Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default A Pre-emptive and Perhaps Ultimately Misguided Gauntlet for Garou

So, with the impending spectacle of Saitama and Garou happening in the Murata manga within the next couple of weeks, I figured I should indulge my id and just make a pre-emptive Rumble now.

Garou takes on a gauntlet of heroic(?) foes to see if he can reign supreme over all worlds as the true master of terror.

Location: All matches take place in a largely desolated area of Northern Siberia. This area has been encased within a completely unbreakable Perfect Cube Kekkai shield that stretches 80 KM up into the atmosphere and 80 KM down into the bowels of the earth. No space-tossing. All combatants are dimensionally locked to this plane so BFR is completely off the table.

All combatants start of 40 KM apart pointed toward each other. Win or lose, Garou will be healed after each match and will proceed to the next.

Round 01) - The United Front of the Space Angels and Space Karate Forces

The greatest warriors of the Z.O.T.T (Battle Angel Alita: Last Order) come forth to battle.

- Alita - (Full Tunguska/Imaginos 2.0 body)
    - Sechs - (Perfected Fizziroy body)
    - Zazie - (She has all munitions demonstrated throughout the Z.O.T.T)
    - Zekka
    - Toji
    - Rakan

Round 02) - Team Dysfunctional Psychics

A bunch of irate psychic teenagers want to own this poser.

- Tetsuo Shima - (Taken from when his powers were under his control in Volume 6 of the AKIRA manga)
    - "Tornado of Terror" Tatsumaki - (Full power, no brain damage)
    - Kamui Shiro - (X/1999 manga version)
    - Jean Grey - (No Phoenix Force, Jean is not allowed to use her telepathy offensively)
    - Lucy - (Elfin Leid manga version)
    - Grana - (Psyren manga version) - I feel like only me and Siriel will remember this dude lol.

Round 03) - The Seven Deadly Sins

Yep, it's just the Knights of Liones getting in on the action. All members are endgame level in power. We shall say the fight commences at 10 minutes until high noon. All Sins have their sacred treasures. Merlin is not able to teleport anyone outside of the big Perfect Cube encasing the arena.

- Dragon's Sin of Wrath - Meliodas
    - Serpent's Sin of Envy - Diane
    - Fox's Sin of Greed - Ban (this is post-purgatory non-immortal Ban)
    - Grizzly's Sin of Sloth - King
    - Goat's Sin of Lust - Gowther
    - Boar's Sin of Gluttony - Merlin
    - Lion's Sin of Pride - Escanor

Round 04) - All of My Hero Academia

Every hero and villain in the MHA setting is kicked to their most optimal state and are thrown at the hero hunter.

I'm not going to list all of them because it's like... dozens and dozens of dudes. Also, all onscreen Nomu are also present.

Round 05) - The Combined Forces of Planet Viltrum

All shown Viltrumites from the Invincible comic series, plus Battle Beast (because he refused to be left out) square up to fight true monster.

Round 06) - The UQ Holder

The immortals decide to make a go of this to close us out. Kirie is going to cheer from the sidelines because she's either an automatic win via timestop or save-scumming or completely ineffectual in this sort of match. To change it up a bit, Garou will fight each of the Numbers in order individually and, if he wins that, he fights them as a team.

All numbers are at their most powerful. In the cases where an Immortal is essentially impossible to kill, if Garou can pin or incapacitate them for 30 seconds, then he will be awarded the kill.

- Evangeline "Yukihime" McDowell
    - Jinbei Shishido
    - Sept Shichijuurou Nanao
    - Karin Yuuki
    - Juuzou Shishimi - for the purposes of the thread, Juuzou cannot cut the Perfect Cube. As much as this may annoy him.
    - Gengorou Makabe - he has 65,535 lives.
    - Touta Kanoe
    - Nikitis Laps
    - Ikku Ameya - in his most potent combat body
    - Kuroumaru Tokisaka
    - Santa Sasaki

OKAY!

How does he do? Can he win all matches?

Extraordinary Member

Just to clarify, this is Garou starting out as he currently is in the Murata drawn manga with all his pre-Saitama fight feats (including his insane speed feat from fighting Golden Sperm)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Just to clarify, this is Garou starting out as he currently is in the Murata drawn manga with all his pre-Saitama fight feats (including his insane speed feat from fighting Golden Sperm)?
    That is correct, this is current as of 11/03/22 version of Garou.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

First, I don't think he gets past the Sins. I'm leery on him beating Meliodas at full power, and, as he can't fly, he's going to have a difficult time taking out foes who can (as long as they can get off the ground before he blitzes or live long enough to do so).

