Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Knights-of-X 1 preview

[

Amazing Member

The difference good art makes

Astonishing Member

I guess Jubilee is leaving the book.

I don't recognize any of King Arthur's(?) allies.

Sooo no jubilee? Well that's disappointing.

Gorgeous. Betsy out here saving mutants from the Furies. Those pages are beautiful especially her glowing eye moment.

Love seeing Meggan in action, Kylun!, Bei, and it looks like Merlyn's crew might get fleshed out a bit with these characters. The circles harken back to X of Swords. I'm so in.

I dunno why but I still feel like Jubes is the dragon.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Yeah its going to be really weird if Shogo is in this book still but Jubilee isn't for some reason? Especially because I still maintain that if Howard wants to use a dragon there are so many better options than A Literal Baby. There's actually a fair number of mutant dragon-shifters - you've got Evangeline Whedon, Ned Ralston, Jade Dragon, Freakshow, etc.

That said, I'm loving this art, I didn't see the twist of using the Tournament Gate to backdoor into Otherworld and I quite like that. But I'm guessing they do need the full ten circles filled in order to activate it, so my guesses about the Knights of Ten including Death and Redroot are way off, even if they're of course going to show up soon it sounds like. But also Betsy's already in Otherworld, so now I'm trying to guess which characters they're using to fill all ten slots, even if not all of them might end up being titular Knights of X.

1) Gambit, 2) Meggan, 3) Rictor, 4) Shatterstar, 5) Bei, 6) Rachel, 7) Kylun, 8) Shogo, 9) Jubilee and 10) Sunfire perhaps? I still feel like there's going to be a twist we don't see because I don't actually think Shogo and Jubilee are both taking up circle points here, not sure why but just a hunch. Guess we'll see.

But I also really like that they have that horned mutant Josh from New Mutants, who was last seen happily exploring Otherworld. Makes sense that he would've been stranded by the gates closing, so happy to Betsy rescuing him. I hope he sticks around and is relevant, because he could potentially be a great guide, having explored more of Otherworld at this point than anyone else likely to be on the side of mutants. Trying to remember what his power is, something about manipulating the temperature of any object he touches, hot or cold.

Quote Originally Posted by placeholder View Post
    The difference good art makes
    To was good but this, the coloring, i almost don't care what they are saying. So pretty... It looks like a high quality cartoon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah its going to be really weird if Shogo is in this book still but Jubilee isn't for some reason? Especially because I still maintain that if Howard wants to use a dragon there are so many better options than A Literal Baby. There's actually a fair number of mutant dragon-shifters - you've got Evangeline Whedon, Ned Ralston, Jade Dragon, Freakshow, etc.
    Yeah, I'm not understanding this either. And it doesn't just make Jubilee look like a terrible parent either, it makes the whole cast look negligent and messed up for using a baby as a weapon and team member. Not like this is a new problem though. I found Shogo's use as a dragon disturbing in Excalibur too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not understanding this either. And it doesn't just make Jubilee look like a terrible parent either, it makes the whole cast look negligent and messed up for using a baby as a weapon and team member. Not like this is a new problem though. I found Shogo's use as a dragon disturbing in Excalibur too.
    Like I get the feeling that it was one of those ideas that the writer or editors liked so much on a conceptual level (childhood innocence equates to actual power in Otherworld) that they kinda are just resistant to letting it go despite all the issues it creates on a practical level. But I do think its to the detriment of the book over all because as you said, it just keeps making all the adult characters involved look bad the more they keep involving Shogo. It was one thing when his presence in Otherworld was an accident that wasn't intended to last longterm....but once you're deliberately bringing him BACK into Otherworld after he's been returned to Krakoa and safety, especially with Otherworld now being so much more dangerous than it even was initially....its like hey every adult present, literally what are you even doing at this point?

Like its literally my biggest wish for the book, that could only make it better, not worse.....just please retire the dragon baby Shogo concept, let him stay safely at home, and swap him out for any of the mutant dragons you can additionally use as an actual CHARACTER that can be fully developed in ways a baby or toddler can't be. Or just make up a new dragon shifter if for some reason none of the existing ones serve your purposes.

I love that Rachel's hair is "on fire" on the Kylun rescue page. Reminds me of her original time on Excalibur with the phoenix.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love that Rachel's hair is "on fire" on the Kylun rescue page. Reminds me of her original time on Excalibur with the phoenix.
    All of this! Exactly what I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    All of this! Exactly what I was thinking
    Haha yes just like your avatar! I love it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well...that just seals it for me. I will not be adding this to my pull-list. I hate that art.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I guess Jubilee is leaving the book.

I don't recognize any of King Arthur's(?) allies.
    I can see Jubilee in the background on the second panel but not on later panels.