Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I was a reader in the 70s when Greer Nelson / The Cat / Tigra was introduced. She has always been a favorite character. I just haven’t been a fan of how they have treated the character for about 10 yrs now!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I hope so, why would you cover up all those tiger stripes on a character named Tigra?

I also hope, although it's a long shot, that they get rid of the tail. She looked much better with the big wild hair and no tail, which is corny imo. Werewolves don't have tails, unless they're the type that are more wolf than human, but Tigra does not fall into that category.
    Other cat people in Marvel have tails like Feral.

Actually, would a corset style costume suit Tigra if the bikini was a no-no?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Other cat people in Marvel have tails like Feral.

Actually, would a corset style costume suit Tigra if the bikini was a no-no?
    intriguing.

But if it were a corset, I'd predict further internet outrage, depending on how it is drawn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I was a reader in the 70s when Greer Nelson / The Cat / Tigra was introduced. She has always been a favorite character. I just haven’t been a fan of how they have treated the character for about 10 yrs now!
    Amen!

A couple of writers, particularly Bendis and Shooter, wrote her very poorly. Her early Millenium mini-seres by Christina Z was pretty good -- despite some continuity problems.

Regarding her new look in Defenders -- can't say I'm a fan, and don't think it will stick. Characters in fur shouldn't be wearing a sweatshirt! I liked the halter top she's been wearing lately -- it allowed freedom of movement without being so sexist (though I never really had a problem with her in a bikini).
    Last edited by kcekada; 03-21-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Are there any werebeast characters in other stories you could use as a template for how best to handle Tigra?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Are there any werebeast characters in other stories you could use as a template for how best to handle Tigra?
    Um, Turning Red

Tigra is so underdeveloped you could essentially tell any kinds of stories you want with her. Smooth out and modernize all the cat-people nonsense and their world, there's tons of potential.
    Last edited by Doombot; 04-18-2022 at 09:47 PM.

Ultimate Member

Kinda wish they'd focus on the fact that she's a mom now.

They keep pushing William into limbo

Astonishing Member

There is a reason for that. It's a very icky premise having her impregnated by a Skrull who has Hank Pym DNA.

Astonishing Member

CBR has a couple of very good articles looking back at the origin of Tigra as well as some of the inconsistencies with Cat suits worn by both Greer and Hellcat (Patsy Walker). Suffice to say, there is no way that Patsy's outfit was the one worn by Green in Claws of the Cat 1-4.

https://www.cbr.com/tigra-avengers-t...ion-werewoman/
    https://www.cbr.com/hellcat-tigra-su...nt-make-sense/

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    There is a reason for that. It's a very icky premise having her impregnated by a Skrull who has Hank Pym DNA.
    Plus I think there's the whole thing where Marvel doesn't want their superheroes ( with a few exceptions) to seem too domesticated. Hence the undoing of several marriages.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Kinda wish they'd focus on the fact that she's a mom now.

They keep pushing William into limbo
    Could be interesting because the child would be part skrull. Hey, if Wanda's two kids can be young Avengers, why not Tigra's son?

From what I remember, the Skrulls that impersonated heroes during Secret Invasion, altered themselves or shifted themselves to the point that even their DNA was an exact replica of the individual they copied. Which means Tirga's child with the Pym Skrull would not be a Skrull hybrid. It'd be more akin to having been fathered by a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    CBR has a couple of very good articles looking back at the origin of Tigra as well as some of the inconsistencies with Cat suits worn by both Greer and Hellcat (Patsy Walker). Suffice to say, there is no way that Patsy's outfit was the one worn by Green in Claws of the Cat 1-4.

https://www.cbr.com/tigra-avengers-t...ion-werewoman/
    https://www.cbr.com/hellcat-tigra-su...nt-make-sense/
    Well yeah, no claw mark in the chest!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well yeah, no claw mark in the chest!
    I loved that claw mark!. When Perez drew those flashbacks to the Cat (a character I didn't know at the time), I instantly fell in love with her (she seemed more bad ass than Patsy). I wonder if it was Perez's idea to remove the claw emblem for Patsy.

I was very annoyed when Don Perlin further streamlined Patsy's costume -- losing the foot claws and cat eye lens. Just as bad was when he changed the more cat-shaped cowl to be closer to that of Batgirl's. Hellcat had such a great look when she debuted, but it was just about completely lost by the time she left the Defenders. Even Al Milgrom didn't quite recapture the Cat look when he drew the Cat People story in West Coast Avengers.