Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What about that pilot tv episode with Adrianne Palicki? Is that out anywhere for viewing?
    Yes the full thing is online. Not sure what the rules are about linking to sites that host it....so if anything let me know if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^below's the intro more or less, set to the Seventies series theme song...:

Thanks for posting it. Having seen the other 2, this was the only one I was missing.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yes the full thing is online. Not sure what the rules are about linking to sites that host it....so if anything let me know if you want it
    Thank you my friend. I will see if I can find it. Not sure if they would allow the entire episode to be posted here or not.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Thanks for posting it. Having seen the other 2, this was the only one I was missing.
    ^^^No sweat!
    Bearing in mind those scenes are from a rough cut, the action, costume, casting, doesn’t seem any worse than a CW show. I prob. would have watched this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^No sweat!
    Bearing in mind those scenes are from a rough cut, the action, costume, casting, doesn’t seem any worse than a CW show. I prob. would have watched this show.
    I agree. I kinda liked what I saw in that clip. I want to try and find the episode.

Not long ago I had read this as a footnote that I found interesting about the first story of Black and Gold #1

The story "Mother's Daughter" has the same comic style and similar plot as the pilot episode "Wonder Woman: Who's Afraid of Diana Prince?". Hippolyta even has the same face as actress Maudie Prickett, who plays Diana's mother in the pilot, and Diana herself has the facial expressions of actress Ellie Wood Walker, who plays Diana Prince/Wonder Woman in the pilot.

Yeah, years ago I heard of and saw them before a few times (1967 and the Cathy Lee version). Simply awful!
    There are people who actually like the Cathy Lee Crosby version, George and Phil include it sometimes in those multiple Wonder Women epic gatefold covers of their's. I've seen it and I don't get it. Maybe they were trying to have their cake and eat it too by calling it "Wonder Woman" but with a lack of powers like the Mod Diana Prince era?

The 67 pilot is a travesty worse than Palicki's. The NBC pilot has a so bad it's good quality and fitness guru/youtuber Kali Muscle as one of Veronica Cale's henchmen.

The one thing the 67 pilot had going for it was a much better looking Paradise Island fashion look

Even a black Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    There are people who actually like the Cathy Lee Crosby version, George and Phil include it sometimes in those multiple Wonder Women epic gatefold covers of their's. I've seen it and I don't get it. Maybe they were trying to have their cake and eat it too by calling it "Wonder Woman" but with a lack of powers like the Mod Diana Prince era?
    I wouldn’t conclude they think the Lee Crosby version is good just because they give it a nod in their artwork!

The one thing the 67 pilot had going for it was a much better looking Paradise Island fashion look

Even a black Amazon
    Did you mean to say the 74 movie?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Did you mean to say the 74 movie?
    oops, yep...

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I knew of the Cathy Lee Crosby one, but I had never heard of the prior one, thank God that didn't get off the ground. ugh!

3 failed pilots. 1 that never got past the script...bringing Diana to the small screen really isnt THAT hard.

I like it (having not seen the whole pilot, just this clip), but only in the comedic, campy way I like 66 Batman. And even then I'd rather it be a bit more faithful, and not linger so long on the vanity joke with the mirror bit.

3 failed pilots. 1 that never got past the script...bringing Diana to the small screen really isnt THAT hard.
    I gotta agree with this. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have Wonder Woman in film than television/streaming and love the Gal Gadot movies (yes, even WW84, don't get the hate that film gets), but a couple more TV series in all those decades she got nothing wouldn't have been amiss. Superman had the 50's series, 80s Superboy series, 90s Lois and Clark, and 00s Smallville during his periods off the big screen, and now that his film career's ruined again he's got Superman & Lois now (and this isn't even counting the cartoons). Meanwhile Diana has the 77 series, failed pilots, and...that's it. And after Gal Gadot's finished in the role, will we get a Wondie series in the long-ish period before the inevitable reboot? Probably not.

But yeah, doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to do another Wonder Woman series. Maybe not the easiest, but no more difficult than any other superhero show.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If you have a link to it, I would like to have it please. Always wondered what the show would have been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I wouldn’t conclude they think the Lee Crosby version is good just because they give it a nod in their artwork!
    Uhhhm I didn't say that they did, only that they sometimes include her.