Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

"Story of Superman's Life" Superman #146 (1961).

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    What bands from the 90's can we use?
    Backstreet Boys
    N'Sync
    98 Degrees
    Boyz 2 Men
    Britney Spears...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Backstreet Boys
    N'Sync
    98 Degrees
    Boyz 2 Men
    Britney Spears...
    Heh, you forgot Hanson.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think a group of people with the right combined skills would be far easier to find than a single person with everything you'd need.

Obviously some comic writers who know the source material, preferably ones with some experience dealing with adaptations. Morrison is a given, and while I'm not big on their Super writing, Loeb and JMS *do* have the required experience. And nobody will like this, but Bendis has shown that he has a clear perspective on a big chunk of the DCU and has worked with adaptations many times. Yes yes, nobody likes his writing anymore, but he wouldn't be writing anything, just consulting and ensuring the actual writers are keeping true to the spirit of the characters. He's more than qualified for that. And if you think he'd ruin it....he's consulted on Maguire's Spider films as well as Into the Spider-Verse and didn't ruin those.

Brad Bird is a good choice for directing some specific films too, great call! I dunno if he'd fit for a "Fiege counsel" role but I'd be thrilled if he tackled a Superman, Flash, or Wonder Woman project.

I'd probably want to have a conversation with Patty Jenkins too. Haven't seen WW84 but she seemed to have a great grasp on Diana and the Amazons in the first film, says Superman is her favorite character....maybe she wouldn't be a good fit as a Fiege, but she's definitely worth some consideration, from what I know. I hear 84 had some big problems, but I question if that was on her or WB sticking their noses in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    "Story of Superman's Life" Superman #146 (1961).
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Heh, you forgot Hanson.
    You are all deeply, deeply, unwell.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Possibly. Let's see what old Sam the Eagle thinks...

youareallweirdos.jpg

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Maybe an all Outkast soundtrack. That and G-Funk to avoid all the comparisons to The Batman and all that depressing grunge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Heh, you forgot Hanson.
    Of course! How could I forget the legendary "Mmm Bop!"?

Lmao

10 characters

BANNED

At some point, this thread became more about music than rebooting Superman on the big screen.

There are now rumors that WB Discovery's CEO is reevaluating the deal made with Abrams prior to the sale. As always, tons of Snyderbros are saying this means Cavill is back.

I think it's time to accept that what Superman needs is a completely fresh start. Even if you loved the Snyderverse stuff and Cavill in the role, he's not played the character in years and there hasn't been a solo Superman movie in eight years (sixteen years if you don't consider Man of Steel a Superman movie).

I say put aside the race-swapping (at least on the big screen) and go with a Superman who is actually new and inexperienced. Superman's origin has been revisited so many times (not just the Krypton part) because the story is endlessly compelling. Let's see a Superman movie that borrows heavily from all of Superman's origins: Silver Age, Man of Steel, Birthright, Secret Origins, Earth One, and Action Comics. Get a young unknown as CK/Superman and anchor the film with well-known actors. Let's see a Superman starting out with GA power levels who develops throughout the film. His first flight is as big a deal to him as it is to us. Clark trying out different careers until committing to journalism. Daily Star at first and Daily Planet later. Clark and Lois as rivals instead of co-workers. Jimmy as a guy closer to their age who's pals with Clark. Brainiac or The Collector of Worlds as a villain with an up-and-coming Luthor as an emerging villain who knew Clark in high school. Sam Lane as a foil that will complicate matters with Lois.

It's all there if someone would just use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    At some point, this thread became more about music than rebooting Superman on the big screen.

There are now rumors that WB Discovery's CEO is reevaluating the deal made with Abrams prior to the sale. As always, tons of Snyderbros are saying this means Cavill is back.

I think it's time to accept that what Superman needs is a completely fresh start. Even if you loved the Snyderverse stuff and Cavill in the role, he's not played the character in years and there hasn't been a solo Superman movie in eight years (sixteen years if you don't consider Man of Steel a Superman movie).

I say put aside the race-swapping (at least on the big screen) and go with a Superman who is actually new and inexperienced. Superman's origin has been revisited so many times (not just the Krypton part) because the story is endlessly compelling. Let's see a Superman movie that borrows heavily from all of Superman's origins: Silver Age, Man of Steel, Birthright, Secret Origins, Earth One, and Action Comics. Get a young unknown as CK/Superman and anchor the film with well-known actors. Let's see a Superman starting out with GA power levels who develops throughout the film. His first flight is as big a deal to him as it is to us. Clark trying out different careers until committing to journalism. Daily Star at first and Daily Planet later. Clark and Lois as rivals instead of co-workers. Jimmy as a guy closer to their age who's pals with Clark. Brainiac or The Collector of Worlds as a villain with an up-and-coming Luthor as an emerging villain who knew Clark in high school. Sam Lane as a foil that will complicate matters with Lois.

You are basically describing Superman and the Men Of Steel storyline which was the first arc in Morrison's AC reboot. I have said time and time again that THIS would be the best route to reboot Superman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    You are basically describing Superman and the Men Of Steel storyline which was the first arc in Morrison's AC reboot. I have said time and time again that THIS would be the best route to reboot Superman.
    I agree, though I would add elements from the other origins to the main "skeleton" of Men of Steel. Clark would travel the world before Metropolis (Birthright, The Odyssey) and also try out other career options (Year One) before choosing journalism and getting his first job at the Daily Star. We'd see a flashback to Clark's high school days to establish his past friendship with Lex Luthor (Birthright, Secret Origin) though Luthor is a scientist and advisor instead of a businessman (Men of Steel). Clark would also have some experience as Superboy (no costume but with the jeans/t-shirt look of New 52) but covertly as seen in Secret Origin. The Collector of Worlds is the main villain but we learn that Brainiac is in deep space in his skull ship, now aware of the presence of a Kryptonian (Secret Origin/Brainiac) he hasn't collected.

I like music.

There are now rumors that WB Discovery's CEO is reevaluating the deal made with Abrams prior to the sale.
    Yepee!!

As always, tons of Snyderbros are saying this means Cavill is back.
    Would be that something good? I think the Snyderverse already lost his oportunity window.

I am agree with that... and I must admit I like Cavill as Superman. But that bridge is lost, in my unexpert opinion.

I mean, really? It is that like... the amazing Spider-Man situation? The origin of Superman is pretty well known. Would not to be better to make an story of his first clash with a villian, as a starting point?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I agree, though I would add elements from the other origins to the main "skeleton" of Men of Steel. Clark would travel the world before Metropolis (Birthright, The Odyssey) and also try out other career options (Year One) before choosing journalism and getting his first job at the Daily Star. We'd see a flashback to Clark's high school days to establish his past friendship with Lex Luthor (Birthright, Secret Origin) though Luthor is a scientist and advisor instead of a businessman (Men of Steel). Clark would also have some experience as Superboy (no costume but with the jeans/t-shirt look of New 52) but covertly as seen in Secret Origin. The Collector of Worlds is the main villain but we learn that Brainiac is in deep space in his skull ship, now aware of the presence of a Kryptonian (Secret Origin/Brainiac) he hasn't collected.
    Him traveling the world isn't a bad idea but I would try to keep the storyline mostly the same. It has Lex, Metallo, and we even get Steel. All with Brainiac being the main villain of the movie.i think something like this is what Superman needs. And try to keep Lex at a minimum. Seriously guys we need other villains.