Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Huh? She's wrotten a lot for Marvel... (DOMINO, DEADPOOL, AGENT X...)
    But not Captain Marvel or Jessica Jones. I would love to see her write a Spider-Man & Spider-Woman team-up series.

Art by Varsha Vijayan

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    This makes it seem like she's had more than just those two Superhero identities...especially when they're just reusing them.

THE VARIANTS #2 (OF 5)
    GAIL SIMONE (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY Ivan Shavrin
    Jessica Jones is experiencing terrifying blackouts and leaving chaos and pain in her wake. But will the latest effects of her missing time leave her on the wrong side of the law AND her own family?
    Meanwhile, the mysterious VARIANTS arrive, and Jessica fears for her own sanity!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

By now, I know better than to get my hopes up for a Marvel story, but
    I really like Jessica Jones, as a character,
    and I have liked a lot of Gail Simone's stories (though there're many I have not cared for), and Phil Noto's artwork certainly is attractive,
    but the premise... well, wait-and-see on the premise,
    but (alas!) I have my hopes for this--!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Extraordinary Member

I just got to say this...again...it really makes no sense that Jessica Jones has trouble landing when one of her best friends is Carol Danvers who could take a couple weekends to help her work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just got to say this...again...it really makes no sense that Jessica Jones has trouble landing when one of her best friends is Carol Danvers who could take a couple weekends to help her work on it.
    Oh yeah, I guess they retconned that Jessica has trouble flying again? Or barely does it anymore. Even though she seemed to do it fine from what I remember in New Avengers.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Jessica's lack of skill with landings really hasn't been an issue in a long time. Why are we assuming its becoming an issue again? If its just because of that cover of Daredevil carrying Jessica while he swings, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a single cover image....especially for a miniseries that will be involving variant versions of Jessica.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, Jessica's lack of skill with landings really hasn't been an issue in a long time. Why are we assuming its becoming an issue again? If its just because of that cover of Daredevil carrying Jessica while he swings, I wouldn't jump to conclusions based on a single cover image....especially for a miniseries that will be involving variant versions of Jessica.
    Last time I remember seeing her land it was like a drunk person stumbling down stairs.

Well, she might've been drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Last time I remember seeing her land it was like a drunk person stumbling down stairs.
    Did a quick look around on the flying issue, in the 2016 JESSICA JONES series she's shown missing her landing and taking a dip in the river as a result.

in INCOMING circa 2019, it looks like Carol IS helping her land in the preview art.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Captain_Mar...e_for_jessica/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes it seem like she's had more than just those two Superhero identities...especially when they're just reusing them.
    It’s a graphic cover. It’s not meant to be taken literally.