View Poll Results: Who would you like to see more of in this modern X-Men era?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

32 32.99%
  • Chamber

35 36.08%
  • Monet St. Croix

44 45.36%
  • Synch

33 34.02%
  • Husk

50 51.55%
  • Skin

30 30.93%
  • Penance/Hollow

22 22.68%
  • Mondo

18 18.56%
  • Blink

30 30.93%
  • Kid Omega

7 7.22%
  • Eye-Boy

6 6.19%
  • Bling!

15 15.46%
  • Nature Girl

8 8.25%
  • Hindsight

8 8.25%
  • Morph

13 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Default Generation X Appreciation 2022

Hi, long time no see.

Does anyone want to help me locate the Gen X kids (both volumes) in Krakoa Era, post fan art, or just talk about Generation X in general?

It's 5 am here so I'm just messin' around with this list; if someone can do a better job, feel free to post. ^^

Krakoa Era Whereabouts:

White Queen: Marauders (formerly) -> Devil's Reign: X-Men

Banshee: Secret X-Men (one-shot)

Synch: X-Men

Jubilee: Excalibur -> Knights of X

Husk: Fallen Angels (formerly) -> X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #25

Monet St. Croix/Penance: X-Corp -> X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #21

Chamber: New Mutants (formerly) -> X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #4 (Cameo)

Skin: Various Cameos with Synch -> X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #25

Mondo: New Mutants (formerly)

Penance/Hollow: MIA

New Class:

Kid Omega: X-Force/Security for first Hellfire Gala
    Eye-Boy: X-Factor/Children of the Atom (Hellfire Gala)
    Bling!: Various Cameos
    Nature Girl: X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #5-#12
    Hindsight: MIA
    Morph: MIA

Honorable Mentions:

Blink: Way of X -> X-Men: The Onslaught Revelation
    Maggott: Various Cameos
    Gaia: MIA
    Shogo Lee: Wherever Jubilee can be found
    Emplate: Krakoa (has a job monitoring the level at which Krakoa feeds on mutants)
    Penance Twins: New Mutants (Cameo)
    Artie & Leech: Future Foundation

Previous Threads:

Generation X Appreciation 2014-2018
    Generation X Appreciation 2019
    Generation X Appreciation 2020
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-12-2022 at 01:37 AM.

One of the reasons I wanted to make this thread is to share this thing I've been holding onto, waiting to share with the Gen X Appreciation thread, since May 2018:

https://www.cbr.com/deadpool-mocking...eroes-gallery/

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

for me personally, this is the best X-team in history. I love all the character designs, creative superpowers and a wonderful team dynamic. Wished they would reunite.

Great thing is that many members of the team are at least often used through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    for me personally, this is the best X-team in history. I love all the character designs, creative superpowers and a wonderful team dynamic. Wished they would reunite.

Great thing is that many members of the team are at least often used through the years.
    Agreed!

The Krakoa era's been pretty good for most GenXers... Synch and Skin got to come back to life, Synch became an X-Men (and omega mutant), Mondo got to do some weird plant-merge stuff then went into space with Chamber, Monet is co-running a company with Angel, Husk is... well, around here and there. The M Twins were spotted and even Emplate has a job. Emma is making power moves and Banshee is at least alive and doin' stuff. Oh and of course Jubilee with all that Excalibur stuff.

The newer Gen X kids haven't fared as well. Eye-Boy's doing great from what I can tell, with a powers upgrade and important job on X-Factor, Quentin Quire continues to be annoyingly useful, but Nature Girl became an eco-terrorist and most of the others haven't been seen lately or only a little bit (Bling!).
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

A little morning Gen X love.

synched45245.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

I voted Husk , she has the majority votes as I send this comment.
    The reason I voted her is because of the unique power, she is a combination of Colossus/White queen/bling in diamond/ the Thing/.

Fantastic Member

I think Generation X can stand as a series right now if they will add X-23 but it has no mission statement right now , as New Mutant are the one who are still the younger X-men.
    Maybe combination of Academy X and Gen X is more realistic.
    Last edited by Mutant101; 03-11-2022 at 05:46 AM.

I regret that Mondo was not used instead of Black Tom as Krakoa's security system.
    Although his apathetic attitude may not be very suited for that.

For me, the Generation X is closer to the New Mutants than to Academy X.
    In an ideal world where the old X-Men would be retired, the main X-Men teams would be made of OG New Mutants, Hellions and Gen X, while the New Mutants would be a mix of Academy X, Gen Hope and WATXM. (and there would maybe be an even younger team with characters such as Sapna, the Saint Croix twins or Horny Blader)
    Last edited by mugiwara; 03-11-2022 at 06:08 AM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

Luis Laczky is a GD KING. This is one of my favorite pieces he's made.

