Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    As an aside, I love how Saitama has resistance to that just... because.
    Head canon is that his forehead is so shiny, it just bounces it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Now i wonder if Saitama and Vargas are related somehow.

Last edited by Muadib; 03-11-2022 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post

You mean perfectly peak human Vargas?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Head canon is that his forehead is so shiny, it just bounces it.
    Yup, it's required:

head cannon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post

Vargas only wishes he could be as perfectly peaky as Saitama.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You mean perfectly peak human Vargas?
    Is there any other kind? I should have named one of my sons "Vargas" just for the peakiness.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Since no one else is familiar with Match 01, figured I'd give my take.

Sechs, Zekka and Alita are all fast enough that they should be in his league speed-wise. He is certainly likely a bit stronger than them with his centipede splitting feat, though Zekka has his feat of splitting a planetoid and Sechs is pretty much his exact physical equal because they have the same body so it's likely not far off. Toji can likely interact with the fight but is still too slow to keep up cleanly, which is wild given his size.

Also, for once, Garou is likely not capable of wildly outskilling them. All three are absolute martial arts prodigies of the highest degree with ridiculous learning curves and gimmicks. Sechs and Alita also both have Panzer Kunst stills which will help them get through Garou's stupid durability.

In terms of strategy, they basically have a M.A.D option out the gate in Zekka's Dragon Slayer Fist. If Alita and Sechs run interference, then Zekka will use his antimatter punch and everyone dies in the process. However, if Zekka isn't feeling particularly suicidal, then this becomes a lot more drawn out.

Zazie and Rakan are, unfortunately, so much dead weight here. Rakan is pretty high multimach, especially with his rings removed, but he's not fast enough to matter and Zazie is high end bullet timer only. She could, if she's smart, lay a trap and try and tag Garou with a berserker round, which would be game right there, but that's a long shot and he's more likely to redirect it at someone else.

All in all, they can beat him but it's gonna take some doing.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Ok. So surely Garou isn't lacking in striking power now, is he?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Definitely not, my guy hits exceptionally hard

Garou hits incredibly hard. It's just not really at the same level as what Ban, Escanor, Meliodas and Tatsumaki (to name a couple) can dish out.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

He hit the Earth so hard that it pushed out the other side of the planet far enough to smack an airplane in-flight. Probably the only reason that isn't planet busting is by narrative fiat. It's at least very close, and definitely beyond anything Tatsumaki has done.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He hit the Earth so hard that it pushed out the other side of the planet far enough to smack an airplane in-flight. Probably the only reason that isn't planet busting is by narrative fiat. It's at least very close, and definitely beyond anything Tatsumaki has done.
    Yeah, I actually wrote that before reading 166. Which I just read, so...

Garou with his latest two real-time powerups (including growing two additional arms) coming the the fight with Saitama builds up an attack that hits to hard that it causes massive tectonic issues on the planet. It causes the planet to bulge. And, it threatens other dimensions, according to the only person we know of here who can mess with dimensions like that (Blast).

Saitama facetanks this to play with Garou, and is completely unharmed.

Garou, for all his speed, power and technique, is then hapless as Saitama peppers him with normal punches, culminating with one that knocks him through a number of mountains that popped up from the tectonic upheavals. Garou again tries to attack, Saitama, no longer playing around, casually catches it with one hand, pleads with Garou to stop because he must know that he can't win. Now they are chatting.

The previous "issue" also has a funny scene which may well give Saitama FTL reflexes, though it is a bit of a joke scene. Saitama gets mad that he can't see the back of his head in the mirror, so he turns around so fast that, legend has it, he DOES see the back of his head in the mirror.

Saitama finally confirmed to be as strong as Master Ken

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Yeah, I actually wrote that before reading 166. Which I just read, so...

Garou with his latest two real-time powerups (including growing two additional arms) coming the the fight with Saitama builds up an attack that hits to hard that it causes massive tectonic issues on the planet. It causes the planet to bulge. And, it threatens other dimensions, according to the only person we know of here who can mess with dimensions like that (Blast).

Saitama facetanks this to play with Garou, and is completely unharmed.

Garou, for all his speed, power and technique, is then hapless as Saitama peppers him with normal punches, culminating with one that knocks him through a number of mountains that popped up from the tectonic upheavals. Garou again tries to attack, Saitama, no longer playing around, casually catches it with one hand, pleads with Garou to stop because he must know that he can't win. Now they are chatting.

The previous "issue" also has a funny scene which may well give Saitama FTL reflexes, though it is a bit of a joke scene. Saitama gets mad that he can't see the back of his head in the mirror, so he turns around so fast that, legend has it, he DOES see the back of his head in the mirror.
    I didn't catch the speed where. Which issue was this in?

Saitama no selling Garou's attack also definitely puts him into planet buster territory. He's reaching the point where even the big name Western comics class 100s probably aren't as tough.

I didn't catch the speed where. Which issue was this in?

Saitama no selling Garou's attack also definitely puts him into planet buster territory. He's reaching the point where even the big name Western comics class 100s probably aren't as tough.
    it's a between chapters .5 bit. Just before the current chapter. Saitama, still training, wants to see if his hair is falling out but he only has one mirror, so he tries to spin around real fast to catch his own reflection in it, and the comic ends by suggesting that "they say" he accomplished it that day. He wouldn't need to be FTL though, since the light has to travel further than his head, just like pretty high sublight.