Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Greer Grant Nelson/Tigra Appreciation 2022

A 2022 appreciation thread for Greer Nelson, the Avenging She-Cat known as Tigra.

A new Defenders storyline, by writer Al Ewing and artist Javier Rodríguez, will recruit two MCU stars onto the team -- America Chavez and a Loki variant.

Following 2021-2022's "There Are No Rules" arc, Ewing and Rodríguez are returning to Marvel's Defenders with a new "Beyond" saga that begins in June. The plot synopsis reads, "It all kicks off when Doctor Strange sends a dire warning from beyond the grave! Blue Marvel, America Chavez, Taaia (the mother of Galactus), Tigra, and Loki (a variant of the God of Mischief who should be familiar to readers of Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard series) will have to assemble to defend reality itself! Their mission will take them to the very limits of space and time (and beyond it) as they confront questions few heroes have dared to ask and receive answers that no one in the Marvel Universe is prepared for..."
    https://www.cbr.com/defenders-new-se...z-loki-marvel/

Astonishing Member

Happy to see Tigra getting some spotlight, but the overall list of characters leaves a lot to be desired!

where is the baby? Still in canon?

I wonder how Tigra goes from the most recent West Coast Avengers to being on the Defenders.

I knew her from Avengers Academy. I liked her relationships with Pym and Reptil. Im hoping she keeps popping up in Moon Knight. I liked her new design in the Upcoming Defenders book.

I wonder if they'll go back to the bikini look eventually.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I've had all the issues of the Cat, Marvel Chillers and Premier (as well as all her appearances in Marvel Team-Up and Two in One) but the one book that alluded me until this year was Giant Size Creatures #1 the first appearance of Greer Grant as Tigra. Now it sits nicely on my shelf along with Greer's other earlier appearances.

large-4539965.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love it, but depending on how the artist depicts it (poses, etc.), um, well, you know.. outrage..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

I wonder how Tigra goes from the most recent West Coast Avengers to being on the Defenders.
    In Moon Knight (where she's been a supporting cast member since issue #4) William is "on a dimensional field trip with his Cat People creche-group."

That being said, spoilers:
    she's in the book because Black Panther told her to keep an eye on Moony.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

As in the last Defenders run, the team will be picked by Dr. Strange’s Tarot cards!

At least some form of it makes the most sense, A) what with all that fur, and B) the tail!
    (The costume in the new Defenders run looks ridiculous!).

I hope so, why would you cover up all those tiger stripes on a character named Tigra?

I also hope, although it's a long shot, that they get rid of the tail. She looked much better with the big wild hair and no tail, which is corny imo. Werewolves don't have tails, unless they're the type that are more wolf than human, but Tigra does not fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverScarlet View Post
    As in the last Defenders run, the team will be picked by Dr. Strange’s Tarot cards!
    Sounds like Hogwart’s sorting hat
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Sounds like Hogwart’s sorting hat
    More like the old "Mission Impossible" show. Or MASK, if you prefer.

Thoughts on her 90s series by Christina Z?