Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Then we had marvels archie--hellcat patsy walker who lasted over 200 issues and her spin-offs like millie!

[IMG][/IMG]

Over 200 issues and more then one follow up series makes "hellcat" one of marvels longest running female series!
    Good point, she was also popular enough to get invited to Reed and Sue's wedding, too bad she'll probably never show up in the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    Good point, she was also popular enough to get invited to Reed and Sue's wedding, too bad she'll probably never show up in the MCU.
    She did show up in the mcu,just not canon anymore.
    Of course she is now not in the canon mcu.

Astonishing Member

Trish was an interesting character -- and though she didn't come across as the Patsy Walker we all know and love, there was some similarity there. Honestly, though, I'd rather just see Greer/Tigra -- if they can stay close to the comic book origins (which they won't/can't).

Extraordinary Member

Correction- the first season of jessica jones is not canon as well since Kevin Feige broke away from marvel entertainment/television a couple of months before jessica jones season 1.

Walt Disney Studios subsidiary
    In August 2015, Marvel Studios was placed into Walt Disney Studios, with Feige reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Television and subsidiary Marvel Animation were left under Marvel Entertainment and Perlmutter's control.
    Jessica Jones (TV series)
    The first season was released in its entirety on Netflix on November 20, 2015, followed by the second on March 8, 2018, and the third on June 14, 2019.

Incredible Member

The Netflix version of Patsy would be perfect for the Thunderbolts because of her unique background but that's probably not going to happen.

Astonishing Member

It probably would have happened -- had Jessica Jones been produced by Disney -- and been more recent to tie in with events of other Disney/Marvel shows. I'm not really pushing for a return of Jessica or Patsy. I liked the series well enough, but there are a lot of other characters like Tigra that I'd like to see get some spotlight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It probably would have happened -- had Jessica Jones been produced by Disney -- and been more recent to tie in with events of other Disney/Marvel shows. I'm not really pushing for a return of Jessica or Patsy. I liked the series well enough, but there are a lot of other characters like Tigra that I'd like to see get some spotlight.

Netflix did not make the marvel shows.
    Netflix is only the Distributor.
    Daredevil (TV series) Production companies -Marvel Television,ABC Studios,DeKnight Productions (season 1)
    All under disney.

and

These are the production companies for netflix marvel shows.Production companies
    Marvel Television,ABC Studios.
    All under disney.
    Netflix Streaming Services is only the Distributor.
    Helstrom mcu non canon show on hulu that is rated r and that is under disney as well.

Jessica Jones (TV series)

Production
    Development
    Marvel and Disney announced that Marvel Television and ABC Studios would provide Netflix with live action series centered around Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage, leading up to a miniseries based on the Defenders.

Jessica Jones (season 1)

Production
    Development
    In October 2013, Marvel and Disney announced that Marvel Television and ABC Studios would provide Netflix with live action series centered around Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage, leading up to a miniseries based on the Defenders. Melissa Rosenberg was brought on to showrun the Jessica Jones series, to be reconfigured as a "page one do-over" from an original project she had developed in December 2010 for ABC.In December 2014, the official title was revealed to be Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, but that was shortened to Marvel's Jessica Jones in June 2015.The season consists of 13 hour-long episodes.

Extraordinary Member

When the first netflix mcu marvel shows were being made marvel studios was under marvel entertainment and marvel entertainment is under disney.
    Kevin Feige broke away from marvel entertainment a couple of months before jessica jones season 1.
    In August 2015, Marvel Studios was placed into Walt Disney Studios, with Feige reporting directly to Walt Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn instead of Marvel Entertainment CEO Isaac Perlmutter. Marvel Television and subsidiary Marvel Animation were left under Marvel Entertainment and Perlmutter's control.
    Disney does not make marvel studios films and shows either just like they don't make star wars films and shows.

This is from a few years ago.
    The real reasons the DC Extended Universe is struggling
    by Scott Harris
    It's no surprise that Marvel ended up under Disney right after TA as
    this conglomerate buys existing functional studios letting the
    creative team in place while they take care of the distribution and
    merchandising.
    People often forget that movies like Pulp Fiction, Good Will Hunting,
    Kill Bill and many others were all produced by MIRAMAX, a studio owned
    at the time by Disney Corporation, functionning under the same freedom
    as Marvel or Lucas Films, ect.
    That's how Disney do business with Hollywood.
    It buys working entities (Marvel Studios, the Weinstein, MiraMax,
    Lucas Films, ect...) and let all the creative rights within the
    existing team.
    Disney basicly acts like a banker opening its wallet to finance
    projects of existing studios under its conglomerate and collects
    revenues as it opens its distribution and marketing channels to them
    and take care of all the merchandising aspect.
    Star wars just like marvel is not created or made by Disney.
    They are not made by Disney studios.
    Disney funds,distribute and merchandising for star wars and marvel,that's it.
    They are not in the walt disney film and shows list.
    When you see a star wars or marvel mcu movie and show for example you don't see the disney logo in front.
    Last edited by mace11; 06-14-2022 at 04:26 PM.

I feel like Tigra would have been a better fit for the Midnight Suns book than Wolverine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I feel like Tigra would have been a better fit for the Midnight Suns book than Wolverine.
    But Wolverine sells books...and who cares if he is in 20 books a month.

Or Elsa Bloodstone...

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pretty much this. Blade might sell a few units, but nothing pushes sales like one of the most popular characters in all of comicdom. That this comes possibly at the expense of building up some of Marvel's less popular characters is an acceptable economic reality from the publisher's standpoint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    True enough...although, in fairness, Logan isn't in as many books a month as he used to be. He isn't even in the cast of the main X-MEN book at the moment. He's got his solo book, X-FORCE...and then any other guest appearances he happens to pick up elsewhere. A far cry from the days when he had hs solo, plus was in the cast of two AVENGERS books, X-MEN, X-FORCE and whatever else.

Astonishing Member

Tigra is a much better fit in the pages of Amazing Spider-Man. I feel that the character has a lot of story telling potential. I for one want to see Greer and Tigra as two separate characters as I want to see Greer as The Cat once again and Tigra her own character who can be flushed out.