Default Cowboy Bebop #2 Review [Titan] (BDG Pick of the Week)

Cowboy Bebop #2
    Titan Comics
    Writer: Dan Watters
    Artist: Lamar Mathurin

Video Review:

This was my Pick of the Week from March 2, 2022.

The art in this book is very unique with very thin ink lines and solid vibrant colors. I'd give the artwork itself probably an 8.5 based on the uniqueness of its style. It has a certain rawness yet classic vibe. I really like the amount of black used within the backgrounds.
    The story for me is a 9/10 in this issue.

spoilers:
    The crew goes to this terraformed moon of Jupiter, Cyllene that was supposedly abandoned. They quickly find that it wasn't abandoned, but that the atmosphere has an incredibly high reading of nitrous oxide which has basically put the local populace into this euphoric state where they really don't give a **** about anything. The crew of the Bebop splits up, Jet learning more about the moon and its lackadaisical culture, while Faye, of course, goes gambling and trying to cause trouble yet it seems to be impossible to piss anyone off. Spike investigates for the mission of finding the man with the quantum vest of infinite luck. He finds out that there is a second one and the man who owns it will give it to Spike for a simple and low price of 200 packets of expired Firecracker noodles. The crew finally gathers up and decides to leave the planet before their brains are also overly effected by the high levels of nitrous oxide. As it turns out, another bounty hunter that was also looking for the vest had followed them down to the moon and was eavesdropping on the crew as they discussed the new development.
    end of spoilers

I love how much this book reminds me of the anime and I can't wait for issue #3. Overall, I have to give this issue an 8.5 or a 9/10. For the sake of being conservative with my reviews I'll go with an 8.5/10 just to leave those extra points for books that really blow my gasket.
    Last edited by B1gDaddyGibbs; 03-09-2022 at 04:46 PM.