We'll know more soon, perhaps, but for now, he doesn't have the hitting feats to do lasting harm to Meliodas. Saitama certainly does, but Garou doesn't get feats in Saitama's league. Garou might be faster (though Meliodas has good feats there as well), but Full Counter isn't something he's going to have any answer to at all. Even if he does have the oomph to damage Meliodas, which again, I doubt, Merlin is a forcefield having, flying, teleporting, healing mage. This is before we even count Escanor at 11h50 and everyone else here.

For the ZOTT match, I haven't followed that far enough to know if eventual upgrades offer enough speed to deal with Garou.

For the psis, all of them might be blitzable. I don't know for Tornado - she reacts to things that fast people do all the time, so... where do we place her speed? If she gets going, she can waste Garou, but she has to get going. The others lack enough speed not to get blitzed I think. I don't know some of them well or at all, however.

The Viltrumites and BB - here, I don't know if he's got the damage output necessary to deal with Thragg, BB and the other named badasses. OTOH, I don't know if they have the speed to hit him. This battle could rage until Garou gets tired or dies of old age.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    For the psis, all of them might be blitzable. I don't know for Tornado - she reacts to things that fast people do all the time, so... where do we place her speed? If she gets going, she can waste Garou, but she has to get going. The others lack enough speed not to get blitzed I think. I don't know some of them well or at all, however.
    Manga Tetsuo is some fraction of lightspeed based on him catching actual lasers in his hands pretty easily.

Grana also has some level superspeed, I would have to look through Psyren again to get a measure of him but he's reasonably up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Manga Tetsuo is some fraction of lightspeed based on him catching actual lasers in his hands pretty easily.

Grana also has some level superspeed, I would have to look through Psyren again to get a measure of him but he's reasonably up there.
    Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about Tetsuo. I only read some of Akira, and it was so very long ago. His reactions as you present them are probably in the vicinity of Garou's, and teleportation and forcefields ought to give him time to react casually given Garou's lack of a range game. At worst, he can protect Tatsumaki until she can get going, and there's nothing in Garou's profile that says he can take what she can dish. She (or others) can just launch him into space at worst - it didn't work on Saitama thanks to... Saitama... but Garou doesn't get Saitama's feats. Yeah, I'd lean towards the psis with Tetsuo either winning it or just making sure Tatsumaki can do it.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

That is correct, this is current as of 11/03/22 version of Garou.
    Ok, then going with the groups I'm familiar with.

Seven Deadly Sins
    Garou should be faster than the lot of them and might be able to take down some of the relatively squishier members like Merlin and Gowther. But members like Meliodas, Ban and Escanor are just hilariously tough to put down. Even if Garou can blitz them I'm not sure if he has the oomph to take down them all before they all just unleash a bunch of massive AOE attacks that he gets caught in. He would have to do a lot of hitting and running, and I'm thinking that the Sins are tough enough that they withstand it until Garou gets tired and one of them smacks him, and they hit a lot harder than he does.

My Hero Academia
    So a lot of the MHA characters are going to get torn a part in the initial blitz and the ones that are tough enough to maybe survive the first attack won't last very long. The best bet is Shigaraki being able to withstand it with his toughness and healing factor and just killing everybody with Decay, maybe catching Garou with it as well.

Viltrum + BB
    Speed calcing Garou against the viltrumites from work is not something I'm gonna try. But they are all legit super fast, can fly and there are enough of them that I can absolutely see them overwhelming Garou with sheer numbers. He's not putting any of them down easily anyway.

UQ Holder
    Pinning down any of the members is fine. Doing it for 30 seconds while there are bunch of other super fast immortals with bullshit powers aiming for your head is something else entirely. Hell, I don't think he can touch Santa at all, so that's gonna be a problem for him. I don't think he can pull this off. He can blitz a lot of them, but there's some much nonsense between them that I think overwhelms him while he's trying to figure out how to deal with each member.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    She (or others) can just launch him into space at worst - it didn't work on Saitama thanks to... Saitama... but Garou doesn't get Saitama's feats.
    Location is in an inescapable cube that they cannot leave. Garou can't be space tossed, nor can anyone else.

