Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Does anyone have ideas as to how Future Wolverine got infected? It seems he just pops a TO claw out of nowhere.

Also, how is he fighting off the Phalanx up til the point he gets depowered? What threat is a TO infected powerless Wolverine?

Just wondering what precedent there is for how this is playing out or whether I should just roll with it like a typical action movie plot.
    They show that Moria starts the ascension and humanity starts becoming being absorbed by the Phalanx just before Wolverine finishes teleporting (you can see the Phalanx lines on his face while the krakow seed is enveloping it).

So Destiny said she wanted Krakoa burned to the ground. And Moira said she wants Krakoa burned to the ground. Wonder why Krakoa still lives.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It just makes no sense. My main problem is i can't get into it because i can't find the logic behind it. From the little i gleamed and i admit is very little but i have read most of the review threads just in case something important happened the whole premise just makes no sense. So moira sat in the back and waited ALL this time just to wait until mutants were at the heght of power, the precipice of winning, and as hickman showed in inferno if Omega sentinel had not gone back mutants very much would have won. But now we are suppose to believe Moira who not only sat back but gave enough information that mutants were for sure going to win until history changed is all of a sudden now wanting to burn it all down all because she wants to survive? uh, she was thriving getting her coffees etc, The story just from the concept makes no sense to me.

And how did she go from leaving Krakoa, depowered, and essentially free to live her life as a human to being hunted. Why does Mystique even care, she is powerless it is all just so contrived.
    Bruh you are doing Gods Work...
    Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    id say the original hickman story had her being a villain, but more the mutant who wants to kill all humans kind. imo that's where it felt like it was going.
    Right? I was ready for that moira
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    So Destiny said she wanted Krakoa burned to the ground. And Moira said she wants Krakoa burned to the ground. Wonder why Krakoa still lives.
    The efforts of one extinguishes the flames of the other
    So we suppose to feel bad moira is now going after a group of mutants that never asked her do do anything for them because her feelings were hurt or rather she was hurt by one mutant. imo that's like blaming all black people if you had a bad experience with one black person or blaming all white people if you had a bad experience with one. It makes moira look pathetic imo.
    Lol!!
    GrindrStone(D)

I caught up on this to see what the heck is going on and it’s kind of bizarre. I’d often feel like I must have missed pages as sometimes things just seemed to escalate off page. Unless the last issue massively turns things around this will join X-Men Green, the last Uncanny X-Men and the Chuck Austen run as something you can read as a weird AU story where plot logic and continuity need not apply.

Not sure who the random Miles Dyson type guy is or why Moira just doesn’t hook up with Orchis if she’s cray-cray now.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 03-13-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I caught up on this to see what the heck is going on and it’s kind of bizarre. I’d often feel like I must have missed pages as sometimes things just seemed to escalate off page. Unless the last issue massively turns things around this will join X-Men Green, the last Uncanny X-Men and the Chuck Austen run as something you can read as a weird AU story where plot logic and continuity need not apply.

Not sure who the random Miles Dyson type guy is or why Moira just doesn’t hook up with Orchis if she’s cray-cray now.
    I think the reason she's not hooking up with Orchis is because Orchis just revealed itself to be pro-robot, and the plan is to have a robot vs transhuman vs mutant war.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think the reason she's not hooking up with Orchis is because Orchis just revealed itself to be pro-robot, and the plan is to have a robot vs transhuman vs mutant war.
    Well, she doesn’t know that. Only three helmet bros knew that and they died immediately after and have no memory of it, so Orchis didn’t reveal ****. Now she seems to be angling for Dominion ascension and the mutants losing, which she could easily have allowed to happen in PoX with no Destiny around in the distant future to stop her.

I was talking in a meta sense, not an in-character knowledge sense.

This is horrible. They have turned Moira into a monster just so all the mutants can dogpile on her... I mean, the X-Men should be trying to stop Mystique from killing her, but Marvel Comics want the X-Men to snuggle with the villain monsters, so they have to turn Moira into an even worse monster to justify Forge and Xavier and the Wolverines joining Mystique and Destiny and kill Moira all together...

This could have been a good story. They could have had Moira exploring different options in order to recover her powers or at least hide from Mystique, but they gave Moira cancer to make her desperate so she crosses the line...

Even with the cancer, she could still have tried other options... Jane Foster could call for the help of literal gods, the Phoenix, the Starbrand, several super-geniuses... etc... they could easily return her powers, or they could implant her brain into a cyborg body and send her to outer space, beyond Mystique's reach... Or they could just cure her cancer... Thor offered to cure Jane Foster, she just didn't want to use magic, but Moira probably wouldn't have the same qualms.

