Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Congratulations ed! I can't believe my classic Kirby cover did not get one vote. I will chalk it up to the plethora of good covers this time and not disparage the taste of the voters .
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-16-2022 at 03:59 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congratulations ed2962

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Congratulations ed! I can't believer my classic Kirby cover did not get one vote. I will chalk it up to the plethora of good covers this time and not disparage the taste of the voters .
    It was a tough week and a challenging topic. Thanks for voting for mine at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Congratulations ed2962

It was a tough week and a challenging topic. Thanks for voting for mine at least!
    Well deserved.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Congratulations to ed2962 for a Dominating Chaykin cover. It's a powerful visual representation of what such bold action looked and felt like. The lighting as well as the limited color palette add to the intensity.

Parachutes and the Peak of the Week where the captain prattle about what he's learned and what most of you already know. I will freely admit that I knew what a parachute was before the contest started. By the way, if any of you has the opportunity to create and race a Pinewood Derby car as the Cub Scouts do, a driver with a cape finds that cape often becoming a parachute and slowing the car down. Don't me how I know that. Anyway, what has he learned THIS WEEK! In a medium where people have super-powers and fly, teleport, and run at near light speeds, actual physics be damned, the parachute allows a mere mortal to leap from the air into action and enter the fray in a brave (or foolhardy) manner. The large, fairly simplistic design makes a bold statement for such characters in funny books. With a few simple arcs one can show bravery in style. What more do we need?
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?