View Poll Results: Who would you like to see more of in this modern X-Men era?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jubilee

32 32.99%
  • Chamber

35 36.08%
  • Monet St. Croix

44 45.36%
  • Synch

33 34.02%
  • Husk

50 51.55%
  • Skin

30 30.93%
  • Penance/Hollow

22 22.68%
  • Mondo

18 18.56%
  • Blink

30 30.93%
  • Kid Omega

7 7.22%
  • Eye-Boy

6 6.19%
  • Bling!

15 15.46%
  • Nature Girl

8 8.25%
  • Hindsight

8 8.25%
  • Morph

13 13.40%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sean, as drawn by Joe Mad during the Phalanx Covenant, was a part of my sexual awakening in my youth. There's one panel where he's putting on a shirt, and all I can remember is "abs abs abs."

As such, Sean does always have a special place on my "favorite characters" list.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm more mind blown that not a single writer has found a way for him to be more interesting/useful in this era when MOIRA is the antagonist.
    The idea of his actual character terrifies Marvel, I'm pretty sure. What would the real Banshee, as written up until the year 2000, or so, have made of his treatment over years? Not just by Moira, but by Xavier and Magneto.

His history with Magneto and Xavier is fascinating in itself, and as someone already mentioned his power, which has been hugely downgraded over the years, used to be impressive. So much so he was the one member of the ANAD team who worried Magneto.

The way he's been dropped in power, importance and character over the last 25 years appalls me and I'm just about sick of it.

He should, without doubt, have been the one person who was front and centre throughout this whole new era. But he's reduced to being nothing more than a punching bag or wallpaper at best, or to being written as a cowardly shadow of his former self. For example, running away from Wolverine, or not being heavily involved in looking into his daughter's series of deaths.

Okay, he's kind of back now, but yet again he looks like being some kind of bloody zombie, or under somebody else's control. I hope that this might be the start of some kind of redemption arc, and I hope it leads to him being used properly and more often. But I don't think that's too likely, my view is he's just going to be used when they need some character to take a beating from some pathetic character not fit to lace his boots.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Okay, he's kind of back now, but yet again he looks like being some kind of bloody zombie, or under somebody else's control. I hope that this might be the start of some kind of redemption arc, and I hope it leads to him being used properly and more often. But I don't think that's too likely, my view is he's just going to be used when they need some character to take a beating from some pathetic character not fit to lace his boots.
    Have you seen what the latest status update for Banshee has been? Poor Sean... XD It's in "Legion of X," I believe...

Anyway, just wanted to say Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to Gen X Appreciation 2022 as we close out the year.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Incredible Member

Banshee’s Legion of x transformation doesn’t feel permanent to me…it’s too bizarre. A power upgrade, and connection to the mystical origins of his name, and a new outfit would be welcome.
    Then, back to the proper x team for a featured run!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Banshee’s Legion of x transformation doesn’t feel permanent to me…it’s too bizarre. A power upgrade, and connection to the mystical origins of his name, and a new outfit would be welcome.
    Then, back to the proper x team for a featured run!
    It's definitely bizarre, kind of reminds me of when Siryn was the Goddess of Death, though that lasted a while.

Your plan sounds good, let's get him on a proper X-Men team.

Meanwhile, I dunno if I missed much this year with Generation X, but I did notice this Gen X reunion:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men...Comic_Vol_1_41

It's on the occasion of Jubilee's birthday, haha. Nice to see friends show up for her.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007