Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Pretty much everything Claremont did to Polaris was an X-characterization twist for the worse, and she still hasn't recovered from it. Before him, Lorna suffered the usual problems any female character faced in comics at the time but she still had an edge of being more feminist (e.g. "I'm nobody's girl" "We should be more concerned with Prof X instead of who's taking who to the sock hop"). After him, Lorna became perceived as a damsel who hangs on Havok when she's not being possessed, mind controlled, humiliated or beaten up by other characters.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Pretty much everything Claremont did to Polaris was an X-characterization twist for the worse, and she still hasn't recovered from it. Before him, Lorna suffered the usual problems any female character faced in comics at the time but she still had an edge of being more feminist (e.g. "I'm nobody's girl" "We should be more concerned with Prof X instead of who's taking who to the sock hop"). After him, Lorna became perceived as a damsel who hangs on Havok when she's not being possessed, mind controlled, humiliated or beaten up by other characters.
    Was it? I wasnt a fan of Claremont's Lorna but she only had a handful of appearances before him. She was kinda ill-defined