View Poll Results: Who would you like to see more of in this modern X-Men era?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

32 32.99%
  • Chamber

35 36.08%
  • Monet St. Croix

44 45.36%
  • Synch

33 34.02%
  • Husk

50 51.55%
  • Skin

30 30.93%
  • Penance/Hollow

22 22.68%
  • Mondo

18 18.56%
  • Blink

30 30.93%
  • Kid Omega

7 7.22%
  • Eye-Boy

6 6.19%
  • Bling!

15 15.46%
  • Nature Girl

8 8.25%
  • Hindsight

8 8.25%
  • Morph

13 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Quire was created as a creep who used his telepathy to incite a race-riot, by Morrison, so he's, if anything, just reverting to type.

And I wouldn't blame Jubilee for the crap going on in X-Men Green. That's just inexplicably bad writing.
    This ^

Also, I feel like Gen X Vol 2 took place in some AU dimension. Other than Jubilee keeping her powers and Monet getting herself back (both of which could have been done with the current era) I don’t think a single thing from that run actually stuck. So much so, it’s honestly hard for me to count any of those kids as Gen X. It had no lasting impact on any of those characters tbh. Even Eye-Boy who (aside from Quire) was probably the biggest character in the students before the run happened.

So going back to the original question, I don’t anything those kids do reflects on Jubilee unless specifically stated.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Hey random question, but does the disturbing behavior of Nature Girl (X-Men Green arc in X-Men Unlimited) and Quentin Quire (X-Force 28) reflect badly on Jubilee as a mentor/teacher?

At least Eye-Boy turned out all right...
    Maybe she takes after Emma more than she realizes...lol...cheap shot I love Emma as a teacher but she doesn't have the greatest track record.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quire was created as a creep who used his telepathy to incite a race-riot, by Morrison, so he's, if anything, just reverting to type.

And I wouldn't blame Jubilee for the crap going on in X-Men Green. That's just inexplicably bad writing.
    +

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    This ^

Also, I feel like Gen X Vol 2 took place in some AU dimension. Other than Jubilee keeping her powers and Monet getting herself back (both of which could have been done with the current era) I don’t think a single thing from that run actually stuck. So much so, it’s honestly hard for me to count any of those kids as Gen X. It had no lasting impact on any of those characters tbh. Even Eye-Boy who (aside from Quire) was probably the biggest character in the students before the run happened.

So going back to the original question, I don’t anything those kids do reflects on Jubilee unless specifically stated.
    Well that's good, I'd hate for anyone to blame whatever the heck is going on with Quire and Nature Girl on Jubes, hah.

And that's good to know re: Quire already being a creep before all this!

The only lasting impacts from Gen X Vol. 2 I can think of are like you said: Jubilee getting her powers back and Monet getting herself back, both of which also could've been easily explained in Krakoa Era through the resurrection process, too.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Maybe she takes after Emma more than she realizes...lol...cheap shot I love Emma as a teacher but she doesn't have the greatest track record.
    Haha, cheap shot indeed. I was going to say "At least all of Jubilee's students are alive," but now everyone's alive (except for Firestar's horse), sooooooo...
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

A couple more Hellfire Gala 2022 designs, this time focusing on the M Family or the whole twisted tale of it... ;P

Penance/Hollow commission by beefcakeboss:

https://twitter.com/beefcakeboss2/st...29936190967824

The Penance Sisters by bradley a clayton a.k.a. @knifesystem:

https://nitter.net/i/status/1512538010759446528

---
    Now all we need is a look for Emplate...

================================================== ========================

"New Mutants" is getting a giant-size 40th anniversary issue:

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/06/07/ne...0-anniversary/

So they better do the same for Generation X's next anniversary. ;P
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-08-2022 at 01:50 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Hello, Gen X fans.

If you have a Pinterest, you might enjoy this board. https://pin.it/54MNSVH

Edit: loving the posts, Starleafgirl! Thanks for finding those.

Nice pics, though the twins should really be older. :P
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;

So where do you think the classic Gen Xers should appear next?

