Kristen Ritter today Instagram Histories With Mike Colter

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage

Extraordinary Member

SWEET!!!

And love the 'shark' reference...

THE VARIANTS #3 (OF 5)

GAIL SIMONE (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY BETSY COLA
    Backed into an impossible corner, Jessica is forced to make a sacrifice play that could cost her a member of her own family. Guest-starring JESSICA JONES?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Jen playing mediator .

About the landings, she used to fly with no problem, even if she disliked the idea. Then we got the Netflix series, where Jessica does not fly but just jump high. It fits better the angle of "everyday woman with mundane work and concerns and with just the most basic of superpowers, and who rejects all the usual superhero nonsense that comes afterwards", so comics took it as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    About the landings, she used to fly with no problem, even if she disliked the idea. Then we got the Netflix series, where Jessica does not fly but just jump high. It fits better the angle of "everyday woman with mundane work and concerns and with just the most basic of superpowers, and who rejects all the usual superhero nonsense that comes afterwards", so comics took it as well.
    They should be their own things though. And comics Jessica is a long way from MCU Jessica. She has grown, gotten her **** together, had a kid and gotten married. Is it too much to ask that as part of this self improvement she learns to better control her flying and landing? I could see in an emotionally troubling time that she flies and lands a little crazy...like if you were to hear a family member was hurt and in the hospital you or me might not drive as safely and we normally would.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They should be their own things though. And comics Jessica is a long way from MCU Jessica. She has grown, gotten her **** together, had a kid and gotten married. Is it too much to ask that as part of this self improvement she learns to better control her flying and landing? I could see in an emotionally troubling time that she flies and lands a little crazy...like if you were to hear a family member was hurt and in the hospital you or me might not drive as safely and we normally would.
    They went pretty full bore on giving her the style and look of the show though...

Yeah, just look at that Scottie Young variant cover a few posts up. Knightress's hair isn't supposed to be dyed, unlike Jewel's, yet it's a different colour on that cover. Originally it was the same colour as present day Jessica's hair. But since the Netflix show (and definitely since Kelly Thompson took over her book from Bendis when he left for DC), she's been shown with black hair instead of brown, like Ritter's. And it's supposed to have been that way all along, which means Knightress should have the black hair as well (which she does on that pink issue 3 cover).

I would actually be pretty funny if the black hair was revealed to be a dye job, as the OTHER Jessica's black hair is also dyed (Spider-Woman is actually blonde, which explains her son Gerry's light hair).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-22-2022 at 05:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, just look at that Scottie Young variant cover a few posts up. Knightress's hair isn't supposed to be dyed, unlike Jewel's, yet it's a different colour on that cover. Originally it was the same colour as present day Jessica's hair. But since the Netflix show (and definitely since Kelly Thompson took over her book from Bendis when he left for DC), she's been shown with black hair instead of brown, like Ritter's. And it's supposed to have been that way all along, which means Knightress should have the black hair as well (which she does on that pink issue 3 cover).

I would actually be pretty funny if the black hair was revealed to be a dye job, as the OTHER Jessica's black hair is also dyed (Spider-Woman is actually blonde, which explains her son Gerry's light hair).
    Reminds me of all the different shades of Wanda's hair over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Reminds me of all the different shades of Wanda's hair over the years.
    I know, right?! Also, reminds me of Janice

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2022 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Kristen Ritter today Instagram Histories With Mike Colter

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage

Marvel would be crazy to let a talent like Kristen Ritter get away. Colter is good too but i'm really enjoying Evil. so if he can do both yay. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Usually, in the case of comic book adaptations there is a film or TV series based on a comic book character that has been published for decades, with loads of background, related characters, lore and storylines to choose from. That was not the case here. Just 28 issues of Alias (5 story arcs), 14 of The Pulse, and some appearances alongside the New Avengers. She was almost a blank canvas for a TV series, just stay true to some details here and there, and other than that they were free to do as they pleased. It is Netflix who made the version of the character that prevailed, so it is only natural that the small inconsistencies from those earlier comics would be retconned to fit the known version.

what is Jessica's overall villain list, beyond Purple Man?