Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Fourth in the last year, actually. Yes, What If Miles Morales and Gwenverse are both currently running, but Ms. Marvel Beyond The Limit also involved the multiverse.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Actually, it's the fifth. The fourth one was "Superior Four", a tie-in to Devil Reign where Dr. Octopus is the one getting his multiverse alternate selves.

I'm not sure of the release order, but that one has to be the fourth because of the name.

Ultimately Variants are a new gimmick Marvel Editorial wants to explore so Ms. Simone probably had to work it into the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Actually, it's the fifth. The fourth one was "Superior Four", a tie-in to Devil Reign where Dr. Octopus is the one getting his multiverse alternate selves.

I'm not sure of the release order, but that one has to be the fourth because of the name.

This one is after Beyond the Limit, but before both Miles and Gwen's books which are still currently running, so it was the second of the five. The order is Ms. Marvel, Superior Four, Miles Morales, Gwenverse, then The Variants.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

THE VARIANTS #5 (OF 5)

GAIL SIMONE (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    GAMES VARIANT COVER BY NETEASE
    In this heart-stopping conclusion, Jessica discovers who is actually BEHIND the appearance of the VARIANTS who have been ruining her life...but it may be too late to stop them from destroying the Multiverse!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Random Dazzler is random.

"Captain Marvel returns to Manhattan" - Did she leave that long!?

Danielle is finally starting preschool?

Makes sense for Dani to be at preschool - she's mentioned to be 3 1/2 years old.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I'm loving the Variants so far, definitely a great sequel to the original.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

To the original what, Jessica's first book, Alias? Because there's been four Jessica Jones solo books since then, initially by Bendis of course, then once he left for DC Kelly Thompson took over (who Bendis hand picked as his successor after being impressed by a guest spot in her Kate Bishop Hawkeye series). I think this is the first Jessica Jones solo book not written by Bendis or Thompson.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

So would this story take place prior to Devil's Reign or after? I'm a little confused on how it's possible to make the timing work given where Matt Murdock is now.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Probably has to be before Devil's Reign, since Matt left the city afterwards. But I guess the book won't specifically say so unless one of the New York Mayors (Kingpin or Luke Cage) shows up in that capacity.

The problem is I'm trying to figure out how Killgrave is in a coma unless it's after Devil's Reign. I'm not saying continuity has to be perfect, but it seems like it depends on the same story for two inconsistent points.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The problem is I'm trying to figure out how Killgrave is in a coma unless it's after Devil's Reign. I'm not saying continuity has to be perfect, but it seems like it depends on the same story for two inconsistent points.
    Killgrave may have had more than one coma recently. He was supposedly "dead" at the end of Bendis' last JESSICA JONES series, and then turned up alive in Kelly Thompson's, but a prisoner of his insane son and he was in fairly rough shape there, drugged and immobile. He may have been comatose for a while after that experience but prior to being awake again for DEVIL'S REIGN.

The other thing to keep in mind is that we've got multiversal weirdness going on in this book that has yet to be clearly defined or explained--so its possible some of that might account for apparent continuity discrepancies.

That's a good point. The coma was likely after Jessica Jones' last solo series.