- I hope Synch is still a member of the X-men in the new line-up, but I wouldn’t complain if they ditched the whole Laura thing.
    - Jubilee to me should join Nightcrawler’s Legionnaries alongside Banshee and Pixie. I think she’s a great character to explore what life on Krakoa is like, she has great connections with the characters I mentioned AND she could probably add some star power to the Legion book.
    - Husk I think should join the New Mutants. I want them to explore her role as a counsellor/therapist to young mutants and/or new residents of Krakoa, so I think she’d fit right in.
    - I liked the little we saw of Chamber with the NM, so it would be cool to have him alongside Paige too. Plus I think NM should have a bigger mix of different gens.
    - Monet is probably the least likely to happen, as I would love if we got X-Corp done right. I want it to be like OG X-Factor where X-Corp’s field team would strive for a closer connection with humanity. They’d be based in the East Coast and would be about strengthening mutant relations in allied countries. While Marauders deals with a team fighting for mutants where they’re not welcome, X-Corp would be in friendly nations acting as benefactors selling the ideas behind Krakoa and actually working towards peaceful coexistence in the long run. A true mutant PR team, with the corporate aspect in the background. The field team would almost be superhuman brand ambassadors if you will. Cast would be Monet, Angel, Iceman, Dazzler, Northstar, Wind Dancer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

- I hope Synch is still a member of the X-men in the new line-up, but I wouldn’t complain if they ditched the whole Laura thing.
    - Jubilee to me should join Nightcrawler’s Legionnaries alongside Banshee and Pixie. I think she’s a great character to explore what life on Krakoa is like, she has great connections with the characters I mentioned AND she could probably add some star power to the Legion book.
    - Husk I think should join the New Mutants. I want them to explore her role as a counsellor/therapist to young mutants and/or new residents of Krakoa, so I think she’d fit right in.
    - I liked the little we saw of Chamber with the NM, so it would be cool to have him alongside Paige too. Plus I think NM should have a bigger mix of different gens.
    - Monet is probably the least likely to happen, as I would love if we got X-Corp done right. I want it to be like OG X-Factor where X-Corp’s field team would strive for a closer connection with humanity. They’d be based in the East Coast and would be about strengthening mutant relations in allied countries. While Marauders deals with a team fighting for mutants where they’re not welcome, X-Corp would be in friendly nations acting as benefactors selling the ideas behind Krakoa and actually working towards peaceful coexistence in the long run. A true mutant PR team, with the corporate aspect in the background. The field team would almost be superhuman brand ambassadors if you will. Cast would be Monet, Angel, Iceman, Dazzler, Northstar, Wind Dancer etc.
    Synch has been confirmed to be staying for quite a while.

Incredible Member

X Corps “ done right” might be a vehicle for Banshee to redeem himself “ in universe”. He’s been dumped on in our universe foe decades. As posted above, a way to align closer with humans would be valuable, and Sean is one of the few X men to have a career alongside of non mutants for decades. I am not sure he’s part of the Legion permanent cast.

Retcon Gaia as an External and dismiss that off-putting origin she has.

Make Jade Dragon be Shogo’s father.

Have Primal (I), Derrick Beacon, Vincente, Murmur, Bulwark, Wrap, and Nocturne (Warner) live at the Gen X House - the former Emplate Hellions all free from his control, Alan Rennie would be their teleporter.

Artie and Leech have been aged up and should be used more. Artie should get his mutant powers back.

Reveal Hollow from Loners as not Monet but possibly Yvette. Make her as originally intended - a Yugoslavian mutant with no ties to St. Croix family. Get rid of her Hollow form and reveal her true mutant powers.

Bring back the Rising Sons!

Bring back Cordelia Frost!

Give Mondo a proper origin apart from that clone mess.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 06-18-2022 at 04:20 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

Make Jade Dragon be Shogo’s father.

Have Primal (I), Derrick Beacon, Vincente, Murmur, Bulwark, Wrap, and Nocturne (Warner) live at the Gen X House - the former Emplate Hellions all free from his control, Alan Rennie would be their teleporter.

Artie and Leech have been aged up and should be used more. Artie should get his mutant powers back.

Reveal Hollow from Loners as not Monet but possibly Yvette. Make her as originally intended - a Yugoslavian mutant with no ties to St. Croix family. Get rid of her Hollow form and reveal her true mutant powers.

Bring back the Rising Sons!

Bring back Cordelia Frost!

Give Mondo a proper origin apart from that clone mess.
    All this and age up the twins.

Nice pics, though the twins should really be older. :P
    Haha, yeah, Gen X Vol. 2 was a missed opportunity to age up Artie, Leech, and the M Twins into tweens or so.

These all sound great to me. If they insist on trying to ditch the Gen X brand as too dated, they should integrate the OG Gen X kids into the New Mutants book, putting those two older generations together the same way New X-Men encompasses pretty much everything that came after (remember Young X-Men? lol).

Why not put their HQ in Europe? Like Budapest or somethin'. Would give the book a more international feel and, if their goal is international relations, would help this Krakoa outreach/business book feel less Americanized. Let's not forget that Monet herself is a European mutant. (well, going by her birthplace of Bosnia, lol... I suppose she mostly grew up in Algeria... but that's still international, lol).

