Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Why wouldn’t Emma have let Sean know Moira was still alive? She was not bound by the promises of the founders…and Banshee might not have been caught so flat footed.
    I believe the entire QC took an oath of secrecy on the issue, did they not? But yes the whole thing raises a lot of questions about what everyone has been doing. I'm surprised Mystique was the only one hunting her and that no one was trying to reach out to her.

This book got so cheesy. What the hell happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    This book got so cheesy. What the hell happened.
    Same thing as Trial Of Magneto. Sudden-onset Editorial Mandate Syndrome.

I’m enjoying it. Moira being revealed to be in favor of assimilation and driving towards that goal was an interesting twist to me. From her perspective I can see how it’s the ultimate/final solution to all the suffering and strife she’s seen across her lifetimes. One collective consciousness… no more death… cheesy? Okay, maybe. But I’m entertained. Also not really all that upset over her heel-turn. But I get how some folks are turned off by it.

Incredible Member

Well, Sean is gonna feel betrayed by a number of people when he wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Why wouldn’t Emma have let Sean know Moira was still alive? She was not bound by the promises of the founders…and Banshee might not have been caught so flat footed.
    Even if she promised, she's worked close to Banshee in the past than she has pretty much any of the founders. You'd think she'd have some kind of loyalty to an old co-team leader.

Extraordinary Member

The obvious answer is things have to not happen in order for other things to happen otherwise there is no story. In story, though, we are already accepting that a bunch of telepaths did not keep track of her or just mindwipe her, so they had no reason to think Moira would try to contact anyone. More importantly, Omega Wolverine was the only one who knew she was a danger (until Destiny was tipped off) and Charles thought Omega Wolverine was the threat.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    HOX/POX stated cerebro doesn’t pick her up and, as posted before, why would there be a backup when her death resets reality?
    Even if Cerebro didn't pick her up as a mutant at first but after Xavier let Moira stay on Krakoa for almost two years (or whatever Marvel time), surely she would have been backup by now since Xavier has the Cerebro hat by his side all the time.

Like I say, there's full of plot-holes.

She is now a human, so how can she reset reality?

Isn't that the reason why Mystique is trying to kill her? If Moira died, somebody could just resurrect her with Cerebro's memories and her powers will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Even if Cerebro didn't pick her up as a mutant at first but after Xavier let Moira stay on Krakoa for almost two years (or whatever Marvel time), surely she would have been backup by now since Xavier has the Cerebro hat by his side all the time.

Isn't that the reason why Mystique is trying to kill her? If Moira died, somebody could just resurrect her with Cerebro's memories and her powers will be back.
    You were faster than me.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The obvious answer is things have to not happen in order for other things to happen otherwise there is no story. In story, though, we are already accepting that a bunch of telepaths did not keep track of her or just mindwipe her, so they had no reason to think Moira would try to contact anyone. More importantly, Omega Wolverine was the only one who knew she was a danger (until Destiny was tipped off) and Charles thought Omega Wolverine was the threat.
    We have to accept lot of things or the story doesn't work. Of course Emma saw Moira true intentions (that doesn't make sense in story) but Xavier simply never saw that
    Last edited by Writerblog; 03-15-2022 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Same thing as Trial Of Magneto. Sudden-onset Editorial Mandate Syndrome.
    I had to stop reading that after the second issue. Really couldn’t vibe with the writing on that one.

But issue 4 was such a shame. I’m into these rotating season opener events. Reminds me of when a sci-fi show does a multi parter to open a new season, so rotating writers for them seems like a good idea. But man, all the nuance in setting up Moria’s new alliance pivot really got torched with this moustache twirling villain stuff.

She can't reset reality. Mystique wants to kill her because Mystique is a psychopath, period.

Phalanx Wolverine wants to kill her because he thinks she will help the machines destroy Krakoa in the future.

The rest of the mutants (the Wolverine kids, Xavier, the Quiet Council, Forge...etc.) want to kill her because they believe what Phalanx Wolverine told them. And of course, nobody questions if they shouldn't trust what a time-traveling Phalanx hybrid says, because you know, Phalanx has never created duplicates of X-Men in order to infiltrate them (to anybody who hasn't read the 90's X-Men... that was literally the FIRST thing the Phalanx did!).

And yes, I know Phalanx Wolverine isn't an infiltrator, but the X-Men should suspect him and take everything he says with a grain of salt...

Also, I suspect Phalanx Wolverine has provoked the future he hoped to prevent by exposing Moira to the technovirus. I bet either 1.- the floronic cancer and Forge's floronic armor will react to the technovirus, turning Moira into a Phalanx hybrid thing rather than merely killing her (remember, floronic technology is partially Technarchy-based on itself, so it may be compatible with Phalanx...), or 2.- Phalanx Wolverine will infect her and turn her into a Phalanx hybrid, preserving her mind in the process, in order to facilitate Moira repeating the future he came from...
    Last edited by Habis; 03-16-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like the X-Office stepped in it with that one. Like… why use traditional resurrection where there are gaps in memory when you can just use the waiting room? They clearly wanted to have a big reveal at the end of ToM, but didn’t want to undo the retcon so here we are.
    Has the Waiting Room been referenced/used at all since Trial of Magneto?

Mighty Member

It seems that X Deaths of Wolfie is much more interesting than X Lives of Wolfie and people are still debating on #4 until today.

But there is still no preview of X Lives of Wolvie #5 even though it is coming out today. Nobody seems interested in discussing X L of W. lol

Extraordinary Member

It seems that X Deaths of Wolfie is much more interesting than X Lives of Wolfie and people are still debating on #4 until today.

But there is still no preview of X Lives of Wolvie #5 even though it is coming out today. Nobody seems interested in discussing X L of W. lol
    There was a one page preview of Lives #5, someone posted it in one of the other threads.

As for today's issue, not that I am sure who usually posts spoiler threads and where they get their books, most people who are not waiting to get to the comic shop for a physical copy are waiting for their 'free' copy to get uploaded.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    There was a one page preview of Lives #5, someone posted it in one of the other threads.

As for today's issue, not that I am sure who usually posts spoiler threads and where they get their books, most people who are not waiting to get to the comic shop for a physical copy are waiting for their 'free' copy to get uploaded.
    There is no separate thread for Preview Lives #5, I've searched for it in this forum and couldn't find it. Nobody seems to be interested in discussing it.