Thread: Find A Mutant

Astonishing Member

Default Find A Mutant

I went looking but couldn't find a thread quite like this but apologies if there's one I missed. But basically just a thread utilizing the cumulative knowledge of the X-board to find/remember specific mutants people can't remember the names of or where they appeared.

To start it off, there's a mutant who only appeared once, it was either in Morrison's run or right before it, but I can't remember the character's name.....but he was a green-haired mutant punk that the X-Men had to deal with when he was creating a public disturbance by deconstructing matter and storing it as psychic data in his brain, kinda? Basically he was some kind of teleporter who disassembled matter but then he chose not to reassemble it and it just stayed in his head. I know Jean was one of the ones to confront him, and I'm not sure but I WANT to say that he attacked Cape Citadel, the same place Magneto and the X-Men first fought, as he was trying to make a point. Its possible it wasn't actually Morrison who wrote the issue I'm thinking of, and it was between Eve of Destruction and E for Extinction?

Anyone remember who I'm talking about here and what issue he appeared in? I'm pretty sure it was at or near the start of Morrison's run but I can't seem to find it.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 03-12-2022 at 03:14 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I went looking but couldn't find a thread quite like this but apologies if there's one I missed. But basically just a thread utilizing the cumulative knowledge of the X-board to find/remember specific mutants people can't remember the names of or where they appeared.

To start it off, there's a mutant who only appeared once, it was either in Morrison's run or right before it, but I can't remember the character's name.....but he was a green-haired mutant punk that the X-Men had to deal with when he was creating a public disturbance by deconstructing matter and storing it as psychic data in his brain, kinda? Basically he was some kind of teleporter who disassembled matter but then he chose not to reassemble it and it just stayed in his head. I know Jean was one of the ones to confront him, and I'm not sure but I WANT to say that he attacked Cape Citadel, the same place Magneto and the X-Men first fought, as he was trying to make a point. Its possible it wasn't actually Morrison who wrote the issue I'm thinking of, and it was between Eve of Destruction and E for Extinction?

Anyone remember who I'm talking about here and what issue he appeared in? I'm pretty sure it was at or near the start of Morrison's run but I can't seem to find it.
    Uncanny X-Men #394?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #394?
    Warp Savant! Yup, that's him! Thank you!

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Warp Savant! Yup, that's him! Thank you!
    No problem. :)

Not to be rude, but was vaguely hoping this would be a World map to point out where every Mutant was born. If it doesn't exist maybe we could get some people on the case.
    Last edited by ChibaMariners; 03-15-2022 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    Not to be rude, but was vaguely hoping this would be a World map to point out where every Mutant was born. If it doesn't exist maybe we could get some people on the case.
    About that... there's a LOT of characters where we just don't know.