Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I guess Jubilee is leaving the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Sooo no jubilee? Well that's disappointing.
    I was thinking that, too. Sad.

They really shouldn't be using Shogo without her -- well, let's be honest, they really shouldn't be using him -- a literal baby -- even with her around, lol. Evangeline Whedon would be a better choice, as BobbysWorld said.

Haven't the X-Men come out against the idea of Child Soldiers? Wasn't there a whole Schism about how it's bad? But a Baby Soldier is okay...? It was one thing when it was an accident, but it definitely seems intentional by now. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I can see Jubilee in the background on the second panel but not on later panels.
    EDIT: Oh! There she is! In the background. For one panel. XD
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Excited for my boy Colin to appear in some comics again. The Age of X-Man cameos were nice but all too brief.

Didn't like Way of X, but I was a fan of Quinn's art, so excited to see his work here.

Have to agree on with everyone on the Shogo issue. He's also been weirdly aged down since Gen X Vol.2, why Maggie Braddock appears to be older than him I don't know.

It really wouldn't be hard to replace Shogo with a mutant dragon character.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This book has an interesting concept and a fun cast of characters. Not a huge fan of Bob Quinn's art but it will do. Tini Howard's writing has been awfully inconsistent throughout all of Excalibur so I'm really hoping she brings her A-game here.

Great art and… KYLUN! Please don’t kill him off! I’ll be pissed if he’s brought back just so have someone to kill to show the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Yeah, I'm not understanding this either. And it doesn't just make Jubilee look like a terrible parent either, it makes the whole cast look negligent and messed up for using a baby as a weapon and team member. Not like this is a new problem though. I found Shogo's use as a dragon disturbing in Excalibur too.
    It’s a comic book with a giant dragon in it, why do we have to moralize this?

BANNED

Rachel's hair is flaming and so are her blasts. She's using her Phoenix powers again, it looks like.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Exactatiously.

In context of the story...Shogo was very unhappy being a human baby on Krakoa it was only when he was a dragon in Otherworld that he was most comfortable (a pity Tini didn't expound on why he became a Dragon) so...morally speaking Jubilee, would have been a terrible mom if she denied her son the happiness he truly wants and needs.
    And before the moralists chime in about "spoiling" him...we're talking about the well being of his spirit and being, not whether or not he should have sweets.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Because every single line of Jubilee in Excalibur was about Shogo, but she just kept bringing him to batle, when she could just get a nanny.

I don’t care about morals, it’s just a stupid idea. Other posters pointed out how easily we could get a dragon in the story, but this the route we’re going I guess. A mom choosing to ride her baby around is not relatable. A parent’s job isn’t to make their kid happy or be their friend. It’s to raise another functioning human to adulthood. I don’t know if it’s the author or the character who is being stupidly naive here. I bet if Gambit speculated about abandoning his cats in a dangerous realm there’d be a bigger outcry versus the common fan reaction of “abandon your baby Jubilee!”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    I don’t care about morals, it’s just a stupid idea. Other posters pointed out how easily we could get a dragon in the story, but this the route we’re going I guess. A mom choosing to ride her baby around is not relatable. A parent’s job isn’t to make their kid happy or be their friend. It’s to raise another functioning human to adulthood. I don’t know if it’s the author or the character who is being stupidly naive here. I bet if Gambit speculated about abandoning his cats in a dangerous realm there’d be a bigger outcry versus the common fan reaction of “abandon your baby Jubilee!”
    Jubilee was all of what, 11 years old when she joined the XMen, and was not as powerful as Shogo. So she was in dangerous situations as a kid herself, and fought with the XMen. Since it's basically all she knows, I suppose why do people think she would have a problem with Shogo being on the battle field?

In the context of this story, Jubilee was allowed to see things no human child could have, because of who she is. So why would she deny this opportunity to Shogo, know she knows he is a powerful dragon? It's more of a story that you should not deny the nature of someone. Clearly Shogo is a magical being, and she cannot pretend he is going to grow up to be a normal human adult. Jubilee certainly didn't grow up to be a normal human adult.

And I agree, ultimately happiness and well being SHOULD be the goal of any individual human, and any parent who denies that is a terrible parent.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To was good but this, the coloring, i almost don't care what they are saying. So pretty... It looks like a high quality cartoon.
    I agree. Can we get a release of this without the dialogue, we can make our own story up as we go along.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    You do understand that Jubilee was a teen maybe even a pre teen when she joined up with the X-men and was fighting Sentinels right?

Right now as a dragon Shogo is stronger and more powerful than Jubilee has been through most of her childhood. I could understand if he couldn't protect himself but he clearly can.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No one so far have noticed apparently, but the purple horned guy is Horned Josh, first appeared in Prisoner of X, later came back in New Mutants, where it was shown he wanted to continue his live on Otherworld.

Cool to see him here and a Jubilee is gone, he might be the 10th Knight.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Bob Quinn has really stepped up his game. This looks great.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To was good but this, the coloring, i almost don't care what they are saying. So pretty... It looks like a high quality cartoon.
    I think that's why I'm not sold on it.
    It's a little too "pretty" (the colourist?) Quinn's art is certainly not as cartoony as the new artist on Marauders (which I absolutely hate, as well) I can't really put my finger on it but it falls very flat to me. (It also reminds me of Anka's work which I also do like at all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!