Would repeatedly hammering him into the ceiling until he's mush work.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

For folks saying that Garou's striking power isn't up to snuff... Are you aware that he just karate chopped through the entire length of a monster that stretched from the ground to like low earth orbit? I couldn't get past the creepy factor of Seven Deadly Sins, so I don't know how durable they are... But if that isn't hurting them they are stronger than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Would repeatedly hammering him into the ceiling until he's mush work.
    now there's a squid who is getting with the programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    For folks saying that Garou's striking power isn't up to snuff... Are you aware that he just karate chopped through the entire length of a monster that stretched from the ground to like low earth orbit? I couldn't get past the creepy factor of Seven Deadly Sins, so I don't know how durable they are... But if that isn't hurting them they are stronger than I thought.
    The brick type Sins (Ban, Meliodas, Escanor) are all on the level of "mountain busters tickle," and, thinking about it, significantly beyond that.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

now there's a squid who is getting with the programme.

The brick type Sins (Ban, Meliodas, Escanor) are all on the level of "mountain busters tickle," and, thinking about it, significantly beyond that.
    Maybe I'm just underestimating the durability of mountains then because that doesn't sound outside of Garou's paygrade to me.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the durability of mountains then because that doesn't sound outside of Garou's paygrade to me.
    I don't think Garou is going to be /unable/ to hurt them.

Maybe peak "The One" Escanor, that dude is just stupid.

But like, Ban beating the **** out of Demon King controlled Meliodas involved him opening up several mile long crevices in the earth just from hitting him and culminated in him punching him on top of a multiple mile tall shard of pure diamond so hard that it split it in half, the force of the blow also scattering the clouds for miles. Meliodas, upon getting control of his body back was like "Wow, you really beat the heck out of me," but was in one piece and not permanently injured for the experience.

Like, there's also the scaling of things. Meliodas with vast majority of his power sealed and specifically not calling upon what dregs of his power he has left, casually hurls spears multiple miles to destroy a building, bisects a small mountain by waving a twig /at it/, razes a super durable castle prison to its foundations by having an arm wrestle in it and other such madness.

He then fetches up against Galand and gets the heck kicked out of him. Galand being capable of stuff "obliterating most of large town by thrusting his spear in its general direction,"

Galand meets Escanor, who at a low ebb of his power, effortlessly bisects him. Galand gets up, powers up to his absolute maximum, and hits Escanor so hard that it blasts the top of the mountain they are standing on to pieces and takes the tops off three other surrounding mountains from the sheer blowback of the hit. The result of this hit, done with his bladed spear, is that Escanor has, essentially a paper cut.

There is a pretty steep curve in SDD.

EDIT: The other issue that they can play very esoteric if they want to. If King is actually using his power, any wound Garou takes (no matter how insignificant) will progressively get worse until he dies, Ban can telefrag his internal organs out if he gets his stuff going, King can also turn him to stone with a hit, Gowther can shut his brain down.

They have a lot of options but Garou is (by offhand reckoning) almost certainly significantly faster and hits like a train. The fight is uphill for him, but it's possible.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-11-2022 at 10:11 AM.

I can't say I know (in the case of Alita), or care (in the case of MHA) about the upper limits of speed/damage in the setting... But I'd argue he ultimately loses to the Sins, TK Slamapalooza, and the comic book Viltrumites.

In the case of the last, Battle Beast, and Thragg alone were in the ballpark of "throw hands for a prolonged period of time while their organs are hanging out", and in the case of Invincible/Thragg (by end of series) "I hang on the surface of a star for a few minutes, while slowly melting". The former two, IMO, kinda come down to a combination of "too much gun", and "Escanor exists".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I can't say I know (in the case of Alita), or care (in the case of MHA) about the upper limits of speed/damage in the setting... But I'd argue he ultimately loses to the Sins, TK Slamapalooza, and the comic book Viltrumites.

In the case of the last, Battle Beast, and Thragg alone were in the ballpark of "throw hands for a prolonged period of time while their organs are hanging out", and in the case of Invincible/Thragg (by end of series) "I hang on the surface of a star for a few minutes, while slowly melting". The former two, IMO, kinda come down to a combination of "too much gun", and "Escanor exists".
    I would say in the case of MHA, Garou blitzes everyone except maybe All Might (who lacks on-panel feats of much of his best pre-horrifying-injury stuff). Shigaraki / AFO... clearly lack the pure speed but bring stupid amounts of kit to the table. If Shigaraki can get Decay going, that might do for Garou, but honestly, I think he's durable beyond anything Decay has actually worked on.

Agreed on the Viltrumites, the Sins and the TK Slammas. I don't think he can deal enough damage, quickly enough, to take out either of the first two groups and they are definitely both strong enough to hurt him. And lightspeed-ish teleporting forcefield boy should be enough to keep his teamates alive until they can get Garou off the ground. Once that happens, he's toast.

As an aside, I love how Saitama has resistance to that just... because.