Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ewww. Just keep Peter, Miles, Jessica and Silk as the 616 Spiders and Miguel and Gwen as the multiverse ones.

Also why is Black Widow here?
    The Black Widow doesn't have Spider-Powers. Also there are lot of potential stories that could work with her involvement with Peter Parker. I long to see a Black Widow and Spider-Man team-up event as well as a Spider-Woman and Spider-Man team-up event. This would get a lot of Spider-readers to support the Black Widow and Spider-Woman solo series if they become reoccurring guests in the pages of ASM and SSM respectively. Neither Natasha nor Jessica share the same origin with the radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, which is a huge plus because it doesn't overlap their own origins.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 03-18-2022 at 09:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I'd like to see Jessica return.

Not a whole lot of people LIKE Jon being bi-sexual either.
    When did a hand full of whiny comicsgaters that no one takes seriously become "a whole lot of people" ?
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    f whiny comicsgaters that no one takes seriously
    Noone in stubborn echo chambers like yours that pretend every 'progressive' stunt is a success takes them seriously you mean

And that's the reality you have to face, that these things are, and always will be, a 'stunt', and the minute it's out of season, it's done.

Noone in stubborn echo chambers like yours that pretend every 'progressive' stunt is a success takes them seriously you mean
    Comicsgaters are objectively bad people who aren't right about anything. They're like a nazi-litmus test for comic books, if you find that a position you hold is popular with comicsgaters you should take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and reflect where you went wrong.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 03-18-2022 at 10:43 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

When did a hand full of whiny comicsgaters that no one takes seriously become "a whole lot of people" ?
    There are a lot of people calling out Jon's relationship being written extremely hollow and surface level online who hate Comicsgate, myself included

And that's the reality you have to face, that these things are, and always will be, a 'stunt', and the minute it's out of season, it's done.
    Yeah I don't think playing extremes is a good idea, it's like people who said if you don't like the Black Widow movie you're a bad person whereas the movie just wasn't that good.

Comicsgaters are objectively bad people who aren't right about anything. They're like a nazi-litmus test for comic books, if you find that a position you hold is popular with comicsgaters you should take a good long look at yourself in the mirror and reflect where you went wrong.
    I agree w/ the first half fully, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

If Comicsgate doesn't like a movie that doesn't make it a great movie, it just means they dislike it for diff. reasons.Black Widow is again a great example here

Using extremes to defend a point is a sign it's not a good point in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    There are a lot of people calling out Jon's relationship being written extremely hollow and surface level online who hate Comicsgate, myself included

Yeah I don't think playing extremes is a good idea, it's like people who said if you don't like the Black Widow movie you're a bad person whereas the movie just wasn't that good.

I agree w/ the first half fully, but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

If Comicsgate doesn't like a movie that doesn't make it a great movie, it just means they dislike it for diff. reasons.Black Widow is again a great example here

Using extremes to defend a point is a sign it's not a good point in the first place
    I'm not talking about a broken clock situation, I'm saying that if you dislike something for the same reason that comicsgaters do then some reflection is needed because they simply don't have any valid reasons for disliking something. And that isn't an extreme...it's the literal truth.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not talking about a broken clock situation, I'm saying that if you dislike something for the same reason that comicsgaters do then some reflection is needed because they simply don't have any valid reasons for disliking something. And that isn't an extreme...it's the literal truth.
    Well you just added the "same reason" thing so I agree w/ you

Quote Originally Posted by MisterC View Post
    Look at the horrors facing trans communities, I don't care what percentage of the population they make up. No one should have their existence threatened.
    Which horrors? Are they forced to be basically unpersons, like women in some Islamic countries? Are they sent to concentrations camps, like gays in Castro's Cuba? Are they legally considered a mental illness, like in China some years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Which horrors? Are they forced to be basically unpersons, like women in some Islamic countries? Are they sent to concentrations camps, like gays in Castro's Cuba? Are they legally considered a mental illness, like in China some years ago?
    If you cannot open your eyes and see that they aren't afforded the same rights as every other US citizen then I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

And, up until 2016, yes.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

otto chocktavius is pansexual
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Jessica Drew should be a part of the Spider-Family, as well as Natasha because their origin doesn't overlap Peter's own. They are plenty of stories to tell if both Black Widow and Jessica make a reoccurring guest appearance in the pages of ASM. Miles, Silk, and Spider-Gwen share the same origin as Peter as they got bitten by a radioactive spider.

I think that Spidey works best if he's the only one who was bitten by a radioactive spider(Silk, Miles, Spider-Gwen). I feel that Julia Carpenter, Natasha Romanov, and Jessica Drew would make for a great addition to the Spider-Family because their talents and powers are not tied to Peter Parker. Makes the stories interesting and would bring the Spider-readers to their solo series in large sales numbers.

Alternate reality spider-characters like Miles and Spider-Gwen works best in their own universe rather then to have them in Marvel-616. Everything is now saturated with Spider-heroes who got bitten by the same radioactive spider that bit Peter Parker, like Silk. If Marvel wants a Spider-character to come out, it should be Silk.
    Slight nitpick - Gwen was depowered by her world's evil version of Silk, so now she her world's Venom symbiote instead and is no longer powered by a spider-bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    *comes out of his cave*

Anyway, they should get Anya Corazon out of the closet. She's a "safe" modern character who has also had ongoing series of her own, a new one with this new status would be very welcomed. With most of her fans already seeing some queer subtext in her, and with her being relatively obscure, officially revealing she's a lesbian/bi wouldn't be too controversial. Give her a push (doesn't even have to be a big one, just make her slightly more prominent in other series like Miles' or Jess' and in crossovers) to make her cement into the public conscious.

*goes back to his cave*
    Anya's already appearing in Black Widow's book.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Really hope they bring back back 1610 Jess for just her character and also for the rep

You're Still ignoring Black Cat btw, not only are singling out the Spider-man franchise but also a relatively small sub-section of it and even then ignoring 1610 Jess
    Should never have axed her. Bendis wanted to bring her to 616, but with Silk and Spider-Gwen having recently debuted, editorial said no.

I remember when the Hulk comics jettisoned most of their Hulk spin-offs in an event. Worked out fine for the brand.
    Did it? A few months later, Bruce Banner was also depowered and they made Amadeus Cho the new Hulk.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did it? A few months later, Bruce Banner was also depowered and they made Amadeus Cho the new Hulk.
    Yes, but Bruce came back and we got Immortal Hulk out of it, which certainly didn't just put all the Hulks back in place and did other things with them.

https://twitter.com/SupSpiderTalk/st...20715909255171

It's great to see Marvel's editorial participating in the walkout, including the the Spidey office (or so I've been told).
    Apparently Marvel Editorial, including the Spidey office, are participating in the Disney Walkout. That's great to see.

BANNED

Awesome. I guess this explains ASM's relaunch delay. Some things are more important and this is one of them.