Additionally, I would loooove to see Everett bring some of his former classmate buddies to the NY Treehouse for a tour/hang.
    If I had to pick two, I would want him to invite Jubilee and Angelo.
    Last edited by Fokken; 03-11-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Incredible Member

No love for Gaia

I'm happy at least Jubilee, Synch, and Monet are receiving regular use in the Krakoan era but only Synch is getting good use. I would definitely be in for a reboot of the original team with a new mission statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    A little morning Gen X love.
    Aww, how sweet. ^.^ Nice way to celebrate a totally random day in March! Of course, every day should be Gen X Love Day in my book, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I voted Husk , she has the majority votes as I send this comment.
    The reason I voted her is because of the unique power, she is a combination of Colossus/White queen/bling in diamond/ the Thing/.
    Very cool and she's still the poll leader right now. She definitely isn't being used to her fullest potential. She's more than a Rogue-ish bruiser type -- she's got book smarts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I think Generation X can stand as a series right now if they will add X-23 but it has no mission statement right now , as New Mutant are the one who are still the younger X-men.
    Maybe combination of Academy X and Gen X is more realistic.
    Why would they need X-23 when they have Penance/Hollow?

Though X-23 teaming up with Penance could be fun.

And I agree, a combination of Academy X and Gen X could work. Even if they had to call it Academy X, I'd still think of it as a Gen X book if all the GenXers were there as faculty/staff.

The older GenXers could take the kids on training missions and such, maybe. Though there would be a fair bit of "dealing with physical changes" classes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I regret that Mondo was not used instead of Black Tom as Krakoa's security system.
    Although his apathetic attitude may not be very suited for that.

For me, the Generation X is closer to the New Mutants than to Academy X.
    In an ideal world where the old X-Men would be retired, the main X-Men teams would be made of OG New Mutants, Hellions and Gen X, while the New Mutants would be a mix of Academy X, Gen Hope and WATXM. (and there would maybe be an even younger team with characters such as Sapna, the Saint Croix twins or Horny Blader)
    Or maybe that Mondo could help Black Tom out with it, considering they've teamed up in the past, that way it doesn't have to all be on Black Tom all the time.

Retiring the old X-Men is a great idea (albeit Marvel will never allow it). Can you imagine Storm retiring to her over-grown garden and other mutants occasionally showing up for advice? ;D Although in her case, she could still be the leader of Arakko, just not an active X-Man. I agree that in that world, the teams would be made up of the older teams like New Mutants and Gen X.

I'd like to see the St. Croix twins again -- I thought it was a missed opportunity not to have them as students in Generation X Vol. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Luis Laczky is a GD KING. This is one of my favorite pieces he's made.

Additionally, I would loooove to see Everett bring some of his former classmate buddies to the NY Treehouse for a tour/hang.
    If I had to pick two, I would want him to invite Jubilee and Angelo.
    Yeah, he's great, this piece is so detailed, right down to the scribbling on the blackboard.

NY Treehouse base would've been a great thing to show Artie & Leech, too, considering Everett and Angelo made a treehouse for them back in the Generation X days. It's like that, only way bigger.

NY Treehouse was a missed opportunity to have Penance/Hollow live there. I think she'd be uncomfortable with the idea of the island feeding off of her (given her past as Emplate's captive) and the treehouse would've been a nature-y way to just let her live in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    No love for Gaia :-(
    Haha, aww. I noticed I left her out as soon as I finished posting the poll, but yeah, in general, Gaia remains the forgotten member of Generation X. Some concepts have trouble escaping the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm happy at least Jubilee, Synch, and Monet are receiving regular use in the Krakoan era but only Synch is getting good use. I would definitely be in for a reboot of the original team with a new mission statement.
    Agreed, I don't care what they're doing -- like if they're supernatural investigators?? -- just reunite this team already!
    Prεtty Pεnny

Should’ve beens:

Vincente
    Bulwark
    Murmur
    Derrick Beacon
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

OG Gen X was the best team. Thanks for making this tread, Starleafgirl.

I voted for the original team, but I really would love to see more Husk, Skin, and Chamber. Especially Skin. So glad he appeared in Infinity.

Edit: NOOOO! I FORGOT TO VOTE FOR BLINK! I’M A FAILURE!
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Should’ve beens:

Vincente
    Bulwark
    Murmur
    Derrick Beacon
    I'm adding Nocturne to your list and saying that Emplate's Hellions definitely could've joined the school as a rival squad once they got them away from Emplate or got them to turn away from Emplate... I don't know how old all of them were, but we know Vincente was the same age as the Gen X kids thanks to the Generation NeXT storyline.

Prεtty Pεnny