View Poll Results: What are your feelings?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive

1 1.02%
  • Stupid

19 19.39%
  • Offensive and Stupid

73 74.49%
  • What are you talking about? Of course, EmmaClops is Hitler.

5 5.10%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default All-New X-Men #18: Offensive or Stupid?

I find it offensive. Does Hopeless even know the meaning of the words 'terrorist' and 'genocide'? Does he even know who Hitler was and what he did?

This completely falls on Hopeless. Nobody besides him is doing the HitlerClops nonsense since DoX was released. Everybody has dropped it. Even adult Beast didn't do it.

What are you talking about? SHE DESTROYED THE CLOUD!!!1111!!!!11

It's the worst time ever to depict (even mockingly) a fighter for the rights of a persecuted minority as Hitler. It dilutes real world issues where individuals known to actually hold Nazi ideology in high esteem are in the White House and are instrumental in passing executive orders discriminating against specific communities.

Fortunately, it doesn't seem like many people care much for this book at this point in time anyway so this run and hopefully this entire event is gonna fly under the radar and flop into the bins of obscurity.

Wow you guys really got your panties in a bunch over this Cyclops/Emma thing.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LocoSteve View Post
    Wow you guys really got your panties in a bunch over this Cyclops/Emma thing.
    That sounds like more fun than what probably happened.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That sounds like more fun than what probably happened.
    lolololololol!!!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

It's both. This whole Cyclops is Hitler thing insults my intelligence as a reader and it's incredibly stupid because everybody and their mother knows Cyclops/Emma did nothing anywhere close to being evil.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's both. This whole Cyclops is Hitler thing insults my intelligence as a reader and it's incredibly stupid because everybody and their mother knows Cyclops/Emma did nothing anywhere close to being evil.
    Danny Rand would disagree. They're clearly destroing Inhuman race by doing that.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It's definitely both. By using Hitler at all, the book reads as both ignorant and tone deaf. The fact that it doesn't make any sense with anything from other books is actually the least of the book's many, many faults.

On the plus side, I can already start filling in my "least favorite" votes for the 2017 X-book Awards. I mean, it can't get worse than this, right?

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    On the plus side, I can already start filling in my "least favorite" votes for the 2017 X-book Awards. I mean, it can't get worse than this, right?
    IvX has yet to wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It's definitely both. By using Hitler at all, the book reads as both ignorant and tone deaf. The fact that it doesn't make any sense with anything from other books is actually the least of the book's many, many faults.

It can always get worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I think Soule's no-prize of the Inhuman PR Machine aternative facting everything is a really good and timely one, it just needs to be on panel somewhere. It still wouldn't explain the animosity we saw from the X-Men themselves, particularly Magik, but it could at least help explain how public sentiment turned so drastically against mutants.

BANNED

EMMA LIED DOESN'T ANYONE CARE ABOUT THAT ?

SHE LIED...doesn't matter if her reasons were sound, she STILL LIED!!!

I for one am glad to see the truth finally revealed to the younger Cyclops.

Generally I feel like the writers deserve some leeway - people massively overreacted to Remender's gaffe, for instance. However, Hopeless really does deserve to be panned for this one.

What I find insulting is that memory of Mags and Emma. Like, "lets meet over the dead body." And of course "Mutants have two weeks to live, who cares people hate my face!"