Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Black Cat was originally intended to be a Spider-Woman villain. The Cat series did do so well because Marvel failed to put a good writer to do her series, like Gerry Conway. I never liked Greer as a monster character as it never fit her character. The Black Cat(IMO) should move on from Spider-Man/Peter Parker and branch off to other places like Hawkeye, Daredevil, or Moon knight. I felt that Greer might had found a place in the world of Spider-Man. If Greer wasn't made into Tigra, Hell Cat and Black Cat would not exist as we know them today.

Regarding the Cat People, imagine the idea of having Tigra, Puma, Feral (Maria Callasantos), The Beast, and Thornn working alongside Spidey against Kraven and Sabretooth's control over the Cat People. This would raise Tigra's profile in a positive light. But I want to see the day when Greer and Tigra are separated from each other. This would finally allow Greer Nelson to become "The Cat" once again in Spider-Man's world as a Police Officer whose Peter's close friend.

why must you constantly insist that EVERY character be paired with Spider-man??? It's really quite tiresome that we can't read a thread on anything without your incessantly droning on and on about Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tigra has a role in chip and dale rescue rangers movie

spoilers:
    even saving chip and dale later. She is joined by a dc hero! (so yes a marvel and dc hero in the same movie!)
    end of spoilers

So heads up there.
    She looked great in it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tigra has a role in chip and dale rescue rangers movie

spoilers:
    even saving chip and dale later. She is joined by a dc hero! (so yes a marvel and dc hero in the same movie!)
    end of spoilers

So heads up there.
    Not the cinematic debut for Tigra I was expecting, but I'll take it .

Astonishing Member

I haven't seen Wonder Woman II yet, but I heard that they dropped the ball with Cheetah. Since I always viewed modern era Cheetah as a Tigra rip-off (some ignorant people actually think furry version of Cheetah came first), I would like to see Marvel capitalize on Tigra's TV potential and show idiots like Jim Shooter and Brian Bendis that Tigra is a great character. The only possible drawback is that it would require some CGI for the fur. I'd drop the tail -- as I never thought it added to her look.

I'd love to see the show actually mimic her comic book origin where she starts out a costumed hero whose career is cut short, and then she gets a second chance as a different character. And then she is reborn as Tigra. That's pretty unique.

Not to open a can of worms, but I agree with Darthfury in that the Cat should have remained a separate character from Tigra, but that train left the station long ago. The Cat had a lot of potential, but probably should have been written by a more experienced writer than Linda Fite. Fite was fine as a scripter, but her plots were dismal. She had plot assistance by Roy Thomas in the first issue -- and it made a world of difference. Losing Wally Wood as inker didn't help either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I haven't seen Wonder Woman II yet, but I heard that they dropped the ball with Cheetah. Since I always viewed modern era Cheetah as a Tigra rip-off (some ignorant people actually think furry version of Cheetah came first), I would like to see Marvel capitalize on Tigra's TV potential and show idiots like Jim Shooter and Brian Bendis that Tigra is a great character. The only possible drawback is that it would require some CGI for the fur. I'd drop the tail -- as I never thought it added to her look.

I'd love to see the show actually mimic her comic book origin where she starts out a costumed hero whose career is cut short, and then she gets a second chance as a different character. And then she is reborn as Tigra. That's pretty unique.

Not to open a can of worms, but I agree with Darthfury in that the Cat should have remained a separate character from Tigra, but that train left the station long ago. The Cat had a lot of potential, but probably should have been written by a more experienced writer than Linda Fite. Fite was fine as a scripter, but her plots were dismal. She had plot assistance by Roy Thomas in the first issue -- and it made a world of difference. Losing Wally Wood as inker didn't help either.
    Gerry Conway would had been a great writer for The Cat series. I feel that Marvel should had placed The Cat as a reoccurring ally for Spider-Man as their personalities match quite well. As Tigra, it's really 2 different personas. Tigra could had been Marvel's answer to The Thundercats....
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-31-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    why must you constantly insist that EVERY character be paired with Spider-man??? It's really quite tiresome that we can't read a thread on anything without your incessantly droning on and on about Spider-Man.
    Spider-Man and Tigra has a story to tell. Linking Tigra to Spider-Man's world would do a world of good for the character. I want to see the day when Tigra is split from Greer Nelson to become her own character who has her own history. The pieces are already there. Otherwise, why would I bring it up?

Extraordinary Member

Spider-Man and Tigra has a story to tell. Linking Tigra to Spider-Man's world would do a world of good for the character. I want to see the day when Tigra is split from Greer Nelson to become her own character who has her own history. The pieces are already there. Otherwise, why would I bring it up?
    Anything with Spider-Man is going to sell. That's why they did Marvel Team Up back when. That in no way means a character who appears alongside him...no matter how long...is going to become more popular and be able to keep a solo series afloat long term.

[IMG][/IMG]

No they do not necessarily have a story to tell. You come into every freaking thread yammering on and on about how every character needs to be tied into Spider-Man. We get it man, you freaking LOVE Spider-Man. Not every one does and not every character has to have Spider-man shoved into their story. If you can't find a reason for a character to have a story outside of being your favorite character's sidekick, there's no story there. You seem to have absolutely no value for a character outside of Spider-Man.
    What good would it do Tigra to link her to Spider-Man? None. He already has a cat character with a loose, carefree personality. She would either become a replacement for Black Cat or Black Cat would be sidelined. Likewise, why does Greer need to be separated from Tigra? She doesn't. That character is not Patsy Walker, Hellcat. It's totally fine to say you dont care for a character and that you wish X had happened. There can always be a story to tell about any and every character, doesn't mean it needs to be told. Greer Grant as a character has progressed from the Cat to Tigra. There's so much to be told about her as Tigra. The Christina Z/Deodato mini series set her up with the ability to switch back and forth again and as a police officer. She's currently appearing in Moon Knight which can also work, she has a background that includes mystic aspects.

Wait. Did I read that Tigra and Greer are 2 separate people? And that Tigra can "de-fur" and turn into Greer?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Wait. Did I read that Tigra and Greer are 2 separate people? And that Tigra can "de-fur" and turn into Greer?
    Greer Grant is Tigra, not two separate people. In the Avengers Icons: Tigra mini series from (holy geez I feel old) Tigra was able to shift back and forth between forms. Since then she's appeared in Avengers: The Initiative and currently in Moon Knight, but I dont think she has shifted between the two in either appearances.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Greer Grant is Tigra, not two separate people. In the Avengers Icons: Tigra mini series from (holy geez I feel old) Tigra was able to shift back and forth between forms. Since then she's appeared in Avengers: The Initiative and currently in Moon Knight, but I dont think she has shifted between the two in either appearances.
    She regained the ability to shift back and forth between the two forms way back in AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT #38, but we rarely see her do it. These days she seems to consider Tigra her natural form, and uses it most of the time.

The United They Stand reference no one saw coming...