Anyway, an "X-Corp done right" book sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    X Corps “ done right” might be a vehicle for Banshee to redeem himself “ in universe”. He’s been dumped on in our universe foe decades. As posted above, a way to align closer with humans would be valuable, and Sean is one of the few X men to have a career alongside of non mutants for decades. I am not sure he’s part of the Legion permanent cast.
    Good idea; he's not an American mutant, so if X-Corp is a PR team for the world (not just America), would be nice to see some non-American mutants on the team. Assuming all his contacts didn't dry up during the years he was dead, he's got connections among non-mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

All of your suggestions are great, but I especially like these two!

Hello, Gen X fans.

If you have a Pinterest, you might enjoy this board. https://pin.it/54MNSVH

Edit: loving the posts, Starleafgirl! Thanks for finding those.
    Very nice!

David UNIVERSO X MEN always brings the best Pins...

For instance, from that link:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/508695720422092331/

...And I'm also going to sneak in another Hellfire Gala design while I'm here. ;P

Designed by SSTArtwork: https://twitter.com/SSTArtwork/statu...40986952073216
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-24-2022 at 12:40 PM.
    Prεtty Pεnny

X-Men: Hellfire Gala #1 discussion:

Have you seen who won the X-Vote 2022?

If not, then stop reading this post. ;P

If so, then I've just got to say: Too bad Monet didn't win! Reuniting her with Ev on the X-Men would've been a great new book to pick up.

Still, the Gala wasn't completely devoid of GenX-ish moments.

Loved when Banshee recognized Emma's pissed-off-and-telepathically-roasting-someone face. Like... he's been on the receiving end of that before, as we all know. XD

And there was some discussion of Synch's powers as well as his love life -- looks like Laura's out of the running if anyone on the X-Men roster wants to date Ev...

It was only one issue this year, so fewer opportunities for cameos. I don't think I saw Chamber, Husk, Skin, or Mondo in the crowd and only maybe saw Jubilee?

Marvel also included a bunch of scenes with the X-Vote nominees that weren't in the actual book:

These guys whose names I don't remember:
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...284096/photo/1

Gentle and the shrinking dude:
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...033344/photo/1

Bling! and Surge bemoaning that they split the "youth vote":
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...397891/photo/1

Armor and Firestar:
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...819074/photo/1

Monet and Siryn:
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/15...747328/photo/1

Nice to see the two ladies from X-Factor hanging out at the Gala, but why was this the only look we got at Monet's Gala look this year??

Maybe if she'd won, they would've put more thought into it and included her in the actual issue, sigh.

Since Monet lost the vote and the Stepford Cuckoos aren't interested in the job, how about Monet host next year's Hellfire Gala? She's already been the White Queen (way back in 2016), so she's got Hellfire cred. Hellfire Gala 2023... sponsored by X-Corp!

Reminder about Monet being the White Queen at some point in the past:
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/who-...but-unashamed/
    Prεtty Pεnny

Just an FYI for anyone disappointed in the way the Hellfire Gala vote went:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/29/ma...onals-trailer/

There's the digital exclusives "X-Men: Hellfire Gala Confessionals" #1 and X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic starting with issue #50 that features a Secret X-Men arc. Both of those should have both former GenXers Monet and Bling! in them, along with the other "losers" of the vote, like Siryn.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Given how much meaty story Emma has gotten since the days she and Sean were co-headmasters of Generation X, it's totally time for him to be dusted off and get some play.

It's a boggler to me that he was traditionally considered the powerhouse of the All-New, All-Different team, with sonic blasts so powerful they could liquefy solid matter, to the point that he 'lost his voice' and was taken off-stage *twice,* and yet now multiple former teammates have become 'Omegas' and he's pretty much forgotten, and barely even thought of as a powerful mutant!

But I think he's been deliberately sidelined during the Krakoan age because of how his relationship with Moira would muddy things. Nobody wanted to write his reaction, so he wasn't allowed to have one...

Given how much meaty story Emma has gotten since the days she and Sean were co-headmasters of Generation X, it's totally time for him to be dusted off and get some play.

It's a boggler to me that he was traditionally considered the powerhouse of the All-New, All-Different team, with sonic blasts so powerful they could liquefy solid matter, to the point that he 'lost his voice' and was taken off-stage *twice,* and yet now multiple former teammates have become 'Omegas' and he's pretty much forgotten, and barely even thought of as a powerful mutant!

But I think he's been deliberately sidelined during the Krakoan age because of how his relationship with Moira would muddy things. Nobody wanted to write his reaction, so he wasn't allowed to have one...
    I'm more mind blown that not a single writer has found a way for him to be more interesting/useful in this era when MOIRA is the antagonist.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/