But nope, they had to make Moira go full villain... And the mutants still look like ungrateful bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    This is horrible. They have turned Moira into a monster just so all the mutants can dogpile on her... I mean, the X-Men should be trying to stop Mystique from killing her, but Marvel Comics want the X-Men to snuggle with the villain monsters, so they have to turn Moira into an even worse monster to justify Forge and Xavier and the Wolverines joining Mystique and Destiny and kill Moira all together...

This could have been a good story. They could have had Moira exploring different options in order to recover her powers or at least hide from Mystique, but they gave Moira cancer to make her desperate so she crosses the line...

Even with the cancer, she could still have tried other options... Jane Foster could call for the help of literal gods, the Phoenix, the Starbrand, several super-geniuses... etc... they could easily return her powers, or they could implant her brain into a cyborg body and send her to outer space, beyond Mystique's reach... Or they could just cure her cancer... Thor offered to cure Jane Foster, she just didn't want to use magic, but Moira probably wouldn't have the same qualms.

But nope, they had to make Moira go full villain... And the mutants still look like ungrateful bastards.
    And at what point did they give Moira cancer? We also have Xavier not give 2 shits yet in Inferno he seemed to care. Moira’s turn to full blown psychopath is beyond ridiculous. Plus de powering Forge or any other mutant doesn’t hold weight. They can be resurrected. Percy, Percy….

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It just makes no sense. My main problem is i can't get into it because i can't find the logic behind it. From the little i gleamed and i admit is very little but i have read most of the review threads just in case something important happened the whole premise just makes no sense. So moira sat in the back and waited ALL this time just to wait until mutants were at the heght of power, the precipice of winning, and as hickman showed in inferno if Omega sentinel had not gone back mutants very much would have won. But now we are suppose to believe Moira who not only sat back but gave enough information that mutants were for sure going to win until history changed is all of a sudden now wanting to burn it all down all because she wants to survive? uh, she was thriving getting her coffees etc, The story just from the concept makes no sense to me.

And how did she go from leaving Krakoa, depowered, and essentially free to live her life as a human to being hunted. Why does Mystique even care, she is powerless it is all just so contrived.
    This is equivalent of Magneto returning right after Morrison's run.

The X-Office never learns, once the fountainhead bounces the other's just throw their hands up and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And the readers a left holding the bag like a chump.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    And at what point did they give Moira cancer? We also have Xavier not give 2 shits yet in Inferno he seemed to care. Moira’s turn to full blown psychopath is beyond ridiculous. Plus de powering Forge or any other mutant doesn’t hold weight. They can be resurrected. Percy, Percy….
    Forge is now a human so how can he be resurrected? This is according to the new rules of Percy's depowering gun.

If Forge could be resurrected, so should Moira and she could get back her powers after resurrection.

There's a lot of plot-holes.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The biggestmystery for me is how Moira first lived all her lives trying to save mutant kind and now wants to end it all. Makes no sense to me.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Forge is now a human so how can he be resurrected? This is according to the new rules of Percy's depowering gun.

If Forge could be resurrected, so should Moira and she could get back her powers after resurrection.

There's a lot of plot-holes.
    Forge still has Cerebro backups. Apparently Moira doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The biggestmystery for me is how Moira first lived all her lives trying to save mutant kind and now wants to end it all. Makes no sense to me.
    I think the biggest mystery was her first life. Or better what sort of Marvel Universe her first life lived within. I mean I can get she did not know she was mutant till her rebirth. But nothing unusual happened in the world? No Galactus? No Stranger? No zznox? Skrull vs Kree? No Ultron?(just to name a few things that were not related directly to mutants action and would have happened regardless the presence of superpowered humans or not.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    It's quite simple really.
    She felt she was profoundly betrayed...after everything she'd done to safeguard Mutant Kind...
    By Charles and Erik for allowing Destiny to be resurrected (although that was entirely out of their hands but were culpable because of the way they treated Mystique).
    And then by Destiny and Mystique....the former who, after taking away her am and her powers, exiled her from the very Island nation she helped bring into existence and the latter, who insisted on hunting her down even after she was exiled and made powerless.

More than likely this is a much condensed and tweaked version of HiX-man's Phalanx plot-line that might have signaled the end of this Krakoa Era somewhere later on if he had been allowed the time and opportunity but...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-14-2022 at 04:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!