Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Is there any real reason for Superman to go back to Earth?

Like he's making much more of difference in space than he ever did on Earth and it's a lot more fun too. Leave the Earth to stagnate under his son while Clark is in space doing real work.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

If sales get low enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Like he's making much more of difference in space than he ever did on Earth and it's a lot more fun too. Leave the Earth to stagnate under his son while Clark is in space doing real work.
    From an in universe standpoint, Earth is his home, it’s where his family are, he’d obviously want to get back there and reunited with his loved ones ASAP. But that doesn’t mean he needs to stay Earthbound, there’s plenty of other heroes to pick up the slack while he’s gone, and his son is making sure Earth has its own Superman. Ideally we’d have rotating arcs that go back and forth between Earth and the wider DCU cosmos.

Out of universe there’s no reason at all, except that PKJ wants to do Metropolis worldbuilding, which is something I’ve wanted for ages and don’t think Taylor will do. If he goes back to Earth and fleshes Metropolis out I’d be a-ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If sales get low enough.
    Not sure if going back to Earth would give a sales boost, but it would be nice.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Tom strong superman for earth..or no point going back to earth..my take..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Sooner or later he'll have to go back due to sales numbers.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

His wife and son make two pretty good ones, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not sure if going back to Earth would give a sales boost, but it would be nice.
    Typically, they sell this sort of thing as a "back to basics" thing.

Astonishing Member

He misses the chow at Bibbo's restaurant.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Good enough for me..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    His wife and son make two pretty good ones, but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Jeez ppl,most ppl want to be with their loved ones, why this is even a question proves how messed up we have become as ppl.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Good enough for me..
    Heh, the Ace O' Clubs needs some screen time.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd like more of a mixture.

As much of a Post-Crisis fan as I am, it now feels a little limiting to keep him mostly in one city but it helped that Clark, Lois and the Daily planet had much bigger roles back then.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

There should be a mix. There’s no reason he can’t have stories hitting on both aspects. Bendis dealt with both sides of the character. Metropolis is part of the myth and I looking forward to seeing what PKJ can do with it. I agree with PJK that you can use space to address storylines that would be kind of offensive if done on Earth, but a Superman completely divorced from Earth and Metropolis is generic space strongman.

Personally I’m curious what PKJ would do with the status quo where Bendis left him (outed, still working at the Planet) so for that reason alone I’m looking forward to a return.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I don't see no reason why Clark can't do both. He definitely did it pre-crisis.