowered) Superman has been plenty entertaining in the current Warworld arc, esp the gladiatorial combat.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog