Amazing Member

Default The Days of Good Marvel Comixology Sales Appear To Be Over

Marvel used to give discounts of 50-90% but as of the X-23 and Star Wars High Republic deals today, they're only giving discounts of 25-33%. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

That change seems to have happened when Comixology closed down and was replaced by a section on Amazon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I really miss the days when Comixology was run outside of Amazon. Their comic book viewer was much better. The Amazon app has improved but can still be wonky.

Ultimate Member

Does comixology even still exist?

Amazon completely messed it up.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Amazon absolutely blows. I wish this could all go back to Comixology. Amazon ruined a good thing.

Between Marvel not really publishing content that I want to read and Amazon's ridiculous and annoying reader interface, it looks like the end of comic book reading is in my immediate future.

Amazing Member

The thing I miss most is the hyperlinks that would take you to trades that contained the book you're looking at. This stopped me from buying duplicates.

I’m not completely sure whether it’s a lot less use than old stand alone Comixology app was, or whether it’s me being useless at using new set-up.

But certainly I find it much more difficult to find specific single issues to buy (e.g.no idea how I’d go about buying something like John Ostrander Grimjack run), or to browse through what’s on sale on a specific week.

Fortunately got a lot of unread stuff from days when Comixolgy did work, so don’t really care.

Comixolgy sucks now and you can't even buy anything off the app. The search function sucks for individual issues on Amazon.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The aspect that I really like (heavy sarcasm) is having the Kindle Reader treat every single comic book issue like it's a book. So when you go to view your library, you end up swimming through the thousands of comics that you have in addition to traditional books. I'm told you can configure your library to create separate collections, but again, that's a sh**load of comics that you can't easily flag as such and place them in their own collection. The project team in charge of the Comixology-Amazon merge weren't very prescient or forward thinking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Does comixology even still exist?

Amazon completely messed it up.
    In name only. Like I said, it "closed down and was replaced by a section on Amazon".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Well, I've purchased more than 12,000 books through Comixology since it began and I'd REALLY like them to bring the hyperlinks back because it's rough without them now.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That change seems to have happened when Comixology closed down and was replaced by a section on Amazon.
    Honestly, the biggest sales I remembered were on Amazon, not Comixology (it was something insane like $2 for a Masterworks and things like that). Those got shut down maybe a year before COVID because brick and mortar comics shops rightfully complained.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah it's pretty much crap now but it's available. I also miss how you could read a book and then immediately just rate it now you have to read it which is usually on my pc and then go download it on your phone just to give it stars. The reader itself the zoom in feature makes no sense as it's just a straights zoom and you have to move around the image or if your lucky turn your pc into tablet mode for an easier read. The only good thing about it is the prime discount but yeah this is a pure case of taking something that wasn't broken and running it over with a car, picking it up, throwing it out of a 20 story building and then running it over again.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Whoever it was that updated the zoom feature on kindle for comics bless you. I'm reading defenders#4 again and i notice from full page zoom to panel zoom like comixology use to do.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There are several Marvel sales going on right now on Comixology. It's funny because they seemed to come back right after this thread appeared.