Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No More...

BANNED

I guess? I just don't get it. The back stories aren't interesting. The powers aren't interesting. But somehow they are the best thing Marvel is dropping the ball on. I 'literally' don't get it, and if someone can explain to me why, maybe I'll start supporting it?

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    If you had the powers that Scarlet Witch seemed to have in House of M (I won't get into how I feel about that story here) and you could get rid of one thing from the MU, what would it be?

I would say No More Time travel or alternate reality versions of characters. It seems like that's all some books know how to do anymore and I'd just like to see it stop.
    Bendis! Wait he’s gone so I must have the power. I’ll work on Aaron next then Marvel will be perfect.

There we go. Might as well just remove Bendis as ever being the writer too. Bam!
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Extremely powerful characters getting knocked around for no reason other than plot. Sentry, Galactus, Silver Surfer etc. These guys have no business losing some of the fights they do. And when they do it is written as a feat for the character who does the beating. "Insert character here" once beat/hurt Silver Surfer so he/she can beat this character too. At this point even Rhino tussled with Silver Surfer which is just ridiculous.
    Sadly it's not even that big of a deal when these three appear. They've been jobbed too often.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Bendis! Wait he’s gone so I must have the power. I’ll work on Aaron next then Marvel will be perfect.
    I'd like to do a little spell casting on that myself.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    …revolving door of death.
    This. A thousand times, this. As a young boy in the 80's, I loved Marvel because death and character change/growth meant something. Until it didn't and everything always reverted back.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    ... But if we're talking about the power only to change the Marvel Universe, I'd go with no more characters that were created before 2010 in any way, shape or form. No more Thor, no more Charles Xavier, no more Steve Rogers, Bruce Banner, Hank Pym, Reed or Sue Richards, and on and on. They're all gone. And their history is now truly just that -- history. Tuck all of that away and forever seal the sarcophagus...
    Who would that leave?

You'd also be getting rid of Sam Wilson, Carol Danvers, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Danny Rand, Marc Spector, Jessica Drew, Gwen Stacy, and many, many (many!) more.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Extremely powerful characters getting knocked around for no reason other than plot. Sentry, Galactus, Silver Surfer etc. These guys have no business losing some of the fights they do. And when they do it is written as a feat for the character who does the beating. "Insert character here" once beat/hurt Silver Surfer so he/she can beat this character too. At this point even Rhino tussled with Silver Surfer which is just ridiculous.
    I said I wouldn't want to see ALL of any category mentioned here so far wiped out totally as they can OCCASIONALLY provide a good story. However, this one I might go with 100%.

No More Jobbing Heavy Duty Characters!
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

No More One More Day.

No more aliens. Humanity is alone in all the cosmos. No more cosmic entities either. And I guess this includes Inhumans and Eternals.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    No more "out of character" story beats that are clearly not how they would act.
    Sure, everyone knows exactly how every single character would react in every single situation to dictate exactly what is out of character or not.

Also, it's not like anyone in real life ever acted in a way that would be described as unusual or surprising for them, even out of character. Clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    No more editors not doing their job and letting crap like "chaos magic is not real" and "wanda is upset over her kids when she got over them decades ago" in stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I think this one alone would fix the majority of current problems at Marvel. I know a lot of creators were not fans of his, but I'd love to see a Shooter-esque EiC come in and start enforcing editors to do their jobs.
    Pretty much. Frankly, these days I struggle to understand what exactly does a Marvel editor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Aside, what is everyone's FASCINATION with New Warriors? They aren't good or interesting, but somehow they seem to be everyone's favorite "maligned" team. If they were any good, they'd be marketed....
    Have you read the original New Warriors run? It was an absolutely great book filled with great character growth, which was then thrown away for a reality TV show and Civil War. Then the stupid depowered mutants and a canceled relaunch (which I don't have an opinion on because I wasn't able to actually read the book). The only respect this team has gotten in 20+ years was the quickly canceled Yost relaunch. It had potential, but wasn't given the time to get going.

Yeah classic new warriors book was great. CW was one of those "editors sleeping" with the new warriors, a team that saved not only the x-men and avengers but all reality and fought some big heavy hitters and even cosmic threats was a "untrained team" that lead to the cw event? Someone never read that classic run and just read the reality show series i guess.

Warriors never should have been used like that.

No more superman expys
    No more adding cosmic/meta lore to characters that weren't like that to start
    Sometimes it's pulled off other times it's adding abstract tier stuff to a street level character
    And for the petty personal choice
    No more black bolt only using his voice

No More Retconning dark secrets into characters pasts.