View Poll Results: Who would you like to see more of in this modern X-Men era?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

32 32.99%
  • Chamber

35 36.08%
  • Monet St. Croix

44 45.36%
  • Synch

33 34.02%
  • Husk

50 51.55%
  • Skin

30 30.93%
  • Penance/Hollow

22 22.68%
  • Mondo

18 18.56%
  • Blink

30 30.93%
  • Kid Omega

7 7.22%
  • Eye-Boy

6 6.19%
  • Bling!

15 15.46%
  • Nature Girl

8 8.25%
  • Hindsight

8 8.25%
  • Morph

13 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    OG Gen X was the best team. Thanks for making this tread, Starleafgirl.

I voted for the original team, but I really would love to see more Husk, Skin, and Chamber. Especially Skin. So glad he appeared in Infinity.

Edit: NOOOO! I FORGOT TO VOTE FOR BLINK! I’M A FAILURE!
    Hehe, np; yeah, with how much the OG GenXers have popped up lately, I thought it was time to have a thread for us fans.

As for Blink:

Aww!

Have a cute Blink as compensation:

================================================== ============================

Just finished X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #25!

Was nice to see Skin have actual lines of dialogue, chatting with Wolvie after saving him.

Husk also tossed Wolverine out of a building, haha (to save him, of course).

Here's a couple of images:

Last edited by Starleafgirl; 03-12-2022 at 01:15 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Love to see more Synch and even Sunfire in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Love to see more Synch and even Sunfire in the X-Men.
    Something you said in a previous thread got me thinking about Synch having his own team.

What if, after his successes in the X-Men, and as a means to explore his Omega potential, the Quiet Council gave Synch his own team?

I know the first one he'd recruit is Skin. Skin would play it off all cool, but he'd be honored that he was the first person Synch thought of.

After that, who knows? Maybe Jono? They'd both realize Chamber isn't up to anything at the moment, so he'd join.

Then they'd ask Mondo, since if that Hellfire Gala panel is anything to judge by, they've gotten closer with Mondo lately. In my headcanon, Mondo is helping Black Tom out with island security, so he'd turn them down.

After that it's Husk, because I also can't think of anything she's been busy with lately; she'd be working on some project on her super-advanced computer when they ask her, but she'd agree to join for old times' sake. She and Chamber were previously on S.W.O.R.D.'s space station, but since that X-Men Unlimited storyline, they're back on Earth, so they'd be available to ask.

Then it's Jubilee, who seems to be pretty busy in the Otherworld side of things with Shogo (with "Excalibur" and soon to be "Knights of X"). She'd say she's too busy to join them, but she wants to be there when he asks M, so she tags along for a walk with her old friends, probably end up talking about Shogo a lot. It's her new "When I was with the X-Men...!"

The group comes upon Monet, who is in an ultra-luxurious corporate office at X-Corp. She's got a pretty busy schedule (she casually name-drops a few important meetings, just to show them how important she is!), but she makes time for them, because she's curious what the occasion is for this reunion.

When Monet learns it's because Synch is assembling a new team, she declines his offer in her usual "I'm-better-than-you" way, then says, "However, Everett, let's see more of each other..." She gets uncomfortably close to him and whispers something in his ear that causes him to quite nervously agree, while Jubilee quietly fumes in the background. I'm not sure how Jubes thought this meeting was going to go, but it definitely didn't go the way she wanted.

After leaving Monet's office, the group heads to the Green Lagoon and talks a bit more until the inevitable question comes up of what they're going to do first. Synch just smiles and tells them their first mission is to retrieve the team's final member, of course!

And that's the cliffhanger for the first issue, which can lead to a month of speculation among readers of who they're going after, but of course any fan of Generation X already knows: It's Penance/Hollow.

Issue #2:

The opening scene is Jubilee leaving Shogo with capable teenage mutant babysitters, which is a great opportunity for a cameo. Maybe Hindsight and Morph, so that fans of Gen X Vol. 2 can get a breadcrumb of an appearance.

Once Jubilee had learned it was Penny the team was going after, she changed her mind about joining the team -- at least, for this one mission.

As for what trouble Penance has gotten into, and how the team rescues her, I'll leave that to people's imaginations. If it were up to me, I might have them face off against Ms. Fujikawa, who has weaponized Red Ronin (the new one, Namie), to pick up a plot thread from Hollow's previous miniseries "The Loners." Maybe she'd also still be harvesting mutants for MGH, now also brainwashing them... Vincente, Murmur, Bulwark, etcetera could be among her team of brainwashed mutants. When they finally find Penny floating in a tube, they have to wonder if she's brainwashed, too. Her tube is busted and she's accidentally released during the fight, so the question will be answered very quickly...

But it doesn't have to be that; the possibilities are limitless for this team's missions!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Cerebro Podcast has talked Generation X characters before:

https://www.connorgoldsmith.com/cerebro

Here's the highlights for Generation X fans:

Episode 003: Emma Frost (feat. Alex Abad-Santos)

Episode 036: Monet St. Croix & Penance (feat. Tini Howard & Kendra James)

Episode 046: Everett Thomas (feat. Kendra James)

Episode 048: Paige Guthrie (feat. Karen Charm)

Episode 053: Angelo Espinosa (feat. Terry Blas)

Episode 054: Theresa Rourke Cassidy (feat. Valentine Smith)

Episode 071: Jono Starsmore (feat. Kat Overland)

Vol. 2:

Episode 043: Roxy Washington (feat. Stephanie Williams)

I don't remember all of the Generation X Vol. 2 characters' real names, feel free to post if you recognize any others in that podcast list.
    Prεtty Pεnny

I def. wanna see more of Husk. We were teased with her being included on the Mother Mold Mission in HOX #4 and dying immediately. And her "Fallen Angels" appearance, like that entire mini-series, gave NOTHING. I wanna see Husk in action. I want to see what she's capable of after going through the Resurrection Protocols. I also would like to see more focus on the Guthries-a true mutant family.
    Mutant and Proud!

