Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No More...

Default No More...

If you had the powers that Scarlet Witch seemed to have in House of M (I won't get into how I feel about that story here) and you could get rid of one thing from the MU, what would it be?

I would say No More Time travel or alternate reality versions of characters. It seems like that's all some books know how to do anymore and I'd just like to see it stop.

That would be mine as well.

I would stick with the Original. No More Mutants.

...Events.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    If you had the powers that Scarlet Witch seemed to have in House of M (I won't get into how I feel about that story here) and you could get rid of one thing from the MU, what would it be?

I would say No More Time travel or alternate reality versions of characters. It seems like that's all some books know how to do anymore and I'd just like to see it stop.
    I'd get rid of AD/HoM completely.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

No more Hero vs Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    ...Events.
    Oh, yeah. This.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

…revolving door of death.

Also, No More New Abstract Entities. Seriously, how many basic abstract concepts are there that really need manifestations?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    …revolving door of death.

Also, No More New Abstract Entities. Seriously, how many basic abstract concepts are there that really need manifestations?
    Exactly, because where can you go from here?

Also No More CANCELLATIONS MID ARC at least finish the arc.

A bitter New Warriors fan MitchFox's Avatar

No More....

• ...Bullying the New Warriors
    • ...Massive crossover events
    • ...Hero vs Hero fights
    • ...Cancellations of comics before writer could write potential stories after the story arc
    • ...Relaunching of A-List comics
    • ...Mephisto harassing the Spiders
    Tumblr: http://oxymitch.tumblr.com/

MITCH'S FAVOURITES - Speedball, Justice (Vance Astrovik), Gambit, Jubilee, Rogue, Wiccan, Speed, Quasar (Wendell Vaughn), Quicksilver, She-Hulk, Cosmo

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

If I had reality warping powers like that in the real world, I'd use them in a more impactful way.

But if we're talking about the power only to change the Marvel Universe, I'd go with no more characters that were created before 2010 in any way, shape or form. No more Thor, no more Charles Xavier, no more Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, Reed or Sue Richards, and on and on. They're all gone. And their history is now truly just that -- history. Tuck all of that away and forever seal the sarcophagus.

But don't worry, that still leaves a ton of great characters for current and future writers use, create and develop. Until the next "No more."

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MitchFox View Post
    No More....

• ...Mephisto harassing the Spiders
    Personally I still want ol' Meph to harass the Spiders, but not obvertly, and only as a means to end. In other words, he has a long-term master plan for using them as revenge against his true target.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In fear of being "that guy", I can't think of ANYTHING that I'd want to get rid of totally. However, as was shown with "No more mutants", the vast majority, but not all, were depowered. Everything mentioned here so far would look better by having 90-95% of their occurrences be eliminated. My person favorite would be resurrections. Dead should be dead. But still the occasional back to life can work.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If I had reality warping powers like that in the real world, I'd use them in a more impactful way.

But if we're talking about the power only to change the Marvel Universe, I'd go with no more characters that were created before 2010 in any way, shape or form. No more Thor, no more Charles Xavier, no more Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, Reed or Sue Richards, and on and on. They're all gone. And their history is now truly just that -- history. Tuck all of that away and forever seal the sarcophagus.

But don't worry, that still leaves a ton of great characters for current and future writers use, create and develop. Until the next "No more."
    "No More any characters that people care about".

Extraordinary Member

"No more 'no more' references"