Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default X deaths of wolverine #4 spoilers and review

Sooooo

Omega Wolvie and Forge for the future talk in the future (?) Orchis goes against them. Forge make a Krakoan portal to the past thats how he.get here.

Omega Wolvie with his family (of the past) go after that scientist to kill the knowledge that kill the future.

Moira goes to Krakoa (in a horrid Banshee like costume) looking for Forge lab (the depower gun is shoot ) Omega Wolvie go after Moira who get Destiny .

But in the finale Omega Wolvie kills Moira BuT Moira shoot Omega Wolvie so he go all Phalanx

So 90's. Also Hate Moira.
    Last edited by DarkMagnus; 03-10-2022 at 07:25 AM.

They just keep doubling down on how awful NuMoira is. Poor Sean .

Did she skin Banshee? Is that what happened?

Also, the future parts were a bit confusing. So Forge gave Wolverine that seed and put it in his eye, but that's not when he goes back, he gets captured and lots of time goes by, and when he finally figures out what went wrong (Moira) he uses the seed to go back in time, to the present.

Are we sure Moira is dead?

Edit:

I guess this also confirms that Destiny and Douglas told Xavier and the council what happened with Moira? I assumed he just thought she was missing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Did she skin Banshee? Is that what happened?

Also, the future parts were a bit confusing. So Forge gave Wolverine that seed and put it in his eye, but that's not when he goes back, he gets captured and lots of time goes by, and when he finally figures out what went wrong (Moira) he uses the seed to go back in time, to the present.

Are we sure Moira is dead?

Edit:

I guess this also confirms that Destiny and Douglas told Xavier and the council what happened with Moira? I assumed he just thought she was missing.
    the amount of blood implied that's what happened

I highly doubt Moira died, she's definitely being set up for a transhuman upgrade. Maybe it'll turn out she has copies of her consciousness or something.

Extraordinary Member

This was so dumb but probably the most fun the X-books have had in a long time. I don't even care anymore about nitpicking things. Let's see Omega Wolvie in the ultimate berserker mode.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I highly doubt Moira died, she's definitely being set up for a transhuman upgrade. Maybe it'll turn out she has copies of her consciousness or something.
    I think last issue implied she had created some sort of backup, yeah, and this issue foreshadows it with Xavier telling her Cerebro has no back up of her. She was pretty much on a last ditch/suicide mission.

This is so dumb... Trying to make this "the next Hox/PoX" was a terrible idea.

This has been an ongoing issue with Marvel storylines since Civil War. But I am not a fan of how when they have these kind of storylines the writer feels the need to try to make both sides crappy in order to make the reader unsure of whom to root for.

This is an X-Men line comic so the X-Men are the protagonist and anyone against them is the antagonist. Moira is the antagonist as she is trying to destroy Krakoa. But she's directly trying to do so based on actions done by two rogue elements on the Council and yet the Council as a whole for some reason seems to be backing them for those actions. Mystique and Destiny have every right to be sore at Moira but depowering her and then trying to murder her is completely over hte line and they should be tossed into the Pit just like Sabretooth, Nanny and Orphan-Maker. Then there's the issue of whomever gave Moira the Krakoan cancer also should be tossed in the pit. But instead what we're getting is Xavier and the other making illogical decisions in order to alienate Moira so she can be the antagonist.

Then you have Moira herself and I'm not even sure what is going on anymore. We started with a character spending thousands of years trying to save mutants, then at the drop of a hat, now wants to damn them all because Mystique/Destiny have poor impulse control. But how she wants to end mutants keeps changing: In Inferno she wanted to depower all mutants. Then in she tells Forge that she wants to repower herself and restart the timeline. But we also have 10-A Moira who wants to upload all organics into the Phalanx. One Moira, three motivations and its like Percey kept forgetting he already gave her a motvation and just tacks on another one at whim for whatever he thinks gives the most shocking relevation for that page.

Inversely the part I thought I would like the least, the Techno-Wolverine, has been the most interesting part because his whole motivation has revolved around keeping Daken/Gabby/Laura alive.
    Last edited by JamJams; 03-09-2022 at 12:48 PM.

Incredible Member

This series started as an attempt to continue Hickman's storylines, and has devolved into 90s era comics of bigger guns and worst logic.

Moira has lost all nuance and become a standard villain. She even gets the Lex Luthor-type power armor to go with it.

Prof X (and QC) know about Moira's situation and the sanctioned attempts on her life.

Krakoan gates apparently work based either on visual appearance (why else would she need to go full cosplay with the costume, and not just the skin), or apparently anyone can now just have a jar of mutant cells and walk through the gate (since the mutant doesn't necessarily have to be alive to attached to the original).

Mutant nullifier, despite being the 'worst thing someone can do to a mutant', is still kept by Forge intact without any safeguards. Geez.

Extraordinary Member

Moira's motivation is just to live (forever or an eleventh life) and she is adapting as things change. Even now there might be more going on than it seems.

What is silly is that this (and that other one) have devolved into time travel goofiness that as the way things are going should never end up resolving because everyone should just keep jumping back in time to fix whatever is wrong. They made time travel as laughable as character death.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    This series started as an attempt to continue Hickman's storylines, and has devolved into 90s era comics of bigger guns and worst logic.

Moira has lost all nuance and become a standard villain. She even gets the Lex Luthor-type power armor to go with it.

Prof X (and QC) know about Moira's situation and the sanctioned attempts on her life.

Krakoan gates apparently work based either on visual appearance (why else would she need to go full cosplay with the costume, and not just the skin), or apparently anyone can now just have a jar of mutant cells and walk through the gate (since the mutant doesn't necessarily have to be alive to attached to the original).

Mutant nullifier, despite being the 'worst thing someone can do to a mutant', is still kept by Forge intact without any safeguards. Geez.
    It was already established in Xforce tat the muant doesnt need to be alive or whole for the portal to work. Remember when they used pieces of QQ (I think it was QQ it might have been Domino) to attack the island.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Exactly. Percy is one of those writers that reads something like Watchmen and takes away nothing but "violent and gritty is cool". He's the Zach Snyder of the X-men books.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Exactly. Percy is one of those writers that reads something like Watchmen and takes away nothing but "violent and gritty is cool". He's the Zach Snyder of the X-men books.
    Jordan D. White is even more guilty, as long as he is the editor in chief nothing will improve.

To be fair, they've been using mutant skin to infiltrate Krakoa since the first issue of X-Force.

I liked this issue. Thought it was great.

I am, however, a 90s relic. So I suppose I would.