Astonishing Member

Skin. Mexicans are a rarity in the MU.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I def. wanna see more of Husk. We were teased with her being included on the Mother Mold Mission in HOX #4 and dying immediately. And her "Fallen Angels" appearance, like that entire mini-series, gave NOTHING. I wanna see Husk in action. I want to see what she's capable of after going through the Resurrection Protocols. I also would like to see more focus on the Guthries-a true mutant family.
    Seems the poll would agree with you -- Husk is the highest profile GenXer who is being underused in the Krakoa era. I personally think she deserves to be on a team, not just serving as some other team's support character (with cameo appearances here and there).

Yeah, I'd like to see the Guthries gather for something other than a death ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

There's also Marisol Guerra a.k.a. Flourish, but last I recall, she went back home to help her community rather than be an X-Student.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I like that she's so versatile. A quick 'husking' and she's in a new form, suited to whatever the challenge-of-the-minute is. I like characters that have a lot of variability and can adapt to different forms, and aren't always doing the same thing.

And yeah, the Guthrie family has potential. Are they all on Krakoa? Jay and Paige and Melody have been seen there. Sam's on Chandilar. Jed with his whatever-they-are cold blue lightning-plasma thing (which could have been an illusion, for all we know), hasn't really been explored. Elizabeth was the size-changer Amazon, in the Age of Apocalypse, but AFAIK isn't a mutant (yet) in 616. And that leaves Lewis, Cissie, Joelle and the unnamed tenth daughter... Plus mom. She should be allowed to live on Krakoa, even as a human, like Northstar's husband or Shogo!

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Hehe, np; yeah, with how much the OG GenXers have popped up lately, I thought it was time to have a thread for us fans.

As for Blink:

Aww!

Have a cute Blink as compensation:

================================================== ============================

Just finished X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #25!

Was nice to see Skin have actual lines of dialogue, chatting with Wolvie after saving him.

Husk also tossed Wolverine out of a building, haha (to save him, of course).

Here's a couple of images:
    lol Thank you. I appreciate the cute Blink.

What a nice treat that was being able to see Husk AND SKIN in one comic again.

I agree and they are indeed, but Angelo is Puerto Rican.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Skin isnt Mexican

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like that she's so versatile. A quick 'husking' and she's in a new form, suited to whatever the challenge-of-the-minute is. I like characters that have a lot of variability and can adapt to different forms, and aren't always doing the same thing.

And yeah, the Guthrie family has potential. Are they all on Krakoa? Jay and Paige and Melody have been seen there. Sam's on Chandilar. Jed with his whatever-they-are cold blue lightning-plasma thing (which could have been an illusion, for all we know), hasn't really been explored. Elizabeth was the size-changer Amazon, in the Age of Apocalypse, but AFAIK isn't a mutant (yet) in 616. And that leaves Lewis, Cissie, Joelle and the unnamed tenth daughter... Plus mom. She should be allowed to live on Krakoa, even as a human, like Northstar's husband or Shogo!
    That's very true! She doesn't JUST have a diamond form or JUST an organic steel form, etc. I wanna see her in beautiful and strange new forms, drawn well.

Gosh, I'd forgotten just how many Guthries there really are. I'll say that Sam showed up briefly in X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic in order to help save Paige. Other than that, I'm not sure who else is hanging out around Krakoa, other than what you already said.

lol Thank you. I appreciate the cute Blink.

What a nice treat that was being able to see Husk AND SKIN in one comic again.
    Indeed! Chamber was in the same storyline, but an earlier issue.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic has been good for GenXers. There's a storyline that Monet popped up in as well as one where Banshee, Black Tom, and Siryn all appear.

I agree and they are indeed, but Angelo is Puerto Rican.
    Well, there you go then. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I had to go with the original team, I loved that series when it was first published.

Mighty Member

While Skin is not you have Rictor, Velocidad , Flourish, and Egg.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Gabri...lo_(Earth-616)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Fabio_Medina_(Earth-616)

Astonishing Member

I have memories of Skin being Mexican. Was he retconned as Puerto Rican or was he always Puerto Rican?

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Indeed! Chamber was in the same storyline, but an earlier issue.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic has been good for GenXers. There's a storyline that Monet popped up in as well as one where Banshee, Black Tom, and Siryn all appear.

Well, there you go then. ;D
    Really? With Monet? I have to go back to that one. I honestly wasn’t expecting to see these characters pop up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I had to go with the original team, I loved that series when it was first published.
    It was some good stuff. For a good chunk anyway.

I have memories of Skin being Mexican. Was he retconned as Puerto Rican or was he always Puerto Rican?
    He was always Puerto Rican. I forgot where but it was stated in Generation X. I’ll have to track it down at some point in the distant future.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”