Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wakanda vs Lexcorp

616-Wakanda vs Lexcorp.

This is a scenario match. Whatever their current status in the comics (no idea, lol, sometimes they get trashed), both sides are raised to their default levels of power, wealth, and technology.

T'Challa is King of Wakanda. He has his standard Black Panther powers, but no "Lord of the Dead" stuff going on. Vibranium is an absolute go, however, as this is default Wakanda.

Lex Luthor is CEO of Lexcorp. This is default Luthor with his 9th/10th-level effector mind (or whatever level it is, basically, the smartest human being in the DC universe, or so I gather).

Both sides get supplied with a dozen gates, high-tech devices that can open up portals to the other Earth. The gates can be reverse-engineerred to build more gates.

* If this is a stomp for Lexcorp, give T'Challa his Lord of the Dead powers.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I feel like Lex's best prep feats have a certain Thanos quality to them. He seizes control of.some wonderously powerful artifact that already existed rather than building it himself. I feel like he loses here but could be convinced otherwise.

How powerful is the Lexcorp Warsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    How powerful is the Lexcorp Warsuit?
    Post crisis it had missiles that could knock out Wondergirl, but was generally inferior to class 100s without a kryptonite edge. Green Lanterns could pretty casually dismantle it, for example. It was also a gift from Darkseid post crisis, not something he made.

Not sure if the suit has moved on the totem pole since then but I don't really think so.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    616-Wakanda vs Lexcorp.

This is a scenario match. Whatever their current status in the comics (no idea, lol, sometimes they get trashed), both sides are raised to their default levels of power, wealth, and technology.

T'Challa is King of Wakanda. He has his standard Black Panther powers, but no "Lord of the Dead" stuff going on. Vibranium is an absolute go, however, as this is default Wakanda.

Lex Luthor is CEO of Lexcorp. This is default Luthor with his 9th/10th-level effector mind (or whatever level it is, basically, the smartest human being in the DC universe, or so I gather).

Both sides get supplied with a dozen gates, high-tech devices that can open up portals to the other Earth. The gates can be reverse-engineerred to build more gates.

* If this is a stomp for Lexcorp, give T'Challa his Lord of the Dead powers.
    I'm just wondering who else is fighting for LexCorp besides Lex and Mercy? I know that he might be able to get mercs, but against the Dora Milaje? It's no good having a lot of entry points to the other person nation if you can't staff them.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    I'm just wondering who else is fighting for LexCorp besides Lex and Mercy? I know that he might be able to get mercs, but against the Dora Milaje? It's no good having a lot of entry points to the other person nation if you can't staff them.
    Doesn't Lex have mercenaries and anti-Superman technology?

Doesn't he also have the technology to give people super-powers (even if it messes them up in the long run, lol, like he would care)?

How many supervillains have worked for Lex, illicitly, at one time or another? How was he paying them? Wouldn't the funds have ultimately come from Lexcorp, even if the money was then funneled through shell corporations and subsidiaries?

The guy's a trillionaire criminal mastermind, he's gotta have some muscle here and there.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 03-11-2022 at 03:42 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Doesn't Lex have mercenaries and anti-Superman technology?

Doesn't he also have the technology to give people super-powers (even if it messes them up in the long run, lol, like he would care)?

How many supervillains have worked for Lex, illicitly, at one time or another? How was he paying them? Wouldn't the funds have ultimately come from Lexcorp, even if the money was then funneled through shell corporations and subsidiaries?

The guy's a trillionaire criminal mastermind, he's gotta have some muscle here and there.
    Thing is, that means T'Challa can call the Avengers. There's a limit somewhere about how many external resources can be brought in.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thing is, that means T'Challa can call the Avengers. There's a limit somewhere about how many external resources can be brought in.
    If the thread is pitting a corporation against a country, I think spending money kinda needs to be on the table. There's also a difference between using your resources to hire help vs asking for it from friends. I still think Wakanda wins, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    If someone has taken a Lexcorp paycheck in the past, can they take one again?

If Lex has a rolodex of military contractors he's used in the past, can he use them again?

I don't know where to draw the line, I'm just asking. But the question of Lex spending money on "contractors" (mercenaries) ought to be on the table.

Has Slade Wilson ever cashed a Lexcorp check?

How many superbads are in the Lexcorp rolodex, having cashed Lex's checks in the past? Just for the sake of exploring this idea, let's say Lex can't call up new names.

Lex was the leader of various Injustice Leagues for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Lex was the leader of various Injustice Leagues for what it's worth.
    Were any of them under the Lexcorp umbrella?

Lexcorp definitely had a programme of creating superhumans in… I wanna say Infinite Crisis…?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Lexcorp definitely had a programme of creating superhumans in… I wanna say Infinite Crisis…?
    So Lexcorp would have at least that particular program, which Lex would not have stopped (even if it was supposedly stopped at the end of the storyline, lol).

Renamed and moved around to another shell corporation, reframed and repackaged, covered-up with new layers of covert secrecy, but yeah, no way Lex is stopping with the superhuman-manufacturing biotech research.

What were the results? Going to guess the "volunteers" got impressive powers and then exploded after 48 hours or something.

It was in 52. He created the new and short-lived Infinity, Inc., and then started doling out super-powers to just about anybody who could pay the asking price.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    It was in 52. He created the new and short-lived Infinity, Inc., and then started doling out super-powers to just about anybody who could pay the asking price.
    Yeah, and ultimately, the whole point of it was supposed to be giving him superpowers --- specifically, Superman's. The scientists who were executing the project claimed that he wasn't compatible because even they knew he was an utter sociopath that couldn't be trusted with Superman-level power. Of course, this infuriated him so much that he deliberately set off the kill switch on the metahumans he'd empowered, purely out of spite (and to draw out Supernova, whom he thought was Superman in disguise, only it turned out to be Booster Gold).
    The spider is always on the hunt.